“Sierra Madre Tour-Vallarta Adventures, Puerto Vallarta”

Vallarta Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.50*
and up
Day Trip from Puerto Vallarta: Punta Mita and Sayulita UTV Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vallarta Adventures is Mexico's premier adventure company and leading tour operator in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. Vallarta Adventure trips and activities are safe learning experiences designed for people of all ages who want to have fun exploring all that culture, wildlife, biodiversity (eco tours) and natural beauty the area has to offer. Book your activitie online and get 3 tours for the price of 2 - with 15% off all tours and save up to 44%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sierra Madre Tour-Vallarta Adventures, Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We chose this adventure with a little hesitation because it does last all day but trust me it is worth it! Our guide was very knowledgeable, the trip was a learning experience about the area and culture of the Mexican people.
Be ready for fun and wind...you ride in the back of a large vehicle that is open (has a top though) complete with seat and back cushioning and straps to hold onto as the ride gets bumpy off road. We stopped in a small town, visited a lovely older woman's homestead for a snack, took a walk thru the forest (easy walk) and then headed for a BBQ on a private beach that was gorgeous. On the way back to be dropped off at our hotels our guide Sue offered up a shot of tequila, lime and salt for all of us. A great ending to a totally awesome experience.
Not for small children. Cold filtered bottled water provided, snack midday and beautiful BBQ around 3 PM.

1 Thank cyndiloohoo

Indiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Las Caletas”
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We did the day tour that provides beach time, snorkeling or diving and buffet lunch.

We were impressed with the location and the crew of Vallarta Adventures. The grounds were well kept and the bathrooms nice and clean. The lunch was delicious and plentiful. My husband enjoyed the scuba instruction and diving part of the excursion.

New Jersey
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Canopy Tour - Alot of Fun”
Reviewed May 3, 2008

The Vallarta adventures canopy tour was a lot of fun. I felt the equipment was good and the people were trained, overall I felt very safe. My girlfriend is afraid of heights and she ended up having a lot of fun. There was a small child on our tour and she also had fun, so I think anyone could do this tour.

The views being up high in the forest were great, although no cameras are allowed and they charge a lot for their photos (100 US for the days worth, I think or about 15 bucks a photo). The trip left from Vallarta adventures office in the Marina area and it took about an hour to get to the place. We traveled in an open air truck, so bring a jacket, it was very windy. I also suggest booking your trip in the morning, since it got uncomfortably hot in the afternoon in the forest. Some of the roads are quite bumpy but you get to see a lot of nice views and older towns.

Overall I had a lot of fun on this tour and would recommend it.

Eugene, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day Sail”
Reviewed April 28, 2008

On April 11th, 2008 our group of 4 participated in a day sail with Vallarta Adventures. This was a 6 1/2 hour excursion on a sailboat tour around the bay.

We had a fantastic time. We were told that the sailboat we were going on normally takes up to 18 passengers on these day sails, but on the day we were sailing there were only six of us - four of which were in our own party.

Our hosts were delightful, sharing stories of their childhood and pointing out the various hotels. They mixed wonderful drinks all day, pina coladas, rum punch, whatever we desired. As we sailed away from the dock, they presented us with fresh fruit, followed later in the morning by chips and salsa, and then a very nice lunch.

They played nice, mellow music, never so loud that we couldn't enjoy a nice conversation. The boat was clean and in perfect condition. There were two bathrooms (heads??) and plenty of space below decks to get out of the sun, if you so desired. There was also a covered area outside, with bench seating. There were pads strewn about the front of the boat, perfect for lounging on.

I highly recommend this tour for a nice, relaxing day in the sun. This was the highlight of our trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 20, 2008

My friend and I took the Canopy Tour last summer. Fun times! I will be going back to Vallarta this summer and I will definitely book another Vallarta Adventure! The only downside was that the exhaust from the truck we took up to the forest was kinda strong. I was okay with it but some people on our tour were a bit bothered by it. The staff was so nice! The guys running the canopy tours were also extremely good looking!

1 Thank Kris80