“Cabaret Show not to be Missed!”

The Palm Cabaret and Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Now in our 17th Season! Located on Olas Altas, Vallarta's most popular strip on the southside of town, The Palm Cabaret and Bar is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a great show and superb drinks and service. Vallarta's longest running and most eclectic cabaret! Everyone is welcome! Newly Remodeled with beautiful lighting and sound.
Vancouver, Canada
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Cabaret Show not to be Missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

The shows that make it to the stage of this Puerto Vallart entertainment institution should not be missed. Plan to be in the audience as the shows are better than first class off broadway material!
We just saw "Oy Vey In A Manger" the final Christmas show presented by the talented KINSET SICKS billed as America's favourite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet. The show filled to overflowing with snappy comedic writing and excellent singing left everyone on their feet begging for more. You can purchase tickets at the door or on line.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Miss Conception's ALL LIVE show at The Palm was AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The opening night for Miss Conceptions show was SOLD OUT!! What a great show! Miss C never disappoints..

I saw the show 5 times last season and it just keeps getting better! Singing, Dancing and tonnes of comedy, you could not wipe the smile off my face the whole time!

Thank you for such a great evening.. I had a blast

Kevin

2 Thank kbeech1
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“SNEAKY Pay for High End Liquor and Poured Cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stopped in to a packed place, with a show in progress. I am a Bar Manager, where we serve over 200,000 patrons a year. One of my job duties is to watch employees. Well, at this place I had ordered a Graygoose Cosmo. However, When the bartending made it, he used house Vodka and added water to it, thus charging me for Graygoose. I paid said nothing over tipped and will never return. The place was packed with hundreds of Canadians and Americans (mostly Canadians). I really took my time drinking the drink, knowing I was not going to have another. The show was great and entertaining. I watched the group of guys from Alberta, Canada next to me order a go around of absolute and the bartender poured house, Fleischmanns. I know after a couple drinks people loose inhibitions, but to take advantage of tourists that support and patronize your business is dishonest. This must be coming from the owner. I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS. BEWARE!!!!

3 Thank RETIREDTRAVELERS_9
Tracy P, Manager at The Palm Cabaret and Bar, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for writing about your experience at The Palm. As the show director, I am always concerned about our clients experience and want to make sure everyone has a good time at The Palm. I would have loved to know of your concern the night of the show. I am always at the front door, usually with our co-director Mark. Our wonderful manage, Manuel, will also take care of your concerns and correct any errors. While we do not own the bar, we do try to intervene where we can to make sure everyone has a great time and good experience. We would have done the same for you, had you given us the chance. I am glad you enjoyed the show and thank you for saying so. I am confused by how you saw the bartender pour you a vodka we don't serve. He is in a service bar in the back of the bar, behind a curtain and not visible to the audience, near the dressing rooms (to keep noise to a minimum). There is a bar at the top of the stairs near the entrance but it is rarely used, except when we are super busy and then only to serve the guests on the patio and upper area. We do not use the brand of vodka you say your received. We serve only Smirnoff (house) or Grey Goose (call). If you would like to come back and give us another shot at making you happy, I promise to buy you a drink and make sure you leave happy. We are very sorry to recieve your review and hope we can make it up to you.
Tracy
Monterey, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Chi Chi Rones at The Palm Cabaret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Not quite sure what I was expecting, but a very fun evening with Chi Chi! If Totie Fields had a Hispanic Drag Queen niece, who was a little more antic, and was not only funny but could sing, then she would probably be Chi Chi Rones. Lots of laughs, great songs (including some audience participation) and some excellent impersonations (including a singing Judy Garland that was pretty spot on). The Club is intimate and nicely air conditioned and the drinks were good and reasonable. They have quite a roster of entertainers booked, and if they are half as entertaining as Chi Chi, you won't go wrong.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank MitziGabor
Chicago, Illinois
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Fun show, nice venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show onstage here. It was a bit cheesy, some of the acting was uneven, but it was definitely worth the price of admission.

There is a 2 drink minimum, but you can get bottled water if you like (I did that for my second drink).

The venue/stage are cute (you walk down stairs to get to it), the box office and staff are courteous.

The man (co-founder) who played Rocky was good. He had stage presence, good acting chops and a pretty darn good voice! He made up for some of the other performers who were (a bit) lacking.

They have many shows/acts there, so there is a wide variety during the year (Lesley Jordan was coming and I would have LOVED to have seen him!).

A good place to visit for something different to do in PV at night. I would go back if I was ever in town.

Visited November 2012