This was our 6th trip to Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta. Overall a beautiful resort with very friendly staff and clean rooms. We were pleased to see renovations underway and our units (we rented 3 - 2 bedroom suites) had newly remodeled kitchens. The grounds are well kept with nicely manicured landscaping.
We love the service at the conceirge desk. Virna and Fabiola are fantastic and have never steared us wrong with restaurant recommendations or assisting us with day trip planning.
On the downside, the front desk staff has never been accomodating when requesting room changes. Being our 6th time, with the exception of the first time upgrade with the purchase of the timeshare, we have never been able to secure a higher floor with ocean view. We usually reserve 3- 4 units with each visit (always bringing a large group with us). When the resort is full, we understand luck of the draw, but on this last visit, the resort was not near capacity, yet the front desk and manager refused to budge on giving us an ocean view room. We had an additional 1 bedroom suite we ended up not being able to use at the last minute (and too late for refund), and the manager was unwilling to give us anything for not using it. We had asked for an extra late check out on 1 room in exchange for not using the 1 bedroom suite for the entire week, and he refused. Again, with less than full capacity it just seemed wrong to accomodate us with this request, especially since our rooms were not cleaned before 3 pm on any given day.
Another complaint is the apparent management wars between the Westin and Club Regina. This trip we were forced to wear "Blue bracelets" to identify us as club members versus hotel guests. Also disappointed to see a "parameter fence" in place to seperate the two properties, which previously was blended without borders. We hated the "them" versus "us" feel. No longer able to charge hotel restaurant to our club regina room; and hotel guests were forced to "cash only" at the club pool bar. The local economic stresses were apparent this stay (compared to previous visits) and it seemed a shame to further restrict economic trade between the 2 facilities.
Worth mentioning was our difficulty getting a restfull night's sleep. Being on a lower level unit, we suffered from loud chirping from sunset to sunrise every night. At first we thought they were birds, but later found out they were frogs in the planter areas outside our doors. Would be interested if the noise would be as annoying on the higher floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta offers hotel to two bedroom condos right on the beach in the hotel zone. Our pools, lush landscaping, beach, and the Bay all enhance your experience. Puerto Vallarta's beautiful beaches, rich biodiversity, and wealth of outdoor adventure attract tourists from around the world. Traverse Puerto Vallarta’s picturesque Malecon or Romantic Zone; browse the art, jewelry, and handcrafts at the Isla Rio Cuale market; hit the trails on an ATV; or soar through the canopy on a zip lining tour. There’s no shortage of ways to enjoy Puerto Vallarta – let Club Regina Puerto Vallarta be a part of your fantastic vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Club Regina Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Regina Puerto Vallarta