“Sea to sky dirt bike rides”
Review of Bike Mexico

Bike Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided Motorcycle Tours in the Puerto Vallarta area and Motorcycle Rentals. Explore hidden beaches, colonial towns and high mountains with us. See the real Mexico in a different way. Ride our DUAL SPORT BIKES and turn your vacation into a real Adventure off the beaten track.
Reviewed March 29, 2015

Man I had fun. I did 2 different rides. One was south of Pv and the other was east. Both were very good, in different ways. The bikes and guide were very good. The scenery was outstanding and some of the historical land marks were beyond belief. The ride was very good value and I would recommend the "Dirt Road Sea to Sky" rides to everyone.

3  Thank punksterly
"great riding"
"winding mountain roads"
"loose gravel"
in 2 reviews
"welcomed into their home"
"fantastic condition"
"awesome ride"
"back roads"
"typical tourist"
"skill level"
"great operation"
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed March 24, 2015

In Mexico, it is a challenge to find a motorcyle tour with quality all-pupose bikes designed for roads that vary from paved to cobblestone to dirt. And to top it off, at every town and village, or even road side stand in some cases, there are aggressive speed bumps (Topo's) guaranteed to slow you down assuming you see the sign before hand. Bike Mexico has well maintained motorcycles for every road condition, bikes designed to provide every rider with the confidence needed for on, as well as off-road experiences.

Our Mountain Tour consisted of a full day of riding, interspaced with timely breaks, good food and wonderful sights. It was a full and enjoyable day - a truly exhilarating experience. It required all my concentration, and my wife's nerve, as we followed our guide up into the mountains and valleys beyond.

Juergen Dano, our guide and owner of Bike Mexico, is fully fluent in Spanish and has been travelling all over the world by bike and land rover for over a decade. He took us to towns and villages where the tourists do not go and to heights of over 1800 metres. We checked out a small coffee plantation (can't wait to try my bag of lovely dark organic coffee - the chocolate covered beans we ate of course), lots of old and interesting churches / architecture and everywhere we stopped was remote and beautiful. We were lucky with the weather too as it changes quickly in the mountains (not to worry as we were provided with some rain gear just in case).

It was a great experience and I loved the way the BMW650 handled. No worries with two up and really fun to ride on roads that appeal to any bike enthusiast. For singles, the Honda 250's provide plenty of power for any road we traveled on the tour.

It was a lot of ride and if we had the time we may have opted for the 3 day trip as there is so much to see and experience. All in all it was definitely worth it and I would truly recommend Juergen and Bike Mexico to anyone who loves to ride and wants to get off the beaten track to see parts of Mexico where tour busses fear to thread.

Brian and Diana - Vancouver B.C.

2  Thank Simplisupr
Reviewed March 18, 2015

If you love motorcycles this tour is a great way to spend the day, the scenery and the twistie roads up over the mountain passes are awesome. Juergen and Eli are great to work with and make the rental very easy. I am a life long motorcyclist and I found that Juergen set the pace of the tour to be just right for me fun riding but still time to stop and look around. I rented the BMW 650 which was great to ride and would be good two up but, the Honda 250 would be perfect for the ride as well. Don't go home wishing you would of went just go, you will be glad you did!!

Kevin
Coeur d'Alene ID

1  Thank Kleinkcc
Reviewed March 13, 2015

Excellent service and like new rental motor bikes. Very good tires for on road and off road driving on the Honda 250 Tornado. Good knowledge of the Puerto Vallarta area and good information about back roads and possible day trips.

Date of experience: February 2015