This is a very comfortable, beautiful place up in the hills a short walk from the beach. The comfortable bed, and quiet, gave me some truly great sleep, the pool outside my door exquisite, and the very friendly and attentive service throughout was top notch.
That said, there's a certain rustic quality to the place, maybe due to the humidity or the tropical location, but areas of paint rusting etc, leaves quickly clutter pool furnishings, a certain mustiness, etc all comes with the territory. I think they could do just a bit better job on patio area upkeep, as used beverage glasses often spent a day or two before being picked up.
Also, I stayed here as a single based on TA reviews, but I see Casa Cupula as more of a romantic retreat for couples. The single traveler might be better off closer to old town or the beach. The walk isn't that bad but it's the kind of walk you only want to do once per day. It's easier to the beach than to old town bar scene which involves walking along a busy highway with no sidewalk. Easy to get a taxi back at night though.
Finally, I agree with others that the idea of charging for the empty covered lounges around the main pool was just a turn off for me. I like nice, comfortable places, but please, include it in the room fee, why the extra charges, just makes the place feel stuffy and pretentious. Same with the breakfast coupons, which combined with $3 coffee etc means you'll pay as much as any other place, just a gimmick. The restaurant staff was great however!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cupula is one of the most luxurious boutique hotel resorts in the world, welcoming gay men, lesbians, and friends of our community. We offer the services of a five-star mainstream resort in three boutique properties: Casa Cupula, Private Residences and Owner's Villa. Gourmet food compliments three pools, a gym and sophisticated modern design. Located in Amapas, walking distance to gay beach clubs, nightlife, restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Cupula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cupula Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Cupula Hotel Puerto Vallarta