“A top notch Italian restaurant”
Review of La Dolce Pizzeria

La Dolce Pizzeria
Ranked #204 of 1,212 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 3, 2018

The name is misleading as you might think pizza is the only thing on the menu and that would be a mistake. The menu is varied and extensive and outstanding! We ordered the lasagna and pasta carbonara and we were blown away! The lasagna was truly the best we've ever had. Period! The pasta was excellent and we gorged as we just didn't want to stop the ecstasy. Service was great, prices were good, atmosphere was great. The manager thanked us on the way out. We can't wait to go back. Don't miss this place.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My wife and I ate here while in Vallarta and had a very good brick oven pizza. The staff was very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Wanted something a little different from the usual, so walked across the street to La Dolce Pizzeria. Was a great decision...started off with Panino Rustico (Tuscan bread, ham & mozzarella) with a green salad. For dinner we split a Hawai Pizza (tomato sauce, ham, mozzarella and pineapple). Highly recommended this establishment and will definitely return.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I gave a one rating because the food was good but the service was really bad. To clarify the servers in particular were quite unfriendly. They never apologized for mistakes made with our dinner and became rude when we brought the to their attention. We’ve been coming to PV for over 18 years and have been to many, many restaurants. I’d give almost all of them a 5 for service. We’ve had great luck here over the years so this was pretty disappointing. Good food just isn’t enough anymore...people want fun, FRIENDLY servers too. Will not go back.

1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed February 24, 2018

The pizza must be the selling point - I had high hopes for this place after reading other reviews. Went on a Wednesday around 5 - 5:30 pm. Not crowded - so I was really puzzled why I could not get a waiter to bring water despite asking three times, finally got a glass of lukewarm water. Hoping for some decent focaccia or other Italian bread, I was disappointed by the stale (maybe lightly toasted) bread with stone cold butter. I really need a sauce spoon with fettucini alfredo (I know some people frown on using a spoon to twirl pasta, but I don't want it dropping in my lap). I ended up with three different waiters, which was really confusing. All in all, it was just an irritating experience. I'm glad others have had a better experience.

Date of visit: February 2018