“best place to buy gifts in Puerto Vallarta”
Review of Lucy's CuCu Cabana

Lucy's CuCu Cabana
Ranked #2 of 111 Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucy's CuCu Cabana is a unique shop specializing in hand-picked, high-quality, authentic Mexican folk-art. Lucy and Gil travel all over Mexico for several months every year searching for original pieces. All of their merchandise is purchased directly from the artisans at fair prices. They have been in business for twenty years. Lucy's will be closed from May 1 to October 20 while the owners go on their annual shopping trip.
Toronto/PV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“best place to buy gifts in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed April 11, 2007

This little shop on Basilla Basilia has got to be the most charming place to drop in and look around for treasures especially for gifts, (tho have ended up keeping most of my loot for myself). Lucy and Gil are usually around to chat with if you have any questions on any items. I always seem to find something quite different and small enough for a visitor to fit in their luggage. This is a TREASURE of a
place and has been here forever, just across from Steves Pub so my husband can wait without complaining while I take my time to browse.

5 Thank PVIssy

Pittsburgh, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Where I chose to buy my art”
Reviewed April 9, 2007

When I go on a trip I usually spend a few hundred dollars on a nice piece of art. My goal on this trip was to find a piece of mexican folk art. Lucy's has lots of reasonably priced folk art and the owners are lovley. I purchase several pieces of colorful Oxaca (sp??) carved wooden animals. They make great gifts are are very unique. An easy place to find a nice souvenier and the prices are right on target.

3 Thank pthal
Kensington, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Check it out!”
Reviewed January 2, 2005

If you are in PV, you should definitely go to Lucy's. It is a small but lovely shop of mexican folk-art with very friendly, helpful owners and salespeople. I saw a wonderful rug there, but hesitated to buy and when I went back, it had been sold. I was so disappointed that the helpful person working there called the owner, who had 2 more by that artist in the warehouse. She brought them in that evening and I ended up buying one (also a beautiful silver bracelet). In addition, they gave us recommendations for a simple, delicious, non-touristy restaurant and place for desert. Friendly people and beautiful things!

8 Thank Emily182015