“HSN lives up to its rep”
Review of Hotel Suites Nadia

Hotel Suites Nadia
Ranked #68 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
toronto
“HSN lives up to its rep”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

HSN lives up to its great rating on this site. We were there for 2 weeks and, aside from excessive noise from the beach club in front on our first day, we were very comfortable. The staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly. Jose Luis, the manager/owner, is conscientious and courteous. The bed is comfortable, the decor is attractive, and it is spotlessly clean. We were in 203 and I would have preferred to be one floor up as our balcony view was obstructed by the beach club sign. Nevertheless, the view from the pretty rooftop terrace is always spectacular. One suggestion would be to increase the amount of storage/closet space or add some hooks onto the bedroom and bathroom doors. A more varied breakfast menu would also improve the experience for those longer term guests. Aside from these quibbles, the proximity to Old Vallarta, the Malecon, and a lovely beach make Hotel Suites Nadia a great base for a PV visit.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sydneyc
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hello Sydney:

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta. As I explained while you were here, the special event -wedding- carried out at the restaurant next door was something that was not allowed by city ordinances and has been taken care ever since. The City government continues to work in measures to prevent this from happening again. I thank you for your understanding on this matter.

I am very happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location of the hotel very acceptable.

Again, thank you for your kind comments about us and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

José Luis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recently completed a five week vacation at Hotel Suites Nadia and can honestly say we did not have one single complaint during the entire stay. Jose Luis (owner/manager) and his staff strive to provide excellent personal attention/service to their guests, and they certainly succeed. The suite was always well kept and cleaned daily. We have stayed at many different hotels and condos over a 25 year period of visiting PV annually. This was a first stay at Nadia for us, and it is now one of our favorites. We highly recommend Hotel Suites Nadia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shirl-bob
Jose Luis C, Manager at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Shirl-bob:

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to our Puerto Vallarta hotel. It pleases me to know that you had a great time with us. I will pass on your comments to the staff, I know they will like to hear that as well.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Courtenay, Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our third time staying in Hotel Suites Nadia in downtown Puerto Vallarta. This time we were in 403 which is a little smaller than 301 and 401 where we've stayed before, but had what we needed, and the little balcony is definitely big enough for two for morning coffee or evening drinks, with a great view of the beach (Playa de Camarones) and the sunsets on the water. The staff (99 per cent the same since we started going there) is just stellar - from the front desk to housekeeping. I wish I knew the name of the daytime desk clerk, as she has always been so nice - funny, helpful and accommodating -- and this year she was a wonderful informal Spanish teacher as I strove to do even better with my Espanol speaking and comprehension. But Jose Luis, if you're reading this -- I did thank her, but feel free to pass along how really great it was to see her again. We ate from the little taco carts and the hamburguesa stand just up the block from the condo, and both were delish and inexpensive. It's such a good location - close enough to walk to just about everything, but far enough off the Malecon to be quieter than places there. Competely recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WileyFrench
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Wiley French:

Thank so much for wrting about your recent third visit to Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta. It pleases us to know that you found us again worthy of your business, muchas gracias!!!

The name of the morning desk clerk girl is Victoria and I will make sure that she knows about your appreciation of her Spanish teaching efforts. Vicky is for sure an asset for the hotel and a great benefit to our guests, she does have a nice smile every day to share with guests and fellow staff members.

Again, muchas gracias, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nelson, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel Suites Nadia was the perfect spot for our first trip to PV. Great location just 2 blocks north of the Malecon .An amazing ocean view from the roof top terrace and infinity pool. A grocery store across the road.Steps away from the beach.
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.The lovely rooms kept squeaky clean.We loved our continental breakfasts on the terrace each morning while we looked out for whales.
It's easy to walk to the Malecon and Viejo Vallarta from here but it's a quieter spot away from party central. You feel in the heart of real Puerto Vallarta with it's cobblestone streets and liveliness.So easy to get a local bus to see some of the surrounding small towns.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth I
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Ruth:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to our Puerto Vallarta hotel. It really pleases us to know that we, the staff and hotel, fulfilled your expectations. I will share your message with the entire staff; I am sure they will be happy to know that their efforts paid off. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

José Luis Casillas U.
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a great experience, right in the middle of old Vallarta. Steps from a beautiful beach, an easy walk to the Malecon, full-scale market up the street and the best late night 'street meat' tacos just up the block. Many restaurants are within a short walking distance. The room was clean and quiet (smallish & cozy), the staff was simply amazing. Warm, friendly, personable and very helpful. They offered towels for the beach, tips on places to eat and local attractions, and the topper was a beautiful complimentary continental breakfast every morning: fresh fruit, juice, coffee, toast & hot cereal. If you're looking for a change from the big beach resorts and would like to experience the real Vallarta, this is a great place to start.

Room Tip: Ask for room 403- a bit smaller than the privately owned rentals mentioned by other reviewers, but y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tmac3putt
Jose Luis C, Propietario at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. We are very pleased to know that you found our property satisfactory. I will make sure that our staff knows about your comment and we certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.

José Luis Casillas U.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We considered this hotel because of all the great reviews on Tripadvisor and then after talking to Susan our decision was made. I have to say she is a fabulous person to deal with.
She constantly warned us about going during Semana Santa (how bad can it be) but it worked for us time wise so off we went for 3 weeks at the hotel. From the first moment we walked thru the door to the second we left - we loved every minute of it all. The staff here is unbelievable!! after the second day we felt like we were part of a family, they take an interest in what you are doing and where you are going. Offering great local information and advice when asked for. We were luck enough to stay in room 301 and 401 so got to compare the two. Each room has its attributes, They are almost identical (very small differences in storage) Each room is extremely private, 401 definitely has the better view and we found it to capture the breeze a bit more and maybe a tiny bit nosier (sound rises so even the surf was louder much to our enjoyment) Room 301 was slightly quieter and the view of the sand on the beach in one area was restricted. You have to look over the thatched roof of the Mango Club. Both kitchens are extremely well equipped - 401 has a crock pot and rice cooker but 301 has a very small briquette barbecue - the only thing I could not find were measuring spoons (not important at all) We found the beds to be extremely comfortable, the towels plush and soft and the beach chairs an added bonus. I LOVE the beach but enjoyed the roof top pool area here more. You can lay on a lounge chair be entertained by all the activity on the beach with the infinity pool steps away and refreshments only a floor or two away. We spent many happy hours up here. The whole hotel is absolutely spotless, from the pool washroom to the decking, Hector does a fabulous job with the pool and hot tub (yes it was hot) the windows and floors are constantly being washed, Our room was kept cleaner than my house and I am pretty picky!! The location is absolutely perfect - close enough to the Malecon but not in a huge tourist area. (when I go on vacation I want to be with the locals - not in a relocated North-American Hotel complex) We walked for miles daily - to the far end of the Romantic Zone, to Wal-Mart, back and forth criss crossing all over the place. I love watching people go about their daily lives, checking out all the architecture, flowers and finding small those hidden "gems". The bus was a breeze to take and I loved being able to just flag one down if we could not see a bus stop. The grocery store up the street was amazing they had everything (like a mini Wal-Mart). We constantly were stocking up on fresh tortillas, taco chips, guacamole, frijoles and loved their coleslaw and their fried chicken was always fresh. Beer, Wine, Tequila - they had it all. I do have to mention the music from the Mango Club - with all the beautiful music Mexico has it is sad to have a club play the same 10 selections over and over. It did get tiresome hearing the boom boom boom - but I know the hotel management is working on the problem. Is it bad enough to make me stay somewhere else - Not At All.
I do have to comment on Semena Santa - was it loud, Yes - was it crowded, Yes -was it interesting,Yes - was it fun to watch another country celebrate their most popular holiday -Yes, Would I do it again, probably but I might wait a year or two. (I did not find it as bad as Spring Break in Florida) I consider ourselves very lucky to have found this GEM of a hotel, our heartfelt thanks go out to all the staff for helping to make our vacation so special. They are an amazing group of people. Can't wait for next year!!

Room Tip: Try to get one of the end units, they are larger and much brighter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank markenbc
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guests:

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and sharing your experiences during your recent visit to our Puerto Vallarta hotel. I will make sure that all of the staff knows about your opinions; I am sure as well that they will feel very proud to know that their efforts and hard work are appreciated by our guests.

In respect to the management, I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our best to improve our day to day services.

Again, muchas gracias and thank you so much for your kind words.

José Luis Casillas Urrutia
General Manager.
Setauket
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Cozy compact clean apartment. Wonderful, helpful staff. Beautiful view of ocean and sunsets from balcony and rooftop. Steps to the beach and a short walk to the Malecon. Loved it!

Room Tip: Small boutique hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kay O
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Kay:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. In effect, convenient location is one of our strong points; I am glad you feel that way too.

Again, muchas gracias for writing about us, we look forward to seeing you again in a near future.

José Luis Casillas Urrutia