“Add Adobes to your restaurant list!”
Review of Restaurant Adobes

Restaurant Adobes
Ranked #41 of 1,289 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

We went once in 2018, and were impressed, so returned early in our PV winter.
This small restaurant continues to hit above its weight. Delicious dinners, excellent coconut shrimp, bargain priced and tasty Chiles en Nogada. We ended up returning a number of times with different groups of friends and all enjoyed their meals. Very well presented, excellent prices, and definitely recommended.

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Small Mexian restaurant that specializes in seafood. Very good bacon wrapped shrimp. 6 medium size shrimp. Could have been more veggies. But was reasonably priced. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

Adobes was recommended to us by some locals. We showed up at 7 when they were super busy...luckily they found and table for two. We were so delighted by the welcome and the cozy atmosphere. Simple but high quality wines fairly priced. We ordered a grouper "stuffed", really smothered with a seafood sauce of shrimp and scallops. The dish was over the top. Just the right amount of garlic, butter and cream. This is now at the top of our PV list.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

We have been to Adobes probably 10 times over the last 3 years and every experience has been delightful. Jesus, our waiter was exceptional. He goes out of his way to make sure you have a great dining experience. My wife and I were there last night with 3 friends, 3 of them ordered the filet mignonette which was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. I had the coconut shrimp with mango sauce and it was absolutely delicious and one of us had the Cesar salad. We all raved about the food, the service and the very inexpensive prices. The only complaint is that it is very loud in the restaurant, there needs to be some sound absorbing materials. Overall was a great dining experience.

Reviewed March 13, 2019

We went Adobes on Madero to meet friends from home for lunch. They had asked for somewhere that was inexpensive as they were traveling on a budget. So, I had suggested Adobes as I had heard that they had a comida correda menu. I was familiar with comida correda from our time spent in Buenos Aires. The deal at Adobes was a soup, an entree, & a beverage, for $70 p. It ended up that no one ordered from the comida correda menu. I had the posole soup. It was a bit of a surprise as it was the red version rather than the white that I usually have at Mexican restaurants and make at home. It was served more like a stew than a soup chock full of pork, shrimp & hominy and topped with finely shredded lettuce. Tasty & very filling at $89 p.

My husband had the coconut shrimp with mango sauce & rice @ $199 p. He gave me one of his shrimp to try. Really delicious! But, deadly as they are deep-fried. My dear friend had the enchilada salad. I had never seen one before. Portions of enchiladas & wedges of avocado were stacked around a salad. She is gluten intolerant and felt this meal fit her diet criteria, well. Her husband's meal was a chicken/bacon burger with fries. It did not look very interesting & he said it tasted about the same way. So, I would stick to the Mexican style food there.

Date of visit: January 2019