“A new gem in town”
Review of Anejo Limon - CLOSED

Anejo Limon
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: fabulous breakfast and dinner great for the whole family with quality, portion and price in mind here, you can not be on a diet PRIME RIB EVERY SUNDAY,,, RESERVE BEFORE FRIDAY
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner tonight at Anejo Limon and even though we expected delicious food since we had been at Teatro Limon, it surpassed our expectation for food, service and decor. It is very cute in the garden courtyard decorated with colorful umbrellas and linens. The appetizers of best salad, calamari and stuffed poppers were delicious. We order beet salads whenever it is offered in a menu but this is the best we've had- beets were served in the salad of arugula with a tart dressing and sliced along side the salad with goat cheese. I had the Sunday special prime rib and even though I like meat prepared well done, it was tender enough to cut with a dinner knife and not the steak knife presented. My daughter had the ribs and prepared BBQ style they were tender, fall off the bone style, with a delicious sweet and tangy sauce. Both entries came with potato, a half of a huge portobello mushroom and other steamed vegetables. Dessert was a slice of lemon cheesecake that we shared. It was perfect- tart and sweet! We will return. Bruce is a wonderful host!

3  Thank jodygs

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Kudos to my boyfriend for making us stop here for a beer after a week of catcalls from the owner. Finding him super personable and friendly, our group decided to head back there for dinner that night. I would say it was one of my top five meals of all time-no hyperbole needed. If you are a meat fan, you can do no better than this location. Trust me. I got the ribs, which fell off the bone and were covered in a sweet and spicy Asian glaze. They were so well cooked the bones fell apart, leaving pieces of marrow mixed in with the meat. Heavenly. Other members of our party got the double (and I do mean DOUBLE) bone in pork chop and the flank steak, all of which were amazingly generous portions for a steal of a price. Everything was expertly cooked and seasoned perfectly. Other highlights were the giant jalapeño poppers stuffed with a cool and spicy cream cheese, a flavorful beet salad and a version of bruschetta that even I enjoyed! All in all, if you don't head here for dinner, you are missing out. Tell Bruce hello for me!

2  Thank Nate S
Reviewed April 11, 2014

What a fabulous restaurant! Located in Centro Vallarta, just a sort walk from the beach. Bruce is a fabulous chef with a great staff and the best food in town. Ordered the Mexican Chamorro and it was amazing! Had the left overs with eggs at breakfast and it was still delicious.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We used to go to Teatro Limon and we know Bruce for years ! In his new place we started with the best bruscetta's in town ! The argentinian Hangar steak is fabulous !
The location is excellent and the service top notch. Very unique place on Basilio Badillo.

2  Thank puertovallartafan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Just returned from Puerto Vallarta and had found this restaurant on tripadvisor. It is a new location that just opened the week before. The owner still has other locations. It is in the heart of the Romantica zone right on Basillio where all the action takes place. We wanted to see the place before we ate there, so stopped by on our way back to our hotel after eating at another restaurant. The owner was out front, and he pulled us in and told us all about his place. Even gave me a sample of his signature steak entree to taste. Made a reservation for the next night in the back garden area which is quite beautiful. I had the steak and my wife had the roasted lamb. Both were excellent. Service was terrific. Can't wait to tell our friends and go back next year.

2  Thank gspdx2