“The only way to swim with dolphins!”

Wildlife Connection
More attraction details
Owner description: WILDLIFE CONNECTION offers the BEST concept of ECOTOURISM IN VALLARTA giving you a respectful close encounter with nature. Enjoy gentle giants on our WHALE WATCHING, swim and interact with DOLPHINS IN THE WILD, participate on the National Marine TURTLE CAMP Protection Program,admire the BIRD WATCHING on this tropical paradise, marine wonders on SNORKELING. Our guides are professional biologists with masters degree in Marine ecology and Wildlife Photographer all featured in magazines and documentaries including National Geographic and Animal Planet. We will share with you our knowledge and experience at the same time you will participate in research projects with dolphins and whales in Banderas Bay, making these excursions a once-in-a-lifetime.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had the most amazing experience with Wildlife Connection in a Puerto Vallarta, it was a day we shall never forget.
It started with an informal and very educational chat with our guide Gemma who told us about the marine life in the bay and about the work they do. Then it was off to the boat and into the bay where we soon came across a group of dolphins fishing for breakfast. We spent a long time with this group as they dived and jumped all around us, whilst hunting. They were so close, swimming around us and under us. Lots of perfect photo and video opportunities as they really seemed to "play for the cameras". We let this group continue to hunt then and went off in search of a group who'd finished hunting and would be happy to let us swim with them.
Further up the bay we found another group, Gemma was delighted to see that one had a new baby, perhaps just 1 day old and we were thrilled to watch mum and baby swimming along beside us.
We were then able to get into the ocean and swim amongst the dolphins. What an amazing experience! I knew I didn't want to pose for pictures in a tank with dolphins who have been trained to perform for my entertainment. This was so totally natural and respectful of these beautiful creatures. I wanted to do it again and again. We will cherish these memories for years to come and cannot recommend this company highly enough.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank shes_the_witch

Reviewed May 19, 2014

There are no words to describe the amazing experience we had with Eduardo and his captain. Being a local, I had been wanting to do the wild dolphin tour for over a year now, and I finally made the time to do it with my mom and husband in tow. I am positive this will not be my last time, I cannot wait to repeat it again!
Eduardo was very knowledgeable, kind, and patient. His captain was great was well. The day started with a very cool and interesting presentation that taught us great facts about crustaceans. Once we embarked, and got to the area of the bay we we going, we spotted the dolphins pretty fast. What followed was over 2 hrs of pure joy, amazement and thrill. We saw so many dolphins, and were fortunate to be able to swim with them repeatedly. I will never forget being inches away, eye to eye with them underwater. Magical is the only word that comes to mind,
My mom had a harder time engaging with them as she was not very good at diving underwater, and getting her gear ready on time, so she kept being disappointed that she kept missing them. Eduardo noticed and took her personally in the water so she could get close to them. He was incredibly gracious and kind with her, making sure she got the same experience as everyone else.
There truly are no words to describe what it was like to swim with this magnificent creatures in the wild. After having done this, I will never, ever, support Swim with the Dolphins programs where dolphins are kept in captivity. I cannot wait until my son is old enough to go on this trip, and I will surely recommend every single friend or relative that ever comes to visit us to take this tour.
Free dolphins are happy dolphins!

3  Thank anabugs
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We recently visited Puerto Vallarta and experienced the 'wildlife connection' tour - what a buzz. I think the biggest indicator of how good this tour is was seeing several tour members were repeat clients. Not only had they done this tour before - but they would be doing it again (later in the same week).
There are other tours that feature dolphin swims - but the ones we saw were advertised as pool swims with captive dolphins. That's a big no-go (just watch the documentaries 'the cove' or 'blackfish' for reasons why). Wildlife Connection take their visitors out in a small boat and use their knowledge to locate 'free' pods of dolphins. Sometimes this can take 20 minutes - other times it can take over an hour - but the dolphins are free and don't have a street address.
the pods aren't always in a sociable mood but the guides know the signs and won't drop their clients into the middle of a feeding frenzy... they look out for dolphins at play. Once found - everybody scrambles to get into the water and be with the dolphins. An amazing experience... and one that can easily be enjoyed whilst sitting in the boat.
We loved it and would recommend it to anybody!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank ramjet_63
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What can we say about swimming with true wild dolphins other than spectacular! Our expert biologist guide and boat captain both made this dream come true for us. Their number one concern is the safety and protection of these wild dolphins, and it shows. Thank you!! Do not hesitate to book this excursion while in PV.

2  Thank PB40PB
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had an excellent time with Gemma. The educational talk before the trip was actually interesting and we all learned something! But the real fun begins on the boat. The crew knows all the dolphins in the bay by name and how they will respond to swimmers. Everyone on our tour got to swim with dolphins in their natural habitat and appreciate their intelligence and playfulness. Highly recommended excursion!

1  Thank bluedog67