“Breathtaking!”

Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Oakland, California
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was fortunate enough to have my 50th birthday party at the restaurant TASTE at Casa Cupula and then was surprised with a nights stay in a beautifully furnished suite here. It was an extremely romantic and unexpected night that I will never forget. Thanks to the staff here as they really know how to run a first class place.

Room Tip: Every room is different (but all very nice), some are just unbelievable. Ask for a tour as the webs...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Casa Cupula is a great place to stay. It is just outside the center of town within walking distance to all the local places. The staff was great, very friendly and accommodating . The hotel is beautiful, we loved the room and the view. The restaurant was wonderful - good food and drinks. I recommend the Eggs Benedict...mmmmm. I would absolutely go back again. The only down side was that the AC did not work all the time - other than that it would have got 5 stars from us.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room 201 that overlooked the pool and was on top of the restaurant Taste. This was off...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
optionsf, Owner at Casa Cupula, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and yes, the Eggs Benedict are yummy (and totally devoid of calories!).

We are with you on the pesky air conditioner in room 201, and sorry it was annoying! It has already been sent to an early retirement and upgraded as part of a complete renovation of that room this summer. Look on our website for photos after October as it is sure to be a favorite room for the 2014 season.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My first time in PV, but not in Mexico. This hotel was excellent. I travel for work and have been around the world and stayed in the best hotels, but Casa Cupula was my favorite. It's up the hill so the views are amazing and it's a 5 minute walk to the beach. Every single person that works there is amazing. So friendly and knowledgeable. They all remember your name and always have a smile on their faces. I went alone and they introduced me to the other guests and locals. I had a great time! Thanks everybody and I will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michaelnycity
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was possibly my 10-12th trip to PVR. I really love this town. I have stayed in ever kinda place.i started this trip with my partner, who had never been here before. I just wanted something special. From the moment we were picked up from the airport, given our complimentary margaritas, introduced to JUAN(bartender/server), moved into our room, given a full tour, EVERYONE worked overtime to ensure that I was completely happy. It was a little crazy. Never have i had a staff who wanted to me to have everything my way.Without attitude or confusion. The in house gym was a favorite. The restaurant was delicious. Complimentary breakfast was great every morning. Please don't miss the SUNDAY BRUNCH. JUAN, Logan, and the manager,where real standouts. We even changed rooms when another larger space became available. Quiet environment , with amazing views of the city. Don't worry about the walk down too Los Muertos beach. It's quick and will build better glutes! Enjoy this place AA++

Room Tip: Milagro Suite /302
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marc35805
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Casa Cupula provides some of the most highly personalized service levels I think I've ever had at a hotel. Having just been in Thailand, I thought nothing could top the service there, but Casa Cupula was an absolutely exceptional experience! The staff was very friendly and looked to do whatever they could to make my stay more enjoyable. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful as are the rooms. The restaurant, Taste, was excellent. The only minor drawback is the walk to and from the beach - it's about a 10 - 15 minute walk, but a bit of a climb up the hill on a hot day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I just got off the plane from Puerto Vallarta Mexico and I have to say that I am very happy with my choice to stay at Casa Cupula. All the Art Deco style around the hotel made me feel right at home. I stayed there with my best friend and we got the double bed suite with a nice terrace which has a wonderfull view to the beach and the main pool. Also the Bathrrom shower was a dream! it was my favor place to refresh after a long day at the beach and sit with a cup of the tea to watch the sunset to read my book. The staff at Casa Cupula were professional and personable they made me feel not only as another guest but as a family member, from the owner to the maintanance staff always made sure our staying experience was an excellent one. Finally the location is the best in the romantic zone because it is close enough to everywhere you need to go while in Vallarta at a walking distance it is very safe to do so and if you taking a cab or need any advice Edwing, Jesus, Leo ,David or anyone in the staff will be rigth there to help you.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in Casa Cupula are good with plenty space and it depends what are you looking for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
optionsf, Owner at Casa Cupula, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments. You will be pleased to know that your room is being completely renovated this summer to be even better!

We especially appreciate your comments about treating our guests as family. Because in a sense, we are! Many of our guests become friends and family and that's the spirit of Casa Cupula. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is our 5th stay at Casa Cupula in the last 2 years, each time is better than the last experience. We were also there 6 months ago for 2012 Christmas & New Years, we came back to Florida and booked and confirmed 2013 Christmas and New Year’s stay right away. Before raving about the service and food, the hotel alone is beautiful, perched on a hill with stunning views. The rooms are nicely appointed with all the amenities experienced travelers could want for a more than comfortable stay. We have stayed in 5 different rooms and have toured some of the other rooms as well. Most rooms are spacious. The gym is well equipped with cardio and weights. The food at TASTE is amazing, the breakfast, lunch and dinner are all delicious with beautiful presentation. What really sells me and makes it extra special for us is the hotel staff. From the front desk to housekeeping, they are very warm and friendly, they make it a point to remember your name. On different occasions, I observed their stellar hospitality with other guests as well, Kudos to the front desk namely, Edwin and Jesus who are both very helpful and always greeted every guest with a friendly smile. Edwin also made great restaurant suggestions in PV. Logan our concierge gave us great service as well, he made some great recommendations like our Canopy Tour Zip line Adventure at Nogalitos, that was an awesome experience in itself. Tina always took part of her busy time to talk with us and make sure we were happy. The staff at TASTE was always friendly helpful and knowledgeable. Kudos to everyone at TASTE, the chef and staff, especially Juan and Sabas, who always made us laugh. We are looking forward to going back in December; we have made friends with the staff and are excited to see them again in a few months.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
optionsf, Owner at Casa Cupula, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Kind words from repeat guests are the most meaningful because they have the experience to know the property and staff and that we strive for a great experience every time. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you over the holidays!