“I will never forget my stay there...” 5 of 5 stars

+52 3221 5808
Improve this listing
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will never forget my stay there...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I went there with a group of friends last October for a couple of days, and then I went back with my boyfriend. All I can say from this place can be resume in the fact that I will never be able to forget my stay there. The staff welcomes you when you arrive in your boat. All great smiles, friendly and kind. The little casita I shared with my boyfriend was beautiful and extremely romantic. It was indeed all open, but I actually liked that feeling, since there where curtains and some trees around us giving us privacy, yet we had a beautiful ocean view. I'm am a bit picky and little bit of a clean freak, and I can say that I was very pleased with the state of the rooms. During the day, we relaxed on the beach, had some pina coladas, got a lovely body massage (which I really recommend), did some snorkeling and kayaking.The food was AMAZING, I love seafood ! and everything they served us was very tasty and fresh. At nigh, the candle light dinner was extremely romantic. I particularly liked the singing around the bonfire overlooking the ocean and the starry sky. People go back to their casitas early, so it ends up getting very quiet and calm during the night. It was certainly a magical stay for us. I have a feeling I will be going back very soon.

Visited October 2011

United States
“A truly great escape!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I so appreciated the thoughtfulness and hospitality of the staff. The resort was incredibly clean and the food delightful. I adored the open accommodations. It really is as incredible as it looks. The boat ride to the resort for the first time was an adventure unto itself!! Take advantage of the waterfall hike with the dogs and zip lining. (We traveled on the zip line 700 feet above a gorge for a quarter mile. Breathtaking!) We would love to return. Thank you so much Margo, Kevin and all the staff!

Visited March 2012
Orange County, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“paradise found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

This is truly a gem! Our vacation there was unparalleled. Wonderful people, five star service, and romance to the nth degree! While we, as the other reviewer wrote, had some moments of "eee gads" when picked up by the tiny boat south of Puerto Vallarta, those thoughts disappeared immediately upon our arrival. Unspoiled, spotless beaches with pure white sand, warm but refreshing water, gorgeous nature hikes made for incredible surroundings. The food was unbelievable! Enough "Mexican" but not your typical tacos and burritos type food...each meal was a gourmet experience. Every morning, set out for you were chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Breakfast and lunch are just your party but dinner is a fun and communal experience. It's pretty much a couples place and the people who were there when we were there came from various locals throughout the world. Conversations were fun and lively and often ended with us moving to a fire on the beach- all set up for us by the attentive staff who realized that we were enjoying ourselves and wanted to continue the conversation. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation where you can truly unwind, try this place- you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank tkt9924
A TripAdvisor Member
“Robinson Crusoe idyll or Survivor???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

Las Mahajuitas is about a 20 minute boat ride from a beach near Puerto Vallarta: since you are not given life jackets in this open boat with no place to hang on, it should warn you immediately about the rather laid back attitude of the whole experience. It is very difficult to know exactly what to say about this place. For a start, the people working there are so wonderful & friendly & accomodating, I would hate to upset them in any fashion. However, you should know what you are getting into and be prepared for it before you go.
The casitas are open to the elements. When we were there it was very cold at night and so we had to ask for (and got) several additional blankets. But undressing and showering was certainly a chilly experience. The shower head is nothing more than a punctured gourd over a high tap and while we did have a hot water heater, it went on the blink intermittently---as did the water supply itself and the electricity which also had to be fixed twice while we were there. Being open to the elements also means mice getting into your clothes and raccoons/Badgers (whatever they were) running off with any food left around. There are also scorpions, which several people had to deal with.
The beach is fine but it is certainly not the white sand beach advertised by Boutique Hotels. On the contrary, it is pebble to coarase grade sand and it is fine if you want to save yourself the cost of buffing for a pedicure but not great underfoot otherwise. Other boats arrive on and off during the day but they are NOT a problem as they are kept off to one side of the beach. There are some walks into the hills & boat excursions & fishing but aside from that, there is nothing more to do here than relax and read.
That said, the food was absolutely fabulous and every evening the dining area was beautifully candle lit and decorated. People staying there eat together in the evening although separately on the patio in front of the beach during the day. Tea/coffee is brought to the casita in the early morning before breakfast.
Its possible that I would have enjoyed the whole experience more if I felt the casitas had been better cared for, especially in the cleaning of the bathroom. At times our bed wasn't even properly made & we couldn't use the upper level of our casita due to the wildlife annoyances. But people account for a large part of the travel experience and in that respect, Las Mahajuitas was a gem.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member