“Chi Chi Rones a wonderful show”

The Palm Cabaret and Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Now in our 17th Season! Located on Olas Altas, Vallarta's most popular strip on the southside of town, The Palm Cabaret and Bar is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a great show and superb drinks and service. Vallarta's longest running and most eclectic cabaret! Everyone is welcome! Newly Remodeled with beautiful lighting and sound.
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
“Chi Chi Rones a wonderful show”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was a wonderful old school show wonderful for all ages I had a blast and was laughing half the time and in awe the other half I highly recommend this show to all who love the old school with a bit of the new...

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Chi Chi Rones @ The Palm”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

In December 2012 I had the pleasure of seeing Chi Chi Rones perform what was one of the most entertaining, inspiring, and touching shows I had ever seen during any vacation to PV. I fell instantly for the genuine warmth and charm of such an extraordinarily talented entertainer. With a smile and heart that could warm up the coolest of the cool, Ms. Rones is not to be confused with a lip synching drag queen. Chi Chi uses her own voice to deliver spot on impersonations and cover versions of classic songs, along with her own original material. All of this in between delightful storytelling. I was effectively brought to tears with her touching song titled "I Won't Mind", a tribute to those of us fortunate to be in the lives of children.

When I arrived in PV on Feb 23 2013 I was thrilled to see that Chi Chi was once again performing her new show this season– The Churro and the Burro - at the Palm. With only two shows remaining I promised myself – and Chi Chi – that I would see her show on the last night. Again, the warmth and charm of this instantly lovable performer swept me in and I enjoyed a smile on my face through 2hrs of great tunes , more stories, and more tugging at my heart. This particular time the stand out was the hilarious delivery of Ms. Bette Davis doing “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch”. Priceless!

Wherever there is Chi Chi, is where you should be. Not to be missed!

Prescott, Arizona
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Rocky - *****; Sordid Lives - ***”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We've seen two shows at The Palm this season. The first was The Rocky Horror Show of Broadway and movie fame. It was outstanding considering it had to be performed on such a tiny stage with minimal sets. The music and the singing were way beyond expectations. I hope they bring this one back next year. Sordid Lives on the other hand was a bit of a yawn. I found myself looking at my watch before the intermission. About half the audience were laughing at the gags while the other half were trying to figure out what was so funny. It had its moments but it just did not sustain them. But it's a bit of an unfair comparison as Rocky has a huge worldwide cult following and Sordid Lives is the creation of a local Vallarta performer and playright.

The Palm itself is a fun, cozy venue and the two-drink mininum is a reasonable kicker on top of the typical 250-peso ticket. There are no reserved seats so it's best to arrive early to avoid winding up behind a post. The Palm is one of the many things that makes PV anything but boring.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Chi Chi Rones performance”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had the pleasure to be in Puerto Vallarta during Christmas 2012 and New Years for 2013. Chi Chi Rones has the voice of Judy Garland and Billy Holiday and should not be missed. When she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow...without the music... it was incredible. Oh Yeah... Love me some Chi Chi. ;-)

Visited January 2013
san francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“chi chi rones at Palm Cabaret”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I saw Chi Chi Rones show at Palm Cabaret and was blown away. All the music is actually sung with his own velvet voice. The added impersonations of the many Divas were spot on and a plus to his own talented voice. The humor that he adds to the show makes the experience an amazing one. The time flew by, making me want more. He actually had 2 different shows and I was so impressed I went to both. The second was equally as entertaining as the first, with even more camp humor and different impersonations. His dueling Judy Garland (my favorite of all the impersonations - it gave me goosebumps) and blended with Betty Davis, "I'm still here" had me laughing so hard I cried. If you are in Puerto Vallarta- DON'T miss this show!! I believe he is still performing through April- JUST GO!