Review Highlights
A motorcycle tour that will not leave you disappointed

Awesome ride to some of the most beautiful beaches and off the map villages we have been to in... read more

Reviewed yesterday
maryhD1936UH
Centennial
Offroad 1 day tour

I did the offroad tour of the jungle and mountains with Remco and had an excellent experience! I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $45.13
from $139.00
from $119.00
More Info
All reviews day tour off road dual sport riding experience safety gear winding mountain roads honda xr an excellent tour guide coffee farm great communication great scenery san sebastian great adventure visit pv always felt safe an amazing experience mexican culture
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2015

In Mexico, it is a challenge to find a motorcyle tour with quality all-pupose bikes designed for roads that vary from paved to cobblestone to dirt. And to top it off, at every town and village, or even road side stand in some cases, there are aggressive speed bumps (Topo's) guaranteed to slow you down assuming you see the sign before hand. Bike Mexico has well maintained motorcycles for every road condition, bikes designed to provide every rider with the confidence needed for on, as well as off-road experiences.

Our Mountain Tour consisted of a full day of riding, interspaced with timely breaks, good food and wonderful sights. It was a full and enjoyable day - a truly exhilarating experience. It required all my concentration, and my wife's nerve, as we followed our guide up into the mountains and valleys beyond.

Juergen Dano, our guide and owner of Bike Mexico, is fully fluent in Spanish and has been travelling all over the world by bike and land rover for over a decade. He took us to towns and villages where the tourists do not go and to heights of over 1800 metres. We checked out a small coffee plantation (can't wait to try my bag of lovely dark organic coffee - the chocolate covered beans we ate of course), lots of old and interesting churches / architecture and everywhere we stopped was remote and beautiful. We were lucky with the weather too as it changes quickly in the mountains (not to worry as we were provided with some rain gear just in case).

It was a great experience and I loved the way the BMW650 handled. No worries with two up and really fun to ride on roads that appeal to any bike enthusiast. For singles, the Honda 250's provide plenty of power for any road we traveled on the tour.

It was a lot of ride and if we had the time we may have opted for the 3 day trip as there is so much to see and experience. All in all it was definitely worth it and I would truly recommend Juergen and Bike Mexico to anyone who loves to ride and wants to get off the beaten track to see parts of Mexico where tour busses fear to thread.

Brian and Diana - Vancouver B.C.

2  Thank Simplisupr
Reviewed March 18, 2015

If you love motorcycles this tour is a great way to spend the day, the scenery and the twistie roads up over the mountain passes are awesome. Juergen and Eli are great to work with and make the rental very easy. I am a life long motorcyclist and I found that Juergen set the pace of the tour to be just right for me fun riding but still time to stop and look around. I rented the BMW 650 which was great to ride and would be good two up but, the Honda 250 would be perfect for the ride as well. Don't go home wishing you would of went just go, you will be glad you did!!

Kevin
Coeur d'Alene ID

1  Thank Kleinkcc
Reviewed March 13, 2015

Excellent service and like new rental motor bikes. Very good tires for on road and off road driving on the Honda 250 Tornado. Good knowledge of the Puerto Vallarta area and good information about back roads and possible day trips.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Wolf S
Reviewed March 11, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I hired one of the honda 250 dual sport bikes for one day to ride into sayulita. It was a great day. They had a 2015 model bike out front waiting when I arrived. Clean, fuelled up and ready to go. They made it very easy. Prices included clean modern safety gear and insurance which was nice. Pretty easy riding around PV considering it is a city but once you get away the roads are quiet and really good. Can't recommend these guys highly enough. Probably the best day of our trip. Thanks

Reviewed March 7, 2015

My wife and I are Harley riders and we like to rent a couple of bikes whenever we go on vacation. This year we went to Puerto Vallarta and before we left I researched where we could rent Harley’s. During my internet research I came across the Bike-Mexico.com website and saw the great photos of the places they go on their tours. After reading through the web site and emailing them a few times with questions that were promptly and courteously answered, we booked the rental of 2 bikes and the Jungle, Mountains, and Lonely Beaches tour. I have ridden enduro and dirt bikes before, but my wife never has. She wanted to learn though, so we decided to take this direction for our Mexican riding adventure.

We arrived at their location in a newer housing subdivision on our scheduled day and the owners Jurgen and Eli welcomed us and the paperwork and payments were taken care of quickly and efficiently. They have clean customer restroom facilities to use as well. Their rentals include insurance which is appreciated. Everything went without a hitch all day for us. The bikes are new 2015 Honda XR 250 Dual Sports and were well maintained and in great shape. They even have several bikes that are lowered a bit for shorter riders and those that are not used to the taller stance of that type of motorcycle. My wife got a chance to practice a bit up and down the quiet street before we left. Jurgen did a great job leading us on an excellent tour to a couple of mountain villages with paved and cobblestone roads. We also rode dirt roads to a wonderful secluded beachside resort for lunch with great food and even better atmosphere. By the time we were halfway through the tour, my wife was having a great time riding on the dirt roads and enjoying the fantastic scenery. Jurgen did an excellent job making sure we got to see everything but kept a relaxed pace so we could make stops and take a lot of photos. He is also a photographer like my wife, so it was cool to have him recommend spots to take pictures and he even rode ahead and took some pictures of us on the bikes against some beautiful scenery. The riding was great with a surprising amount of twisties and sweeps like the mountain roads in North Carolina and Kentucky. On the dirt roads outside of the towns we only saw 4 or five cars all day.

I thought the riding would be the primary thing that would hold my interest, but I was wrong. The stops were great. We stopped in El Tuito which is a cool little town out in the country where we were able to buy some local cheese and a bottle of Racilla liquor from the family that makes it. The stop for lunch at the beach resort was awesome with its long expanse of empty beach and the crystal blue sky and water. We also stopped at the fishing village Tehuamixtle where they harvest oysters and where the Coca Cola Company shipped their cocaine from during the turn of the century before the U.S. government outlawed it as an ingredient. On the way back into town, Jurgen gave us a lesson in city riding in Mexico and we had a lot of fun coming back.

Overall, I would recommend Bike-Mexico to anyone that wants to rent a motorcycle or take a motorcycle tour off the beaten path to some real hidden gem locations. Jurgen is a great tour guide, and the motorcycles were in top notch shape. The only bad thing we experienced was that it was getting late and we had to end the tour!

Date of experience: February 2015