“Always a special evening”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 20 years of experience, oers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaim Chef Thierry Blouet.“At Café des Artistes, every dish is an artmasterpiece; and every art masterpiece feedsthe spirit…”Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes
Alexandria, Virginia
“Always a special evening”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We return to Puerto Vallarta almost every year, and a trip wouldn't be complete without a visit to Cafe des Artistes. First of all, the food is amazing. I can't say it is the best in Mexico, it is one of the best in the world! The setting is spectacular, we ate upstairs this year for a special treat with the chef's menu. The waitstaff was attentive, but not obtrusive. They made excellent reasonable wine choices. A special evening in a very romantic setting. No detail is overlooked from the music to the spotless restrooms, with a view! No wonder we return year after year. I can't even choose a favorite course - the truffled risotto, the salmon, the lobster soup? Each was amazing. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

2 Thank markostull
Cafe_des_Artistes, Owner at Cafe des Artistes, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Mark,

I hope this mail find you doing well.

As for your comment, thank you for taking a time of sharing it in this community. I’m very happy of knowing: you spent a wonderful evening; but overall thank you so much for being a regular diner of us, it’s very heartwarming being a must-visit in Puerto Vallarta for you; I really appreciate it.

Please, next time let me know, I would like to meet you.

Looking forward to have you with us in the near future.

Ithaca, New York
“great experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were taken to a rooftop garden setting that was just beautiful. The waitstaff could not do enough to please us and the food was excellent, although the portions were not large. The cheapest bottle of wine was $50 so be prepared to spend that. Would definitely return,

1 Thank easytopleez
Dear customer,

I hope my response find you doing well, enjoying the culinary pleasures of life.

Thank you so much for taking a time of sharing a comment in this community, I really appreciate it.

Please, let me know when you return, this way we can prepare something special for you.

I look forward to have you with us in the near future.

Huntingdon Valley, PA
“Special restaurant in lovely area”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The outside of this wonderfully jazzy-painted restaurant suggests a place with lots of noise and activity. Quite the contrary. This is one special place, suitable for a romantic, quiet meal amidst beautiful surroundings (try to sit in the garden room - it is unusual and quite amazing). The service was attentive, without being intrusive. We shared the octopus carpaccio as an appetizer which was good but a little oily for my taste, although beautifully presented. My husband had the flaming shrimp which was outstanding - prepared table-side...flames and all. I had the mahi-mahi which was good, not great...somewhat overcooked. But the presentation was lovely and the accompaniments were excellent. We ended with the banana strudel which was DELICIOUS, again beautifully presented as well. I would definitely return here. Also, come early or browse after at the beautiful art galleries located right near the restaurant. We felt this was an added bonus of our wonderful time that evening.

3 Thank Karen S
Cafe_des_Artistes, Owner at Cafe des Artistes, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello Karen,

I hope my response find you doing well, enjoying art and culinary pleasures of life.

As for your comment, I’m very happy because you guys spent a wonderful time with us. I would like to thank you for taking a time of sharing it at this community; by the way, I already checked what happened with the Mahi-Mahi, I’m sorry for the inconveniences, everything is solved.

I’m glad you guys are planning to return, please let me know when you have planned, I would like to prepare something specially for your party.

I look forward to hear from you.

New York City
“lovely atomoshere and delicious dinning”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The restaurant has indoor and outdoor dinning and the outdoor area is where we were seated. It is a tranquil spot and the seating is seprated by a series of stairs and garden walls. the food is french but with a mexican touch, and the two work well together on the menu items. it is upscale from most places, and list attire as casually elegant. the locals certainly dress upscale for the place and the dinning occasion. there was often a small group of musicians providing pleasant background music. service was attentive and very very friendly. look forward to returning to this yummy location!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank fritzNewYorkCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Best of the best.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The best restaurant in Puerto Vallarta! Excellent food and service, and the friendliest atmosphere... Will certainly recommend it :))

2 Thank Cristina H
Hello Cristina,
I hope my response find you doing well.

Thank you so much for taking a time of sharing a comment of us in this community. Thank you so much for the sense of it, thank you so much for the way you describe us, thank you so much for recommend us as the best in Puerto Vallarta, thank you for place us as a must-visit in town…

Let me tell you, I feel really happy because every time I read your words I discover that you spent a wonderful evening… I already shared your comment with my team of cooks and waiters, it drew an smile on their faces, it was very heartwarming because it means everyone are doing a good job.
I hope to have you with us in the near future.

I look forward to hear from you.