See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

My plan was initially to stay 1 week in P.Vallarta but changed as quick as I arrived at El Sunset hostel, and I stayed 4 weeks instead! Marco is a great host, very welcoming and always making sure that ppl are happy and comfortable at the hostel. You can ask him anything, he knows the town very well. Vikingo was my favourite host! So so cute and friendly I love this big puppy! Very secured place.
I totally recommend this place, it's cosy, has a nice kitchen, a lot of places to hang around like 3 or 4 areas with couches and chairs, lots of shade too. It's situated near everything, 5ks to the airport and close to buses, all you need is around the hostel. Also the beach is 10 mins walk.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

I've never stayed in any hostels, nor did I ever wanted to stay in one but El Sunset Hostel changed my whole perspective in hostels. You get a way different vibe and atmosphere from a hotel! Everyone there was so nice and extremely welcoming, especially Vickingo (Marcos dog) his a was super sweet dog and very playful! Marco has plenty of rooms you can stay in with a locks! Clean place. And also very close to the beach. Marcos was also adding more showers and bathrooms. Had a Home feel to it<3 While me and my two other friends where there, I tried starting a new trend where you write your name and where you are coming from on these two poles he had there. So if you stay there make sure you leave your mark behind(: Overall Experience A W E S O M E!!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2017

I can only say, it is an amazing Hostle, safe, well priced, AWESOME location, friendly staff....Now This is a place to sleep and relax, not a four star. You are on your own for most everything. The Owner is great, the puppy a plus, and the rooms have a local beauty all their own.

John USA

Room tip: All of the Shared Rooms are great, the private rooms all are nice as well..
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Love this hostel! Perfect located near the beach and cheap tacos! The best place to stay in Puerto Vallarta! It is close to the busstation, so its easy to Get to the downtown or anywhere you wanna go. Marco, the owner, is so Nice and helpfull. And his dog is so cute!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Lise I
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Marco, the owner, speaks spanish and english and is incredibly helpful. Always had an answer to any questions I needed to ask. The hostel has just finished its first year and Marco is continually making it better, hammocks area, tv area, lockers for the dorms. Central location, a quick bus ride or walk brings you to the Malecon, the other direction for the big night clubs and casinos. Easy walking distance to the grocery store (hostel has a nice kitchen). No Kids Allowed, this is an over 18 hostel, so, in high season expect to find fun people to hang out with and have a beer or two.

Room tip: the room I stayed in only had two single beds and a bathroom, I had a fan and it was hot during the day, nice at night.
Date of stay: May 2016