“Decent scuba diving”

Vallarta Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vallarta Adventures is Mexico's premier adventure company and leading tour operator in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. Vallarta Adventure trips and activities are safe learning experiences designed for people of all ages who want to have fun exploring all that culture, wildlife, biodiversity (eco tours) and natural beauty the area has to offer. Book your activitie online and get 3 tours for the price of 2 - with 15% off all tours and save up to 44%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Was in PVR in April, did a refresher course in the pool at Secrets and the instructor, I believe her name was Lisa, was great. She was friendly and professional. We were a group of 5 people, 2 OW certified and 3 non certified, so we opted for the 1 tank dive at Los Arcos. The boat ride out to the site was quick only about a half hour, and the scenery was pretty. The dive site itself has lots of potential, but our particular dive had pretty awful visibility, at times it was about 6 fee, but mostly it seemed to be 8-10ft. We saw a sting ray, a puffer fish, a sea cucumber, a moray eel, and sea urchin and star fish. Our guide, I forget his name, was also very nice and very professional and helpful. The diving conditions are no way a reflection of the company. I would inquire about other dive sites, if I ever went back to PVR and maybe check out Marieta Islands instead. Be prepared for cold water, and full wetsuits. No gloves/booties/hoods though so that is nice!

1  Thank mary l
Write a ReviewReviews (5,891)
All reviews
in 209 reviews
"paddle boarding"
in 141 reviews

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went Zip-lining with Vallarta adventures a few weeks ago. I must say that I am not an adrenaline junkie. After the 9 ziplines and water slides, I was ready to go back and do it all over again.

You will get wet doing the ziplines, so don't bother bringing cameras. Our guides included a photographer so we were able to purchase pictures after the fact. We were provided with a neoprene/wetsuit top since a few of the ziplines ended with us in a river.

The entire trip took a few hours. We rode mules to the top of the mountain and ziplined back down to the area where we started.

Overall, it rocked! Shout out to our guides, Manuel, Hugo, Adrian, Mike and Marino. They definitely made the day very enjoyable and worry free.

1  Thank Alvin B
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I made 4 dives with this company while i was in Puerto Vallarta and i was not impressed with this company. The first 2 were ok but the dive master pretty much ignored everbody on the boat until we got to the dive site. If they are wanting a tip after the dive they should be a little more friendly. Visibilty here for all of my dives was about 20ft. For the next 2 dives i went to Las Caletas. I had managed to get food poisoning the night before this dive and thought things would get better as the day went on. Without getting into all the details i was deathly sick. I had told the dive master that i was feeling ill before we started the dive but he really seemed uninterested. 1/2 ways through the second dive i had to surface because i was to ill to finish. When i booked the dive nobody told me you had to spend the whole day at Las Calitas. Usually a 2 tank dive takes about 4 hours. I told them i had to go find a place to lay down. The only person that checked to see if i was ok was the photographer. At one point i asked the staff there to get me a doctor and he said no and walked away. I then found the dive master and asked him to get me back to port and he said he could not. There was two boats sitting there and he used one of them to go back to port so he did not have the slow boat ride home.I feel that when we pay to go on something like this they have a level of responsibility to take care of us.

1  Thank jolt30
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went with my family for a nice vacation at Nuevo Vallarta. The trip to the Marietas was the best part of it. I took a tour with the company Vallarta Adventures that offers the larger boat to go there. It has an entertainment team, food and some drinks, snorkel equipment and takes you to tour the islands bays and you snorkel for a while, then they take you to the hidden beach. Is a difficult swim if you are not used to swim or haven't exercised for a while. The best part of the trip is that if you go between January and March you get to see whales really close. That makes it two tours on one! If you do not like swimming and the party on the boat, maybe you will get a bit bored with this trip.

1  Thank J-L-1977