“An Anniversary Night to Remember !”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,036 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 26 years of experience, offers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaimed Chef Thierry Blouet. “At Café des Artistes, every dish is an art-masterpiece, and every art masterpiece feeds the spirit” -Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes-
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our family recent celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary at the Punta Mita location of Cafe des Artistes! What a wonderful meal! The service from Raul and Christian even with a two year old to deal with was very attentive and professional. The food was beautifully presented and just delicious. We could not have been more pleased. Our son in law had arranged a surprise Anniversary Cake that the restaurant served on a surf board! So fun! We will definitely plan a return visit. When vacationing in Punt de Mita be sure to make a reservation. You will be impressed !

There are newer reviews for Cafe des Artistes

Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was a memorable evening, the service and attention from Rafa and j. carlos is excellent and exquisite dishes in my next visit to puerto vallarta course back, 100% recommended

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Based on a friend's recommendation and outstanding reviews, my wife and I chose Cafe des Artistes for our anniversary. Everyone there made the evening a night to remember. When we told the hostess we were celebrating our anniversary, she made sure our table was adorned with rose pedals on the fresh white tablecloth. The bartender, Ruth, served us a delicious complimentary drink while we waited. Our waiters, Jaime and Marvin, were outstanding. They were friendly, informative, and attentive without being in on us during the meal. The food was absolutely delicious. Every course was a delight. The pumpkin soup, served at the table from a fresh pumpkin, made you understand why it has been a house specialty for over 20 years. The violin and piano music added to the total atmosphere. The desert was presented on a glass tray with anniversary wishes written in chocolate. Julie and I like to eat out. We have been to fine restaurants all over the US, in Europe, and a few in Mexico; I can't think of a place I would recommend more for food, atmosphere, and service.

1  Thank Jack N
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is a two time visit on our annual MaY/JUNE trip to Puerto Vallarta. On our first visit this year the young good looking hostess tried to seat us at a small table in corner. Noticed minutes later a Older Couple like our selves got that table. There was a large statue behind me at our table, I stepped out of the way to let my wife pass and cut my forearm on the statue. I bleed rather fast, the hostess instead of offering me assistance with my cut confronted me with insults about my behavior at dinner, unacceptable. She does a little age profiling! On our second visit I was not going to go, time share desk person said yes, and called it in. Upon arrival the same hostess waited on a woman and child. The hostess gave the lady the second degree, do you have reservations etc. Hostess finally seated her and the child. None of this was necessary because the place was empty! Treated better on June 4 but still witnessed issues with hostess. Except for Pumpkin Soup the hostess ruined my visits this excellent food!!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The bartender "Ruth" is very personable. Easy to talk to. Made great recommendations of wine to accompany the dinner.. Made me comfortable eating in the lounge instead of more formal dining options. Great time