“The Best Restaurant I've been to.”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 26 years of experience, offers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaimed Chef Thierry Blouet. “At Café des Artistes, every dish is an art-masterpiece, and every art masterpiece feeds the spirit” -Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes-
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Café des Artistes, is simply, the Best Restaurant I've been to.
The food, excellent. It has the best quality in every aspect. The presentation of the food is perfect, it invites you to eat it right away. The taste of the food is marvelous, delicious, perfect. The flavor in every plate develops while you eat it, and you wish it never stopped.
I want to thank Paco and Marvin, for its kindness, they provided, the best service.
I had an excellent dinner tonight, thank you all.

1  Thank Miguel E
Write a ReviewReviews (4,134)

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was our second experience at Cafe des Artistes and it was just as amazing as it was the first time! Gotta love consistency!!! The food was unbelievable and the service is the best in all of Puerto Vallarta!!! A special thank you to Gil and Luis J. for their attention to detail and smiling faces. We frequent Puerto Vallarta often and Cafe des Artistes will be on the agenda every time! Thank you!

1  Thank SSTarver
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was my wife and my first time at Café de Artistes and we could not have been more pleased. We both started with the prawn and pumpkin soup, this is a must have for a starter. Absolutely delicious! For the main course, my wife had the sea bass filet with potatoes. This was cooked to perfection. I had the giant shrimp and baby squid "adobados". You cannot go wrong with this dish. For desert we had the flowerpot. A great way to end a fabulous meal! We both had passion fruit martini's with the coconut foam. The passion fruit is very tart and with the sweet coconut foam it is an excellent combination for a drink. Thank you Marvin and Jaime, you two made us feel very welcome and are an asset to the restaurant!!

1  Thank B W
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was in search of a place for a nice group dinner in Puerto Vallarta. I started out by simply searching for foie gras (since we don't have it in California...sad day). This restaurant was the first to come up and I'm glad I found it!

Our servers were Israel, Jaime and Luis J. They were all great and accommodated our odd request to have separate checks for certain items. They were very attentive filling our glasses with water or refilling our wine glasses. Moments after a tragic wine spill accident, they came out with a towel to clean it up.

There were a few issues with the meal however. The first was one of the bread baskets. After eating a few pieces of bread we noticed some really small ants crawling around one of the baskets. We lifted the bread basket up and shook it, and out came a few more. The quickly replaced the basket, but the damage was done. The second thing was it wasn't exactly clear that we were going to be charged for water, and there it was on our bill at the end of the bill...surprise!

The meal itself, was excellent. I ordered foie gras (of course) as an appetizer, and the filet mignon w/ bone marrow as my main course. The foie was cooked perfectly, and it was buttery and melted in my mouth. The bone marrow was along the same lines (meat butter) and was great. The filet was good, but not amazing. It was lacking a bit of flavor and wasn't as tender as I hoped. For dessert, we all shared a few plates. The creme brulee really was the way to go. It was so creamy and silky. I had two bites of it and it took a lot of willpower to stop and pass my plate to the next person.

Overall, it was a great experience, despite the few shortcomings mentioned earlier. If I'm ever in Puerto Vallarta again, I'd definitely return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by a family member who spends a lot of time in Puerto Vallarta, as well as our hotel rep. We really only stopped in for a drink, but ended up having a very nice salad (we're vegetarian, so weren't expecting many options). The restaurant is beautiful and the garden outside is very lovely - it was just too hot to sit out there. The service was top-notch, and our servers Giovanni and Luis Joya were great. When I mentioned it was my husband's 40th birthday, they brought out a very nice dessert with a serenade :) I can't really comment much on the food as we didn't really eat, but the drinks and environment were luxurious, and the service was great.

1  Thank Melancolia1979