“Nearly perfect!”

Ranked #69 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Ridgecrest, California
“Nearly perfect!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a great experience, right in the middle of old Vallarta. Steps from a beautiful beach, an easy walk to the Malecon, full-scale market up the street and the best late night 'street meat' tacos just up the block. Many restaurants are within a short walking distance. The room was clean and quiet (smallish & cozy), the staff was simply amazing. Warm, friendly, personable and very helpful. They offered towels for the beach, tips on places to eat and local attractions, and the topper was a beautiful complimentary continental breakfast every morning: fresh fruit, juice, coffee, toast & hot cereal. If you're looking for a change from the big beach resorts and would like to experience the real Vallarta, this is a great place to start.

Room Tip: Ask for room 403- a bit smaller than the privately owned rentals mentioned by other reviewers, but y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tmac3putt
Jose Luis C, Propietario at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. We are very pleased to know that you found our property satisfactory. I will make sure that our staff knows about your comment and we certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.

José Luis Casillas U.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We considered this hotel because of all the great reviews on Tripadvisor and then after talking to Susan our decision was made. I have to say she is a fabulous person to deal with.
She constantly warned us about going during Semana Santa (how bad can it be) but it worked for us time wise so off we went for 3 weeks at the hotel. From the first moment we walked thru the door to the second we left - we loved every minute of it all. The staff here is unbelievable!! after the second day we felt like we were part of a family, they take an interest in what you are doing and where you are going. Offering great local information and advice when asked for. We were luck enough to stay in room 301 and 401 so got to compare the two. Each room has its attributes, They are almost identical (very small differences in storage) Each room is extremely private, 401 definitely has the better view and we found it to capture the breeze a bit more and maybe a tiny bit nosier (sound rises so even the surf was louder much to our enjoyment) Room 301 was slightly quieter and the view of the sand on the beach in one area was restricted. You have to look over the thatched roof of the Mango Club. Both kitchens are extremely well equipped - 401 has a crock pot and rice cooker but 301 has a very small briquette barbecue - the only thing I could not find were measuring spoons (not important at all) We found the beds to be extremely comfortable, the towels plush and soft and the beach chairs an added bonus. I LOVE the beach but enjoyed the roof top pool area here more. You can lay on a lounge chair be entertained by all the activity on the beach with the infinity pool steps away and refreshments only a floor or two away. We spent many happy hours up here. The whole hotel is absolutely spotless, from the pool washroom to the decking, Hector does a fabulous job with the pool and hot tub (yes it was hot) the windows and floors are constantly being washed, Our room was kept cleaner than my house and I am pretty picky!! The location is absolutely perfect - close enough to the Malecon but not in a huge tourist area. (when I go on vacation I want to be with the locals - not in a relocated North-American Hotel complex) We walked for miles daily - to the far end of the Romantic Zone, to Wal-Mart, back and forth criss crossing all over the place. I love watching people go about their daily lives, checking out all the architecture, flowers and finding small those hidden "gems". The bus was a breeze to take and I loved being able to just flag one down if we could not see a bus stop. The grocery store up the street was amazing they had everything (like a mini Wal-Mart). We constantly were stocking up on fresh tortillas, taco chips, guacamole, frijoles and loved their coleslaw and their fried chicken was always fresh. Beer, Wine, Tequila - they had it all. I do have to mention the music from the Mango Club - with all the beautiful music Mexico has it is sad to have a club play the same 10 selections over and over. It did get tiresome hearing the boom boom boom - but I know the hotel management is working on the problem. Is it bad enough to make me stay somewhere else - Not At All.
I do have to comment on Semena Santa - was it loud, Yes - was it crowded, Yes -was it interesting,Yes - was it fun to watch another country celebrate their most popular holiday -Yes, Would I do it again, probably but I might wait a year or two. (I did not find it as bad as Spring Break in Florida) I consider ourselves very lucky to have found this GEM of a hotel, our heartfelt thanks go out to all the staff for helping to make our vacation so special. They are an amazing group of people. Can't wait for next year!!

Room Tip: Try to get one of the end units, they are larger and much brighter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank markenbc
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guests:

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and sharing your experiences during your recent visit to our Puerto Vallarta hotel. I will make sure that all of the staff knows about your opinions; I am sure as well that they will feel very proud to know that their efforts and hard work are appreciated by our guests.

In respect to the management, I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our best to improve our day to day services.

Again, muchas gracias and thank you so much for your kind words.

General Manager.
Setauket
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Cozy compact clean apartment. Wonderful, helpful staff. Beautiful view of ocean and sunsets from balcony and rooftop. Steps to the beach and a short walk to the Malecon. Loved it!

Room Tip: Small boutique hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kay O
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Kay:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. In effect, convenient location is one of our strong points; I am glad you feel that way too.

Again, muchas gracias for writing about us, we look forward to seeing you again in a near future.

Houston
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We returned to HSN March 13 to 19, 2012. We stayed here 2 years ago and enjoyed the stay so much, we needed to return. The service and staff was exceptional - again. Jose Luis the manager and Antonio the desk manager could not have been more professional! The room was spotless. Some reviewers remark about the room size. But, we love PV and know it's all about the beach, the city, the hospitality, the vitality - Pacifico's and incredible food.... And, all this is at your doorstep at HSN!! So, the room is perfect - a place to clean up, relax, sleep and get ready for a great time.

We heard some noise in the early evening (boy, it sounded like a good time!) but, it went quiet at 9:30... Maybe we could complain about the noise of the waves crashing on the beach - this is the noise we heard - and woke-up to each morning.... What could be more 'beachy' than this? When we expressed our concern about the waves making noise, Jose Luis promised to see what he could do.... Like we said, perfect service!!

Seriously, the beach is 50 feet from the hotel. A major grocery store is 100 feet away on the main street. The "Malecon" is 15 minutes walking. In fact we walked everywhere. What a joy. The only problem we see here is they don't allow 6 stars for location. There isn't a better located hotel than this!!

And, we are very happy to report PV is renovating the streets and sidewalks - making the sidewalks wider!! The Malecon is closed to vehicles. So, there is a wide and wonderful promenade.

So we had our PV fix - and can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: We were in 302, which is one of the smaller units - perfect for us (2 people) - cozy, all the amenit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I make a point of sharing with the staff the comments we receive from our guests. I am very certain that they will love to hear about yours; thank you again, we appreciate it.

By the way, our good Lord did answer me when I asked him if he could reduce the pounding noise of the crashing waves, they are calmer now!!!

Muchas gracias de nuevo and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Saskatoon
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Upon hearing that we were planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta, we found that most people would ask, "Which resort did you choose?"

Although we're not philosophically opposed to all-inclusive resorts, we're not really resort types. So, we were very pleased to happen upon the Hotel Suites Nadia when browsing for a hotel instead of a resort.

We didn't want the hotel (or any hotel, on any trip) to be the focus of our ten-day stay, but it is important that it be pleasant, clean, spacious, and in a good location.

Simply put, Hotel Suites Nadia exceeds in all of the above.

We switched from #203 to #402 during our stay because of availability. 203 has a small balcony and is a bit more spacious, but 402 was fine too. Reviews recommend #301 and #401; we did get to have a look at 401 and while it is superior, it's nothing to stop you from booking the other rooms. It's really nice to have a suite with a kitchenette.

We spent more time than we anticipated on the rooftop patio. The 360 degree view is great but of course most of the time we faced the ocean, watching the waves, the people on the beach, and the dolphins frolicking (we never did see whales, although other guests reported seeing some while we there there). The rooftop is a great place for early-morning coffee, noon-day sun, late afternoon or evening drinks.....um, I guess it's just a great place to be. The hotel is small enough that it's almost like a bed and breakfast (without the breakfast) in that you can meet other people if you wish and the rooftop is a good place to do that.

Carlos at the front desk is very helpful and knowledgeable. In fact, all of the staff are competent, professional, and friendly.

We would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Guillaume89
Jose Luis C, Director General at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent experience at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your vacation with us. I will make a point of vonveying to Carlos your kind comments about his service. He has been an excellent person to have at our front desk.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in a near future.

General Manager.
Sudbury
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This small, ten unit condo hotel has it all: great central location on the beach;close to all amenities such as the new Theatro Vallarta, Ley's grocery store and the Malecon.
The two units we stayed in , #301&-#401 are owned by Susan Samuel,who makes sure that every detail during your stay is taken care of.The onsite manager,Jose' Luis Casillas Urrutia and his staff ( Viky, Carlos,Antonio,Alexis,Inez,and Hector) are very accomodating, friendly and helpful.
The units are modern, with two flat screen T.V.s , air conditioning,and a well stocked kitchen.The view from the rooftop infinity pool and jacuzzi is spectacular.
Check out the You Tube video; beachcondosnadiapuertovallarta.com
We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have a better ocean view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FoxT
San Francisco
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I'm sitting outside my condo, suite 301, eating breakfast and watching and listening to the waves. Life really doesn't get much better than that! This is my 2nd time staying at Hotel Suites Nadia in one of the 2 oceanview suites privately owned by Susan Samuel (#301 and #401). The view can't be beat; you can hear the ocean's waves crashing from your bed. You can even watch the sunset from your shower! The suite is beautiful, comfortable bed, good water pressure and hot water in the shower, a kitchen with everything you need and more. And 2 TVs with a ton of channels in both English and Spanish. The ocean is right below you, and there's an infinity pool and jacuzzi on the roof of this small 5-story building. Want to swim/sit in the jacuzzi and watch the ocean when you first wake up or before you go to bed? This is the place. Everything is literally around the corner. One block away you will find a 24-hour supermarket; the Malecon is a 5-minute walk. The crafts market is a few more minutes away by foot. You can get there by walking along the beach.

The place has EVERYTHING: even some kitchen appliances I don't have back home. You want to sit on the beach? Open the bedroom closet and take out the 2 comfortable beach chairs. You forgot a hat? Look under the kitchen sink; there are 2 straw hats.

I had the opportunity to meet Susan when I first stayed here a year ago; she is one of the kindest, nicest people you'll ever meet. She lives in Canada and stays in one of the suites several times a year. Her touch and attention to detail are evident from the moment you walk in.

The hotel staff is extremely cordial, knowledgeable, helpful, and speaks English. Antonio and Carlos who work at the front desk are absolute dolls! They have both become friends of mine. Did I mention 24-hour security and safes in the room? Not that you need it; this place feel so safe; I often leave my room to go up to the roof and leave the door open and unlocked.

I can't wait to come back and certainly don't want to leave.

Room Tip: Suite #s 301 and #401 are only rentable thru Susan Samuel, not thru the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo