“Puerto Vallarta Unplugged”
Review of Bike Mexico

Bike Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided Motorcycle Tours in the Puerto Vallarta area and Motorcycle Rentals. Explore hidden beaches, colonial towns and high mountains with us. See the real Mexico in a different way. Ride our DUAL SPORT BIKES and turn your vacation into a real Adventure off the beaten track.
Reviewed October 2, 2015

A day exploring the beauty surrounding PV is by far the best adventure we have had in 3 trips to the area. The sites where amazing. We traveled the picturesque coastline south before heading up into the mountains. Along the way we visited small old Mexican villages, took a short walk in the jungle (on a trail), and visited two of the most beautiful long untouched beaches I have ever seen. Toward the end of the day we stopped at a quaint fishing village that looks as if nothing has changed there in 50 years.

Jurgen took great care of us from the time we arrived in the morning until we returned in late afternoon. Fluent in English and Spanish, he handled communication at every stop. He is an easy going guy, but seems to have all the details taken care of very well. The motorcycles are near new and worked flawlessly on both paved and back country dirt roads.

It was a very memorable day. Not your typical tourist excursion.

Date of experience: September 2015
"great riding"
"winding mountain roads"
"loose gravel"
in 2 reviews
"welcomed into their home"
"fantastic condition"
"awesome ride"
"back roads"
"typical tourist"
"skill level"
"great operation"
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed August 25, 2015

We did the mountains & lonely beaches tour, and there is definitely no better activity around town (I CANNOT stress this enough). The tour is a full day tour - around 200 kms total of motorcycle riding through what I personally thought was a challenging road, in the best way. Also, Jurgen himself is a bike lover and as such explores very remote places around Jalisco in his spare time, so take it very seriously when I say that you will never find them on your own or through any other tour. He makes absolutely sure that you're comfortable and matches his pace to yours - you can forget about the rules of the road and just follow him and focus on the riding experience, in addition to the sightseeing (which is literally out of this world).

If you want to see the real Mexico and indulge your sense of untouched beauty and pure adventure, you have to do this tour. Believe me when I say I would've paid double what it actually cost to do it (and I'm a college student, so I don't exactly have a load of cash sitting around to spend).

The bikes are nice and powerful, and mine didn't have a scratch on it.

One more bonus - Jurgen is extremely helpful in general and recommended to us good snorkeling spots (which you won't know about by looking online), in addition to showing us on the map where other great spots are, for those who want to rent motorcycles themselves.

SUMMARY - You're very seriously missing out if you decide to not do this in PV.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I went on both day tours with Jurgen during my stay in Puerto Vallarta. The first day we did the jungles, mountains, colonial villages tour. I have been to PV several times but had never had a vehicle to get around. This was an amazing way to see parts of Jalisco outside of the city which I never would have seen - not even on a tour. We went into villages and to isolated areas that have not yet been discovered by tour buses. On the second day, we went on another theme and different direction to incorporate lonely beaches - also as yet unscathed by tours. Both tours were one-of-a-kind and fantastic. Jurgen is a wonderful, knowledgeable guide and very hospitable. He knows his way around and was always concerned that I was seeing what I had hoped to and that I was comfortable. We took breaks when we needed to and otherwise rode as much as we wanted. Not only was Jurgen a terrific guide but his stories he told of travel that he and his wife, Eli have been on have stirred a thirst to continue traveling. I highly recommend these tours to anyone who rides and wants to see an intimate and compelling look at life outside of the city. And, on a technical note, I am a female rider 5'-4" and Jurgen was able to adjust the 250cc Honda so that I was completely comfortable with the seat height.

1  Thank Terri G
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I took a tour while there on our honeymoon and it was the best adventure we did. Immediately apon arrival Jürgen and his wife Eli were very nice and accommodating. The bikes were very new and in great condition. He took us to some very neat and beautiful places away from the hustle of the city. This is a must do if you want to see the beautiful country and avoid the tourist traps.