Club Regina Puerto Vallarta
  • Breakfast included
$257
$195
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$250
  • Beachfront
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$432
$140
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$375
$286
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$420
All reviewsmarina areagrand suitetime sharewestin hoteljuan manuelpull out sofavilla veraliving roomhot tub on the balconystove topthrough rcishort walk to the marinatimeshare ownersmaid service was excellentexchange ratepool baractivities staff
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 25, 2006

My wife and I own a timeshare for the Club Regina resorts. We have stayed at the Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta on three separate occasions and have had nothing but the best service, quality accomodations, excellent food at all of the resort restaurants, and found the rooms and facilities clean, well kept and at the highest 5 star level.

We are traveling to Puerto Vallarta for two weeks in September and October and have already booked out time at the Club. I can not imagine staying at any other facility in Puerto Vallarta. Cab service from the resort is excellent, public transportation stops in front of the hotel, the concierge service is excellent, arranged tour through the resort have always been as promised, and the Puerto Vallarta Marina, with countless excellent restaurants, is within a short walk.

I can and have recommend the Westin Club Regina to several friends who have stayed and subsequently purchased a time share with the resort.

Lastly, as a Catholic I thoroughly appreciate the fact that Sunday Mass services are made available to guests of the resort.

• Stayed: October 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mahwah, N. J.
Reviewed March 17, 2006

We returned two weeks ago from a three week vacation atr the Club Regina timeshare. We so enjoyed our stay that we've already arranged for a four week vacation next February 2007. The facilities were quite beautiful. The fitness center was very modern and complete. The three tennis courts, lighted for night tennis, were O.K., although they could use another court or two since one was reserved for the resident teaching pro. Our two room suite was more than ample, with a small kitchenette, two baths,hot tub on the balcony, and TV in each room. The staff was friendly and efficient. However, ask for a unit above the 6th floor for an ocean viiew (a little persistent complaining may be necessary to get what you want). The hotel restaurants are O.K. but a bit pricey, but there are plenty of very good and more reasonable places at the marina and in town. For 50 cents you can get a ride into the old town, but be prepared for a very bumpy ride. All in all the Club Regina is a first class resort and we will return next February.

• Stayed: February 2006
29  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2006

Stay away from this timeshare (Club Regina) I know you hear it all the time, but yet you figure you'll give it a try anyway. I was suckered in, but smart enough to ask how to cancel. But when I did cancel within the contract terms, they said I never did. So now I need a lawyer, what a nightmare. When we were at the Westin (I guess I think a lot less of them now), which is located right next to Club Regina, after we joined we asked a few of Club Regina's guests what they thought as members. After hearing nothing but bad things, such as never having availability, changing your rooms after your confirmation, treating you like a leper after you sign up, not to mention the price, we decided it wasn't for us and cancelled. The contract said where to send the cancellation letter, which we were later told we should not have sent it there. Someone from the Miner Club (parent company I believe) told us they recieved our letter and fowarded it to Club Regina. Club regina says the Miners Club has no record of our letter. They are a bunch of liars, stay away, for you sanity's sake. the worst vacation I have ever had, Don't go to Club Regina.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2005

My wife and I just returned from our trip to Club Regina in PV celebrating our twentieth anniversary. I can honestly say my wife, for the first time I can remember, did not want to come home. We loved the place.

Our room was on the 7th floor on the Club side (the hotel side does not have the suite nor the jacuzzi on the balcony). We had a full view of the Pacific and could hear the ocean waves each night as we went to bed. The weather in October was good, a little sticky in the cabs or bus as we went into town but certainly very bearable. The beach at the Club is very nice, it's not very deep but since it was October, it was not crowded at all. Very comfortable lounge chairs to use too. The pools were very nice, lushly landscaped and the pool bars are not far away. The pool drinks are on the pricey side but hey, you're on vacation! The restaurants are good but pricey also. I prefer to go into town to eat. Club Nikki is a pretty cool place, it wasn't too loud for us.

It is very easy to get to the Wal-Mart via bus. Taking the bus into PV is very easy but it takes about 20 minutes to get there (lots of stops). The cab is very easy, it takes half the time, and was only 30 pesos. We loved going into town, just walking along the sea wall, talking to all of the vendors. They are very friendly and if you try to speak a little spanish, they love it. The best location in my opinion to watch the sunset is La Gruta, a restaurant near the sculpture with a ladder in it. Great food, very friendly staff, easy going atmosphere.

We basically went there to just slow down, read books, drink margaritas, shop. What a great vacation....we're heading back as soon as we can.
PS, we only found the marina walk way the day before we left, try it, it has lots of food options and nice shops that overlook the yachts in the marina.

Don't worry about the Mayan Palace guys, just keep smiling, say "no gracias" and keep going. I actually stopped and talked to them a couple of times and while they can be pushy, they were really nice guys in the end.

Go and enjoy yourself!

• Stayed: October 2005
79  Thank Jody_E7727
Toronto
Reviewed July 11, 2005

My husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta with our friends who own a time share at Club Regina. It was our first trip to Mexico.
I have read all the reviews before we left and had mixed feelings not knowing what to expect. I am happy to say I was not disappointed in any way.
The hotel was beautiful, very clean, room with a large balcony and jacuzzi with excellent view of the ocean and the marina (11th floor), 4 large pools and a nice size beach front. Ocean water very warm and clean.
The kids had a great time as there is lots to do by the pools, playground and kids club.
Cabs to town are inexpensive and the place was very safe. Senior Frog's in the evenings-great fun!
Also, Victor's restaurant by the marina had good, cheap food, $1 for a Corona and free tequilla shots!
Staff at the hotel very friendly and helpfull.
Little tip, drinks at the hotel are expensive, so for all fellow Canadians-do yourself a favour and buy the oversize Tim Horton's coffe mugs, buy beer in town and you can keep it in the mug by the pool (lasts all day)!!
Would love to go back anytime!!!

• Stayed: June 2005