“Best meal of my life !”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS: *We accept children form 8 years and older. *Dress code: Formal or Elegant. *No Pets. *GARDEN: Tables are assigned in "first-come, first-served" basis (Available from NOV-MAY). Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 30 years of experience, offers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaimed Chef Thierry Blouet. “At Café des Artistes, every dish is an art-masterpiece, and every art masterpiece feeds the spirit” -Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes-
Reviewed May 26, 2015 via mobile

Cafe de artistes came highly recommended by a friend and it blew all expectations completely out of the water. We sat in the garden had a reservation at 6 and closed the place down! The food is art and tastes amazing! The service was unbelievable. Israel was our server and he's the best! The garden atmosphere you feel like you're in a secret garden jungle! This was by far the best meal I had anywhere in puerto Vallarta! The drinks are so good I can't wait to go again and again !!!

Date of visit: May 2015
Write a reviewReviews (5,888)

Reviewed May 25, 2015

My husband and I came in because of wonderful reviews from our friends in the states. It turned out that this gem was everything they said it would be and more! My husband is a restauranteur, so needless to say we appreciate great service and food. First of all, sit outside even if it's warm, it seriously feels like you are dinning in the jungle in a historic home. Definitely spend some time taking in the details. Secondly, THE FOOD!!! We probably spent 10 mins wondering if we ever had a better meal anywhere & nothing could top it. He had the argentine steak and I had the duck duo-both amazing. Worth mentioning the pumpkin soup (on the menu for 24 years), the tuna appetizer & burrata appetizer. Lastly, we had impeccable service especially from Israel & Paco. We will be returning for sure!

1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

Wow! This place is a must. The food is incredible. The salmon was over the top along with the pumpkin risotto. Manuel & Carlos were wonderful servers. Thank you boys! We will be back for sure!

Reviewed May 25, 2015

Just an awesome Mother's Day dinner!! The food was outstanding. The service was perfect and the setting, as always, is amazing!

Reviewed May 25, 2015

Since 2009, on a yearly basis I am eager to visit Vallarta and have dinner at CdA. For the first time, last year, I had a very bad experience as service and food was below average of this place. This year I returned and the greatness of this place returned and it was a great surprise to meet the expectations that every year I have in this city and this restaurant were met once more. The excellent service provided by Israel and Victor combined with the Risotto and Duck paired with a great Malbec created a great experience.
It is good to realized that this restaurant maintains its greatness