“A "must do" activity in PV”
Review of Bike Mexico

Bike Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided Motorcycle Tours in the Puerto Vallarta area and Motorcycle Rentals. Explore hidden beaches, colonial towns and high mountains with us. See the real Mexico in a different way. Ride our DUAL SPORT BIKES and turn your vacation into a real Adventure off the beaten track.
Reviewed April 23, 2015

Bike Mexico is a newer activity and company to PV but our experience was like they had been in business for several years. Jurgen was a great guide from the moment we started to our return at the end of the day. The equipment and motorcycles were in excellent condition. My wife and I shared the same bike (BMW) and felt great all day. This was by far the best day we had on out trip.

Date of experience: April 2015
"great riding"
"winding mountain roads"
"loose gravel"
in 2 reviews
"welcomed into their home"
"fantastic condition"
"awesome ride"
"back roads"
"typical tourist"
"skill level"
"great operation"
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed April 8, 2015

As luck would have it, I had the great fortune of doing a solo ride with Jurgen on a flawlessly sunny day. I was hoping for a challenging ride and Jurgen delivered with spot-on riding pace and outstanding terrain. The benefit of a guide who knows the hidden gems that only a local would know can’t be overstated. We were able to go to rural towns and very remote areas. The fresh Honda 250 was the perfect rig for mixed riding.

Safely back at Bike Mexico, the exceptional ride was followed up with a cold beer while reviewing maps of the day’s adventure and the memories will last a lifetime. While I enjoyed an astonishing amount of varied riding in one day, I would highly recommend doing a multi-day ride based on the massive quantity and quality of riding available in the region.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed March 31, 2015

In 10 days we jam packed every activity you could possibly do in Vallarta and this unexpectedly planned bike tour was definitely the best. Juergen and his wife Eli kindly welcome you into their home and professionally take care of the paper work. They maintain all the proper gear in different sizes to keep you safe. We rented the Honda XR 250 Tornado. My husband did the driving and I did the holding on for my life. All of their bikes are practically new and in fantastic condition. Juergen shows excitement about what he does and makes you feel as though he genuinely wants you to have the best time ever. He has travelled the world and has a lot of insight to offer with his great company and easy to talk to personality. You really get to spend some time in secluded areas where a tour bus will not take you. We went through every type of road you can imagine and the bikes did just great. Juergen offers a couple of tours and day trips. If you are not interested in a tour you can rent. He is incredibly accommodating on his tours. If you see something you like and want to stop to take a picture he encourages you to do so. The roads were thrilling and the views were breathtaking. My husband was so excited that he couldn’t wait to call all of his friends to tell them about it before getting back to the States. He is already talking about doing a long bike trip with Juergen. Highly Recommended! Do it!

Reviewed March 29, 2015

Man I had fun. I did 2 different rides. One was south of Pv and the other was east. Both were very good, in different ways. The bikes and guide were very good. The scenery was outstanding and some of the historical land marks were beyond belief. The ride was very good value and I would recommend the "Dirt Road Sea to Sky" rides to everyone.

3  Thank punksterly
See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2015

In Mexico, it is a challenge to find a motorcyle tour with quality all-pupose bikes designed for roads that vary from paved to cobblestone to dirt. And to top it off, at every town and village, or even road side stand in some cases, there are aggressive speed bumps (Topo's) guaranteed to slow you down assuming you see the sign before hand. Bike Mexico has well maintained motorcycles for every road condition, bikes designed to provide every rider with the confidence needed for on, as well as off-road experiences.

Our Mountain Tour consisted of a full day of riding, interspaced with timely breaks, good food and wonderful sights. It was a full and enjoyable day - a truly exhilarating experience. It required all my concentration, and my wife's nerve, as we followed our guide up into the mountains and valleys beyond.

Juergen Dano, our guide and owner of Bike Mexico, is fully fluent in Spanish and has been travelling all over the world by bike and land rover for over a decade. He took us to towns and villages where the tourists do not go and to heights of over 1800 metres. We checked out a small coffee plantation (can't wait to try my bag of lovely dark organic coffee - the chocolate covered beans we ate of course), lots of old and interesting churches / architecture and everywhere we stopped was remote and beautiful. We were lucky with the weather too as it changes quickly in the mountains (not to worry as we were provided with some rain gear just in case).

It was a great experience and I loved the way the BMW650 handled. No worries with two up and really fun to ride on roads that appeal to any bike enthusiast. For singles, the Honda 250's provide plenty of power for any road we traveled on the tour.

It was a lot of ride and if we had the time we may have opted for the 3 day trip as there is so much to see and experience. All in all it was definitely worth it and I would truly recommend Juergen and Bike Mexico to anyone who loves to ride and wants to get off the beaten track to see parts of Mexico where tour busses fear to thread.

Brian and Diana - Vancouver B.C.

2  Thank Simplisupr