“Great Way to Ride Around Puerto Vallarta”
Review of Bike Mexico

Bike Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided Motorcycle Tours in the Puerto Vallarta area and Motorcycle Rentals. Explore hidden beaches, colonial towns and high mountains with us. See the real Mexico in a different way. Ride our DUAL SPORT BIKES and turn your vacation into a real Adventure off the beaten track.
Reviewed March 7, 2015

My wife and I are Harley riders and we like to rent a couple of bikes whenever we go on vacation. This year we went to Puerto Vallarta and before we left I researched where we could rent Harley’s. During my internet research I came across the Bike-Mexico.com website and saw the great photos of the places they go on their tours. After reading through the web site and emailing them a few times with questions that were promptly and courteously answered, we booked the rental of 2 bikes and the Jungle, Mountains, and Lonely Beaches tour. I have ridden enduro and dirt bikes before, but my wife never has. She wanted to learn though, so we decided to take this direction for our Mexican riding adventure.

We arrived at their location in a newer housing subdivision on our scheduled day and the owners Jurgen and Eli welcomed us and the paperwork and payments were taken care of quickly and efficiently. They have clean customer restroom facilities to use as well. Their rentals include insurance which is appreciated. Everything went without a hitch all day for us. The bikes are new 2015 Honda XR 250 Dual Sports and were well maintained and in great shape. They even have several bikes that are lowered a bit for shorter riders and those that are not used to the taller stance of that type of motorcycle. My wife got a chance to practice a bit up and down the quiet street before we left. Jurgen did a great job leading us on an excellent tour to a couple of mountain villages with paved and cobblestone roads. We also rode dirt roads to a wonderful secluded beachside resort for lunch with great food and even better atmosphere. By the time we were halfway through the tour, my wife was having a great time riding on the dirt roads and enjoying the fantastic scenery. Jurgen did an excellent job making sure we got to see everything but kept a relaxed pace so we could make stops and take a lot of photos. He is also a photographer like my wife, so it was cool to have him recommend spots to take pictures and he even rode ahead and took some pictures of us on the bikes against some beautiful scenery. The riding was great with a surprising amount of twisties and sweeps like the mountain roads in North Carolina and Kentucky. On the dirt roads outside of the towns we only saw 4 or five cars all day.

I thought the riding would be the primary thing that would hold my interest, but I was wrong. The stops were great. We stopped in El Tuito which is a cool little town out in the country where we were able to buy some local cheese and a bottle of Racilla liquor from the family that makes it. The stop for lunch at the beach resort was awesome with its long expanse of empty beach and the crystal blue sky and water. We also stopped at the fishing village Tehuamixtle where they harvest oysters and where the Coca Cola Company shipped their cocaine from during the turn of the century before the U.S. government outlawed it as an ingredient. On the way back into town, Jurgen gave us a lesson in city riding in Mexico and we had a lot of fun coming back.

Overall, I would recommend Bike-Mexico to anyone that wants to rent a motorcycle or take a motorcycle tour off the beaten path to some real hidden gem locations. Jurgen is a great tour guide, and the motorcycles were in top notch shape. The only bad thing we experienced was that it was getting late and we had to end the tour!

1  Thank Tom P
"great riding"
"winding mountain roads"
"loose gravel"
in 2 reviews
"welcomed into their home"
"fantastic condition"
"awesome ride"
"back roads"
"typical tourist"
"skill level"
"great operation"
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed March 5, 2015

After doing some research on motorcycle rentals in Puerto Vallarta, I stumbled on Bike Mexico and found something even better: a guided motorcycle tour. From beginning to end, Jurgen was communicative and extremely helpful; he professional and courteous and even though he owns, manages, and guides the tour himself, he was always so enthusiastic about everything. The equipment is all in "like-new" condition and his knowledge and experience was second to none. For any bike and adventure lovers, this is a MUST do, without a doubt. Not only do you get to enjoy motorcycling in Mexico, but you also get to see some incredible scenery through mountains, villages, and the countryside that very few tours will ever be able to offer you. Hands down, the best decision I've ever made on holiday and by far the best experience in Puerto Vallarta.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed February 20, 2015

My wife and I rented Honda 250 Tornadoes for two days. Day one took us into the Sierras to several traditional towns. It was great riding and the bikes were perfect for the twists and turns of the mountains. At one point we were riding through a cloud! The second day we headed up the coast to La Penita and other beach towns. The bikes performed well at the higher highway speeds, and we had another great day. Jurgen and Elizabeth were very friendly and professional. We were treated very well, and we highly recommend Bike Mexico.

Reviewed February 12, 2015

It was nice to balance our beach and snorkeling days with an adventurous motorcycle ride through the mountainous back-country of Puerta Vallarta. Juergen was an excellent tour guide and balanced our ride with a nice cultural experience, allowing you to experience the "real" Mexico.

Once you get outside the city, there is very little traffic, allowing for a nice-paced ride, with little traffic. Mostly curvy roads, with plenty of elevation changes made for a nice riding experience. The bikes - pretty much brand new - were great for the mixed terrain. We saw plenty of wildlife along the way, including a big snake crossing the road, learned how coffe is made, and how a local cheese is made - makes you wonder if you could combine the two - make coffee cheese? But that's for another day.

We started our ride around 9:00 am and got back before sundown. It was a great ride, a wonderful adventure. We're looking forward to our next ride. Maybe we'll pick the "beach tour" next.

1  Thank AOSprecher