“Best way to see the area”
Review of Bike Mexico

Bike Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided Motorcycle Tours in the Puerto Vallarta area and Motorcycle Rentals. Explore hidden beaches, colonial towns and high mountains with us. See the real Mexico in a different way. Ride our DUAL SPORT BIKES and turn your vacation into a real Adventure off the beaten track.
Reviewed April 26, 2015

I travel often, and love to ride motorcycles.
I always tell myself that I am going to rent a bike or take a guided ride when on the road, but until calling up Bike Mexico last week I never actually followed through.

What a great experience! We saw so much in a day, and man are the mountains inland from PV astonishing. I can't think of any other circumstance that would have brought me inland to see the scenery in all of its grandeur. So much open space. Such ecological and topographical diversity. Such a rapid shift in population density. Blown away.

I often avoid tour style activities because I want the freedom to just experience where I am without someone else's filter. Jurgen was the best guide I could have asked for. He was friendly, funny, and intuitive about how much he narrated the experience. He knew what information was critical to share, and most of our conversation was just that, conversation. I learned about his crazy wealth of travel experiences and shared about mine as well.

In short, I had a blast and would highly recommend Bike Mexico to anyone that loves to ride and will be in PV. Really, just go. You won't regret it.

All reviews
"great riding"
"winding mountain roads"
"loose gravel"
in 2 reviews
"welcomed into their home"
"fantastic condition"
"awesome ride"
"back roads"
"typical tourist"
"skill level"
"great operation"
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed April 23, 2015

Bike Mexico is a newer activity and company to PV but our experience was like they had been in business for several years. Jurgen was a great guide from the moment we started to our return at the end of the day. The equipment and motorcycles were in excellent condition. My wife and I shared the same bike (BMW) and felt great all day. This was by far the best day we had on out trip.

Reviewed April 8, 2015

As luck would have it, I had the great fortune of doing a solo ride with Jurgen on a flawlessly sunny day. I was hoping for a challenging ride and Jurgen delivered with spot-on riding pace and outstanding terrain. The benefit of a guide who knows the hidden gems that only a local would know can’t be overstated. We were able to go to rural towns and very remote areas. The fresh Honda 250 was the perfect rig for mixed riding.

Safely back at Bike Mexico, the exceptional ride was followed up with a cold beer while reviewing maps of the day’s adventure and the memories will last a lifetime. While I enjoyed an astonishing amount of varied riding in one day, I would highly recommend doing a multi-day ride based on the massive quantity and quality of riding available in the region.

Reviewed March 31, 2015

In 10 days we jam packed every activity you could possibly do in Vallarta and this unexpectedly planned bike tour was definitely the best. Juergen and his wife Eli kindly welcome you into their home and professionally take care of the paper work. They maintain all the proper gear in different sizes to keep you safe. We rented the Honda XR 250 Tornado. My husband did the driving and I did the holding on for my life. All of their bikes are practically new and in fantastic condition. Juergen shows excitement about what he does and makes you feel as though he genuinely wants you to have the best time ever. He has travelled the world and has a lot of insight to offer with his great company and easy to talk to personality. You really get to spend some time in secluded areas where a tour bus will not take you. We went through every type of road you can imagine and the bikes did just great. Juergen offers a couple of tours and day trips. If you are not interested in a tour you can rent. He is incredibly accommodating on his tours. If you see something you like and want to stop to take a picture he encourages you to do so. The roads were thrilling and the views were breathtaking. My husband was so excited that he couldn’t wait to call all of his friends to tell them about it before getting back to the States. He is already talking about doing a long bike trip with Juergen. Highly Recommended! Do it!

Date of experience: March 2015