“Fantastic gem”

Ranked #68 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic gem”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. Perfectly located only a few blocks up the coast from the malecon, it was conveniently located but very quite. I never needed a taxi as I was able to walk anywhere I wanted. Room was beautifully appointed, modern, clean - perfect. And front desk staff were very friendly. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have view of ocean and beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Worldtravelguy
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

I do not have much to say, but thank you for taking the time to wrte about us. I will convey your message to our front desk staff, I am sure they will like to know about how you appreciated their work.

Again, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

José Luis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

When we saw this hotel we thought we had found our place of stay when visiting Vallarta. After the first night the hotel staff blew their chance to keep us for five more nights.

It appeared that the room had not been rented for a while and had collected a lot of dust. We could not take our shoes off because of the sand/dirt. There were 2 giant roaches in the room (one dead, one alive), tiny spiders and ants, and some mosquitoes. Apparently the room had not been checked before our stay. In addition, the room they had was on the first floor with no windows and, although spacious, felt like a basement. (Being on the first floor, you get all the reception noise first thing in the morning.)

Regarding the staff, our interactions with Victoria in reception were rather cold. We found this surprising in such a hospitable town. She seemed indifferent as to whether or not we were to stay and showed no interest in the overall quality of our experience.

R. Amelio

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank FadedDeception
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

As owner and general manager of Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I want to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. I am sorry by the same time to read that there were some things that should have not happened. Finding sand and a couple of roaches is of course something inacceptable. It is a shame that we did not get a chance to talk while you were in the hotel. However, I will look into it to make sure that such things do not happen again. As you might conclude per the various comments of other guests, those things obviously are not part of our daily operation.

Again, thank you for your important observations. You can rest assured that I will personally look into them.

Best regards,

Owner/General Manager
Seattle
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our six nights at Hotel Suites Nadia in Vallarta. This is a very well designed, well maintained, comfortable building with a helpful, friendly staff. The view is spectacular from the rooftop pool and breakfast area. The breakfasts were simple and nicely presented.

The Malecón is just a few blocks away. Even closer is a grocery store and an assortment of tourist shops and shops more oriented toward locals, and several nice restaurants. Just a couple blocks away is the main bus route. We never waited more than one minute for a bus.

The kitchenette and seating area in our unit (403) made it feel more like an apartment than a hotel room. With juice and bottled water from the grocery store, we made our own ice cubes and used the supplied blender to make drinks to enjoy on our private balcony overlooking the street. The balcony was a great place to relax after walking around town and just enjoy people watching down on the the beach or up the street. At night the sound of the surf crashing on the beach was mesmerizing.

We now have wonderful memories of our visit to Puerto Vallarta, and Hotel Suites Nadia was the perfect hub for our enjoyment of our time there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BuzzinBlair
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guests:

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel during your recent visit.

It pleases us to know that your holidays in our city and hotel were to your full satisfaction.

José Luis.
Sultan, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I just returned from 9 days in PV, staying at Hotel Suites Nadia in the el Centro district. What a wonderful time we had. We stayed in suite-401, and the owner of this rental Susan was the most wonderful person to work with, She answered all (and I mean a lot) of my questions, and had great advice for us. The rooftop pool is awesome and we had it almost exclusively to ourselves,,wonderful. The staff was stellar! Daniel the night manager was especially wonderful, we had lengthy conversations with him, and he was more than helpful to us. He went above and beyond for us and was a real pleasure to deal with. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone not needing all of the trappings of a big resort, and looking for a very chill and relaxing environment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank dangr3rdi
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Hotel Suites Nadia Puerto Vallarta. We are very pleased to know that we fulfilled your expectations and that you would consider coming back to stay.

I will pass on to the staff, specially to Daniel, your kind comments. I am sure that they will like to know about that.

Again, we thank you for sharing your experience with other potential visitors and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in a near future.

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location for this hotel couldn't be better as it's only a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk and right in the heart of downtown which makes walking around very easy. Other than getting to and from the airport and an excursion to the pirate ship dinner (which was a ton of fun) we didn't need to use a cab at all. However, they were always readily available if needed.

The rooms are a bit on the small side, but if you're there as a couple they are perfect and intimate in my opinion. They were always kept spotless and were tastefully decorated, and the air conditioning worked great. The room layouts are all a bit different but all have the same elements, a small living room, a kitchenette, a small bedroom and a surprisingly large bathroom. There was also a small balcony on our room where we ate our breakfast every day.

The staff are extremely friendly and speak English extremely well, and are more than happy to help get you anything you need. We enjoyed the continental breakfast which included coffee, fruit juice, a fruit platter (or oatmeal), and toast and jam. We found this to be enough food to keep us going until lunch time no problem. As for restaurants there are tons in the area, so no need to worry about that.

The pool is fairly small and really just good to dip in to cool off or stand in and people watch. The views from the rooftop (and while standing in the infinity pool) however are spectacular and make up for the lack of size. The water was always sparkling and the pool (and deck area) was spotless.

The only negative I could give (and it is in no way the hotels fault)is the beach club located in front of the hotel can get a bit crowded and noisy sometimes. I never found it to be a problem extremely late at night, but heard from other guests that is has been a problem in the past. It never kept me up in any case, but did make the beach area a bit more crowded. There was still plenty of room on the beach for us however.

Overall I'd say this was a great room and I really enjoyed the people I met there and easy of access to everything. I would certainly considering staying there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JamesSeldon
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello James:

First of all, it pleases me to know that you enjoyed our Hotel Suites Nadia during your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta. In effect, the location of our complex is something that most of our guests find ideal; I am glad you did too.

We also try to maintain the cleaning standars of our suites so that our guests find them spotless, again, I am glad you find them acceptable as well.

In respect to the beach club, I am happy to report that in effect up to last year it created some problems at times due to the music they played. Since this year, the city government has been paying closer attention to their operation patterns and things are much better, as you were able to see.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in a near future.

General Manager.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here in one of the higher floors for a week, it's an easy going little place where all the staff are very friendly.

The included breakfast is acceptable but after a week becomes a bit of the same-same, there's quite a few good breakfast options nearby if you're looking for something a bit more extravagant (eggs, etc)

The only complaint I had (and had to take off a star) is the Internet connection is very poor. I was doing business while travelling and simply couldn't rely on it at all, which caused a lot of anxiety and resulted in me having to purchase a 3G usb stick which wasn't really much better. It will have bursts for 30-45 minutes where it works well, then 30-45 minutes where its completely unusable and you can't connect to anything. If they can get the internet connection working quickly and reliably this place would be absolutely mint.

The rooms have all been fit out intelligently and having a mini kitchen is quite practical.

Overall very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta. Just so you know, shortly a local internet company will be starting the works aimed at improving the internet reception within the entire building. I am sure that when you come to visit us again you will see that this problem has been resolved. Also, in respect to the breakfast, we are exploring the possibility of increasing from continental breakfast to a full breakfast. I hope to see you again soon so you confirm that in effect your suggestions have been well received and addressed.

Best regards and thank you again for your comments.

New Paltz, NY
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a great stay at Hotel Suites Nadia! The breakfast up on the roof deck is wonderful! Fresh made tortillas, awesome salsas, and friendly service...a great start to every day!
We also enjoyed having our own little happy hour up at the roof deck pool. Pool is very small, but we were often the only ones there, so it didn't make much difference.
Our suite was clean and comfortable. Not the most luxurious we've ever seen, but in a contemporary style and great value. You'll need to walk a little way to the Zone Romantica, but we enjoyed doing it along the Malecon...even though we were approached by vendors nonstop along the way!

Take a water taxi to Yelapa for the day! And go to the botanical gardens! PV is wonderful!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicoleNewPaltz
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I will share with Román your positive comments about the breakfast; I am sure that he will be very happy to know.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.