“artistry and culinary delight”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 20 years of experience, oers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaim Chef Thierry Blouet.“At Café des Artistes, every dish is an artmasterpiece; and every art masterpiece feedsthe spirit…”Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes
“artistry and culinary delight”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

this absolutely stunning cafe is surrounded by art galleries and perfectly located 3 blocks from the Malecon. the atmosphere is rich and artistic. Menu is well balanced and offers wide range of french dishes that are very much inspired by local cosine and flavors.
My only complaint is the wine list that is very pricey and does not offer easy to pair wines.

West Hollywood, California
“One of the best meals I have EVER had!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am a HUGE foodie, and have been fortunate to travel all over the world. This has allowed me to dine at some of the best restaurants. I come to Puerto Vallarta at least twice a year, but for some reason have not been to this restaurant. My friend and I decided to try it last night (Christmas) and it was HANDS DOWN one of the best meals I have ever had - EVER! We did the 5 course tasting menu with the wine pairing, and it was just perfect! Not only was the food impeccable, but the service was just as good! This is a definite MUST, as is the Angus Filet Mignon Crusted With Gorgonzola Cheese!!!

2 Thank StoryOfWhatHappened
Breukelen, Nederland
“Amazing night in the garden”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday we had diner in the beautifull garden. It felt like a magical place and the food was amazing. We started off with champagne and a complementary amuze and then had the 5 course diner and the matching wines. It was a perfect evening, also because of our waiters Paco and Luis. Thanks so much, we will definately come again!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Absolute Best”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was absolutely the best meal my wife and I have had anywhere we have traveled. The ambience , service, quality of food were all exceptional. Every detail is covered. If you travel to PV and miss this - GO BACK!!
Ask for Service team of Paco and Luis Joya
Best seating is in Garden

San Jose, California
“Surprised and Delighted...”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I are big-time foodies and spend a lot of our free time eating in great restaurants and exercising. In the past, we've not had good fine dining experiences in PV, so we normally stick to street food and mom and pop places on the South Side - until now. It was my wife's birthday and we decided to take a last minute trip to PV to celebrate. I'd heard good word of mouth feedback on Cafe des Artistes from other travelers from San Francisco and decided to give it a try. We both ordered the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was fantastic and the portion size was perfect. My tomato salad with mozzarella foam was superb (I can still taste the perfectly ripe tomatoes) and my filet was perfectly cooked and had a great crisp of blue cheese on top. The best surprise was when they brought out desert on a glass platter with a fireworks candle. My wife was completely surprised and we loved the presentation. Our waiters, Paco and Alejandro, really made it a special night for us.