“Fun for Family and Educational, Too!”

Wildlife Connection
More attraction details
Owner description: WILDLIFE CONNECTION offers the BEST concept of ECOTOURISM IN VALLARTA giving you a respectful close encounter with nature. Enjoy gentle giants on our WHALE WATCHING, swim and interact with DOLPHINS IN THE WILD, participate on the National Marine TURTLE CAMP Protection Program,admire the BIRD WATCHING on this tropical paradise, marine wonders on SNORKELING. Our guides are professional biologists with masters degree in Marine ecology and Wildlife Photographer all featured in magazines and documentaries including National Geographic and Animal Planet. We will share with you our knowledge and experience at the same time you will participate in research projects with dolphins and whales in Banderas Bay, making these excursions a once-in-a-lifetime.
American girl in OZ
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun for Family and Educational, Too!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked this excursion for my 4 year old daughter, my husband and myself. It was one of the best things we did while in Puerto Vallarta. We really appreciated the educational aspect of the experience and being able to swim with wild dolphins in their natural habitat and on their terms. Gemma is extremely knowledgeable and has masters in marine biology. She knows all the dolphins by name and how to read them.

We didn't have to go too far before we found dolphins (all together about 40 during our time out). My husband and I went swimming on our own while Gemma took our daughter in the ocean each time to see the dolphins. She held her while the dolphins swam up and explained to her what they were doing. She was excellent with our child. We got to jump in the water at least a half a dozen times to swim with various dolphins. We also had people on board that didn't swim and just went along to see the dolphins so you have the option to do whatever you want.

While we were out, Gemma also had to photograph a dolphin as part of their research. She explained some of the research projects they do on their resident dolphins which was really interesting to hear.

We really enjoyed our excursion and I would highly recommend Wildlife Connections.

Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank HLODOLL

Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“One of our best days ever!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Do not hesitate to book this adventure. Our 16 year old had wanted to "swim with the dolphins" forever. I could not get my head around the zoo like atmosphere of most tourist dolphin tours. Wildlife Connection was so different and beat all expectations we had. The tour guide was terrific, her smile lit up the whole boat especially when she spoke of her "dolphin family". My non swimmer hubby and our daughter were able to get in the ocean a couple times to swim with the wild dolphins. Their experience was far better than they even expected! I have a fear of the ocean and was quite content to sit on boat and watch the goings on. There were a couple of us that did not go in the water. We were not pressured to do so by any stretch.
The guide did warn us that the dolphins are wild animals and some days they are not as cooperative with the people, but our day was perfect.
I can not say enough about our experience, do not hesitate to book!

Richmond
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dolphins in the wild: guide was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful with deep care and respect for the dolphins.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We respect your work and contribution to support the dolphins staying in the wild, while helping us to understand the need to keep the dolphins in their natural habitat. It was fun swimming near the dolphins in their natural habitat. We learned more about dolphins than we ever knew in an easy friendly environment. Well worth the taxi trip from Bucerias and the cost of the program.

1 Thank Connor-Haley
Anchorage, Alaska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Incredible Life Experience!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wildlife Connection our of Puerto Vallarta made our excursion easy beyond belief. The staff was friendly, informative and professional with a true passion for what they do. I cannot even start to tell you how incredible swimming and snorkeling with wild dolphins was! Over the course of a few hours we boated out into Banderas Bay and saw at least 50 dolphins, swam within arms reach of dozens of them multiple times. While the staff cannot guarantee that you will have the same experience that we had, they do their absolute best to make it an unforgettable event for you.
All I can say is....DO THIS!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Randy L
“Great fun”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a great time on our tour a couple weeks ago while in port. Our party was large enough (10) that we had one of their boats all to ourselves. Maru was an excellent guide. I had a great encounter with a dolphin. Unfortunately after that they just teased us as they swam away whenever we jumped in the water. The kids (four, aged 4-10) had fun laying on the bow and watching them swim off the front of the boat.

Visited March 2014