North of Puero Vallarta is the 'suburb' of Nuevo Vallarta and that area has its own character and charm. The main Marina and Harbor is located there, so anyone that cruises, is probably familiar with this part of town.
Among the resorts there is the Raintree-Club Regina, on the shores of Vallarta Bay and within walking distance or the shops, restaurants, and boat dock about 20 minutes away. The Club Regina, at first blush, is a beautiful location with well kept and gourgeous landscaping. The views of the Bay and Puerto Vallarta are spectacular and provides for some unbelievable sunsets.!
We traded some RCI/Wyndham points to stay here for an extra couple of days after a business trip to Secrets Vallarta Bay (reviewed in another article) to extend our time in Mexico and away from damp cold of Michigan. Upon arrival, the staff was helpful with our luggage and getting us to registration for check-in. Once there, Ramon was on the job and is without a doubt he is the best and that is why he is out front. He accommodated our every request, later and not just at check in, and was pro-active in suggesting restaurants and activities while we were there.
The pool and garden area was magnificent. The restaurants and buffets were very good and the deli was well stocked and offered a nice variety of items. Easily, you could spend your entire time at the resort and never go any where else, but you would miss out on all the other stuff to see and do in this area.
However, with all the great things, it must be pointed out that the condos are in need of repair or replacement. The furniture in the one-bedroom/two bath units was old and not very comfortable. The square footage of the unit did not allow for a lot of room to spread out. Like the kitchen/dining/living area was so crowded that I had to re-arrange the furniture to get around the area easily. The balcony had a fantastic view of Vallarta Bay and the Nuevo Vallarta area to the north, but the again this area was crowded and half of it was taken up by the small (hardly room for two) hot tub. The bedroom was more roomy and had separate access to the balcony but the sitting area was jammed in the corner so as to be able to get to the door out on the balcony. One good thing was the closet space was ample and more than enough for the week's worth of clothing we brought along.
The worst of the unit was the two bathrooms. The wall were damaged, the tub/shower enclosures were bad and needed to be replaced. There was mildew evident (although this area is humid and that is not something that can be easily controlled) and the lighting was not very good.
Another dissapointment was the work being done on one of the pools. Apparently something major since it involved jack-hammers and a lot of material being removed by wheel-barrows. It was not being done on the weekend (thankfully) but started at 9:00 AM on Monday morning and continued until about 5:00 PM. We never did find out what exactly was wrong but it reduced the amount of 'pool space' by half. The Westin next door was not available to guests of Club Regina without a cost. Apparently this was all one resort in the past but there was a messy separation that resulted in the invisible wall going up between the properties.
Don't get me wrong, we very much enjoyed our time there and all the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The food at the different restaurants was very good and the cost were in line with resorts like this. The pool area was beautiful if not truncated by the construction and the beach area was nice even with the gift hawks looking for any tourist to buy their wares.
Club Regina may be worth another visit if they get the pools done and the rooms upgraded and repaired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta offers hotel to two bedroom condos right on the beach in the hotel zone. Our pools, lush landscaping, beach, and the Bay all enhance your experience. Puerto Vallarta's beautiful beaches, rich biodiversity, and wealth of outdoor adventure attract tourists from around the world. Traverse Puerto Vallarta’s picturesque Malecon or Romantic Zone; browse the art, jewelry, and handcrafts at the Isla Rio Cuale market; hit the trails on an ATV; or soar through the canopy on a zip lining tour. There’s no shortage of ways to enjoy Puerto Vallarta – let Club Regina Puerto Vallarta be a part of your fantastic vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Club Regina Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Regina Puerto Vallarta