“Amazing Scuba Diving at Las Marietas”

Vallarta Adventures
$84.99*
Marietas Islands: Snorkel Cruise from Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vallarta Adventures is Mexico's premier adventure company and leading tour operator in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. Vallarta Adventure trips and activities are safe learning experiences designed for people of all ages who want to have fun exploring all that culture, wildlife, biodiversity (eco tours) and natural beauty the area has to offer. Book your activitie online and get 3 tours for the price of 2 - with 15% off all tours and save up to 44%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 21, 2014

What a wonderful experience! I can't begin to explain how every consideration was taken to make sure I had a wonderful experience. First, Vallarta Adventures made this trip extremely affordable and this allowed me to do it! Then, the staff on the boat out to the island were extremely upbeat, accommodating, and helpful! Breakfast was included which was really nice.

Everything for the dive was taken care of with extreme professionalism and courtesy. Safety was first and foremost, but then our guide made sure we had a blast on the dive, pointing out wildlife like eels, fish, octopus, etc. After the dive, he made sure that we got all of our dive data for both dives and identified wildlife that we saw so we could log it.

After our dives, we got to see the hidden beach at Las Marietas! On the way back we had lunch and free drinks! The crew also did a lip sync performance which was pretty entertaining. Overall an absolutely amazing experience for the guy who can't afford luxury, but got it anyway. Thanks so much for a memorable experience, Vallarta Adventures!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I had a blast on the Outdoor Adventure . From the boat ride to the water slide the trip was outstanding. The tour was professionally run. David, Jorge, Arturo, Oscar, and Tommy were energetic and very competent guides. Zip line stations were professionally run, safety was always paramount and these guys were always able to relax participants who were a little hesitant. I would highly recommend this tour!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 21, 2014

(WATCH the video link at the end - great entertainment! Mexican KISS) We went on a trip to Marietas Island and nothing was short of a GREAT time. We went scuba diving, kayaking and paddle boarding all in one day! WOW is all I can say about the crew aboard this trip. Everyone was super friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, helpful and just pure FUN. This was one of the greatest experiences during our week long trip to Puerto Vallarta! I would like to thank my dive master Israel for doing a great job and I would like to also thank the crew Juan, Carlos, Ricardo, Victor, Ronnie? and a few others that I can't remember but the entire crew was top notch! These guys made the trip super enjoyable!

Onboard entertainment aka Mexican KISS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kzla5dCydE&list=UURhcDSszuXn2DP-ReVGVXmQ

Scuba diving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzI_5y14Mo&list=UURhcDSszuXn2DP-ReVGVXmQ

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had the best time with Vallarta Adventures! We purchased two excursions and received the third for free :) A great deal of savings for our family of 6. Our first trip was to Las Caletas to watch Rhythms of the Night, the boat ride there was about an hour long and when you arrive its straight to the show. We took a picture with a few of the cast members which we later purchased. The show was fantastic, very cirque soleil. It rained very briefly when we arrived but cleared up right when the show started. After the show was the buffet, delicious! Drinks and buffet are included in the ticket price. The only downside is that we only had 20 minutes to explore after dinner before we had to go back to the boat. BUT we did get to see a giant stingray before leaving. The crew then performed a very entertaining dance number!

Our next trip was the outdoor adventure. Simple AMAZING! We had the best guides; Manuel, Adrian, Dani, Carlos, Marino, & Tony. They explained everything and made us feel secure. The trip starts off with a speed boat, followed by a car ride, mule ride, and you're pretty much on foot from then. You WILL get wet. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes that you can get wet and comfortable bottoms, a shirt (rashgaurd) is provided when you arrive which came in pretty handy since it dries fast. Also, if you're a usual target for mosquitos make sure you bug spray yourself before you go. Theres about 7 ziplines, rapelling, tightrope walking, water slides, and a few other things. I was terrified on some but the tour guides are so helpful and its honestly not bad at all, the adrenaline rush is amazing and you'll be glad you went through with it. We had the most amazing time together. They don't allow you to bring your own camera or go pro but they do have a photographer that goes and takes pictures. Its a bit pricey but the experience is so amazing that you'll want the pictures, so go with that in mind and take advantage. Take as many pictures with the photographer and do different poses, look back after you're zip lining and smile! You'll have the best vacation pictures to take back home.

Our last trip was to the Marieta Islands. There is a fee when you get to Vallarta adventures for entering the islands since it is a bird sanctuary (around $2) We had a wonderful crew on boat 1, Julio was a great cruise director. The boat ride is really long maybe an hour and a half. I get sea sick so it felt like an eternity but the staff was really friendly and recommended I sit towards the back of the boat so I don't feel the movements as much. The way there was definitely worse than the way back. When we arrived at the islands we had to swim under a small tunnel to get to the islands, since it is rainy season the tide is sometimes too high, but luckily we got to go through. You swim through in small groups and the crew tells you when its safe to swim, so follow directions so you don't get pushed up by the tide and hit your head. The view is amazing! Try to be one of the first ones to get there so you can get some good pictures before the rest of the people show up. The sand there isn't that great, its kinda rocky and rough but the view is impressive and the water is so warm it feels like bath tub water. After that we got back on the boat and went to another part of the islands where we got to paddle board, kayak or snorkel. We also had the choice to go to another beach on the panga. We stayed on the boat and went kayaking and paddle boarding. It was a TON of fun, i had never tried paddle boarding and I absolutely loved it. I think we were out in the water for about an hour before we got back on the boat to eat and head back (food and drinks are included). The crew then performed a hilarious rock skit which was very entertaining! On the way back the photographers came around to show you the pictures that they took and sell you the cd (I think it was around $50). We purchased the photos, again it was a bit pricey but totally worth it, just take as many pictures as you can. Our photographer did a great job capturing some candid moments so we were very happy with the photos.

Overall we had a fantastic trip! We will definitely use Vallarta Adventures when we return.
Don't forget to pack the sunblock, aloe, bug repellent, after bite, water shoes and if you're prone to motion sickness get some pills or patches before you go! :)

1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great value for all the different activities this adventure has. Awesome boat ride to a secluded village, horse back riding to a cascading waterfall, snorkeling in a private cove, and finally to a secluded beach for a delicious BBQ lunch and R&R. The guide "Hugo" was very personable by getting to know everyone' s name. It is booked only with small groups which is great. There were plenty of staff to cater to your every need whether it be drinks or guidance on water activities. It was great they took a lot of pictures of my family enjoying themselves so it saved me the hassle. Pictures were given to you on a flash drive for $60. Well worth it!!! We did three activities during our stay and this one we ranked #1.

Dubray Family - Canada