“Fun! Packed!”
Review of Hilo - CLOSED

Hilo
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had fun here... The place was absolutely packed! People dancing everywhere, next to our table, in the walkway, and on the bar! Very fun to watch! Very friendly employees also :)

1  Thank Katie G

Reviewed July 16, 2011

This is the 3rd bar/club we hit up on the Malecon on a Monday night.

We arrived and the doormen escorted us to a great spot. The table was next to the DJ booth and overlooking and the crowd. It was a mixed and energetic crowd. We had some MILFS from the Midwest shaking their thang on the bar tables. It was cool. The music was the same as Mandala...except that they mixed in a handful of reggaeton and 3 hip hop songs. Yea, I counted. I am a hip hop and R&B fan and I was waiting for those beats haha. Unfortuantely, the DJ picked some weird (in my opinion) tracks. He played Wiz Khalifa's Black and Yellow, Rihanna's Love The Way You Lie, oh and a bunch of Black Eyed Peas songs (doesn't really count lol). Then it was back to the usual Top 40, Pop, Dance stuff you would hear in West Hollywood.

This place is not as big as Mandala but it is still cool in its own way. I give it 1 more star because the DJ had a more diverse playlist.

2  Thank jenngocruzn
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My Wife and I were there 3 days ago. Started off by having a "Free Beer". 192 mill bottle! Then ordered a second beer at 20 pesos and got a full bottle! 350 mill. Ordered the next one and the price had gone up to 40 pesos. At this point I told them that if I wanted to pay $4.00 a beer then I would just go to a club in Canada! Left the club at this point! Walked up the street to Paradise Burger and paid 20 pesos a beer and they had a live band! Advice stay away from the Hilo! They never tell you the price until you have already ordered! No tip no nothing for these guys! Avoid! I would never recommend this club with there changing drink prices!

3  Thank NecroN
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Terrible. Zero stars. The drinks were over priced and randomly priced, you never knew if your next beer would be 40 or 80pesos. The staff was rude to the men, and liked to try to cop a feel on the girlfriends. Hilo and/or its staff also ran fraudulent charges on my credit card. I can prove it was Hilo, as this was the *only* time I used my cc in all of PV and the only time it was even out of my possession. I love PV, but with so many other honest fun beautiful places to go down town, the best bet is to STAY AWAY FROM HILO.

6  Thank tstampy
See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We thought the club was cool, especially with the statues and being able to see the beach, malecon from inside but it was grad week so way too many kids drinking and doing all sorts of things they shouldn't. We had a fairly good time people watching thou and i would go back with a bunch of girlfriends for a fun night out. The music was good, mostly hip pop thou so perhaps more top 40's on another night i'd hope.

2  Thank Kimberley S