“Amazing Cuisine”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 20 years of experience, oers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaim Chef Thierry Blouet.“At Café des Artistes, every dish is an artmasterpiece; and every art masterpiece feedsthe spirit…”Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Cuisine”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

One of my favorites in Puerto Vallarta. The food is exceptional and the presentation is unparalleled. We enjoyed the seven course special menu and each course was more delightful than the previous. I have eaten in amazing restaurants all over the world and this restaurant ranks among the top. They have a gorgeous outdoor area but it is only opened seasonally (November through ? April I think) otherwise it is too humid / rainy.

Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

For our 21 st wedding anniversary we decided not only to return to PV but to go to our favorite restaurant. We have celebrated our 15,17,19 and 21st wedding anniversaries at Cafe des Artistes. We live in NYC however Cafe des Artistes is one of the most wonderful restaurants we have been to. We choose the tasting menu and it was excellent.

The final course (dessert) we will never forget. The sugar sculpture...amazing. We look forward to returning for another anniversary!!
Thanks for great memories...

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

When in PV we treat ourselves to one fancy night out. This year we went to CdA. The food, service and ambience were exceptional. The evening was memorable. I highly recommend this restaurant. Next time we visit we will try to go "in season" so we can experience the amazing gardens.

• Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a foodie's dream in Vallarta!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Everything was great. The fresh bread basket, homemade butters, great wine selection.
Salad and apps were fabulous, as were our entrees.
My husband got the al pastor fish of the day....YUM!
The chef is so creative and we were happy to have gotten in!
Since we were on our honeymoon they made an extra special sugar decorated dessert. Great service and fabulous food!

Visited October 2012
Mexico City
“Excellent dining at the heart of Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner with friends yesterday (actually to celebrate my birthday). Cafe des artistes is a great place in most aspects including ambiance, dishes and service. We took the tasting menu (5 dishes, small portions) which I aleays think is the best way to meet a new place, it was delicious. Environment at CdA is vigorous and full of energy. There was a violin's player around with a great selection of music + the fact the place have an outstanding sound system. Service was good and responsive, Birthday celebration (a nice selection of desserts from the chef) was really enthusiastic and fun. I found wine menu not that clear nor well sourced and definitively overpriced, I think that a good sommelier can definitively help to improve overall experience. Bottom line: great place, good food, energetic environment and good service. Kind of expensive. Ideal for birthday celebrations!

Cafe_des_Artistes, Owner at Cafe des Artistes, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for being so specific with your comment, detailing every point: food, wine, place, service and ambience. I really appreciate you share it with me and tripadvisor community.

I shared the comment with my team and congratulated to waiters, cooks and musicians; and I took note your recommendation about our wine list. I just scheduled a meeting next Friday with my executive team to revise and modify the necessary to improve our wine list.

Finally, thank you for recommend us as an ideal restaurant to celebrate an special occasion. We will work to maintain this and work harder to get that clients visit Café des Artistes regularly; more than only for celebrations.

Thank you very much for your comments, they help us to detect our mistakes and improve.

Thierry Blouet