I stayed at the Club Regina vacation timeshare, (formally Westin), from Dec 26-Jan 1 and had a wonderful visit. We stayed in a 2 bd / 3 bath / living room, kitchen combo. The rooms were roomy and clean and we had an awesome balcony overlooking the pool and beach. We also had a jacuzzi (which i think all units have on the balcony). The bathrooms could use updating but besides that, no complaints...especially since there were 4 of us in the unit and 3 bathrooms.
I found everything at the hotel to be extremely reasonable...the buffet breakfast came out to around $11US, drinks and food at the hotel bar were much less then what you would pay at a normal Westin. I also thought the quality of food was above average.
As for beach and pool access, our group of 4 never had a problem finding chairs at the pool in the sun and shade. However, if you wanted to get chairs under the beach palapas, you had to get down to the beach rather early and claim your spot because they got snatched up rather quickly. We made sure to drop our stuff on beach days by 9-9:30AM.
Guests at Club Regina are also able to use the spa services at the Villa Vera across the street and it was hard to believe how inexpensive the prices were. I got an 80 min hot stone massage and my fiance got an 80 minute swedish massage for less than $90US each. The massages at the Westin were more than double the price. Not sure if the prices are so low because the facility is new and not too many people know about it...but now you know! So if you're staying at the Club..take advantage of it.
Besides that, the hotel is a close walk to the marina which has a ton of restaurants and a short cab ride into town...if I recall it came to $8US. Wonderful beach stay, relaxing and great fireworks on NYE. The whole sky was lit up by all of the hotels and places in town shooting off fireworks.
Only one negative I can think of was the internet was really bad. My blackberry didn't work at all in the hotel room... Wifi was free in the lobby but it was so slow that you couldn't do much. We had friends that had a hard time accessing a book on their Nook and my email access was spotty down there as well.
Overall, I would recommend this spot in PV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta offers hotel to two bedroom condos right on the beach in the hotel zone. Our pools, lush landscaping, beach, and the Bay all enhance your experience. Puerto Vallarta's beautiful beaches, rich biodiversity, and wealth of outdoor adventure attract tourists from around the world. Traverse Puerto Vallarta’s picturesque Malecon or Romantic Zone; browse the art, jewelry, and handcrafts at the Isla Rio Cuale market; hit the trails on an ATV; or soar through the canopy on a zip lining tour. There’s no shortage of ways to enjoy Puerto Vallarta – let Club Regina Puerto Vallarta be a part of your fantastic vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Club Regina Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Regina Puerto Vallarta