“Murky green water for scuba”
Review of Los Arcos

Snorkel Los Arcos departing Puerto Vallarta
San Jose, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Murky green water for scuba”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

An interesting landmark, but nothing special. We did some scuba diving in the area in April and the visibility was not very good. Supposedly, other times in the year, the visibility is much better. However, there was not many interesting fish to see in that area.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hamster B

Marana, Arizona, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Frigate birds!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

One of the major reasons I wanted to go to Los Arcos was to see the frigate birds roosting. We saw them from the road close to them and then from the beach in Mismaloya. We were immediately hit up by someone who wanted to take us to Los Arcos for $25 each. Snorkeling equipment included and one hour out there. This probably would have been wonderful, but my husband and I didn't plan to spend long there and did not have our swimsuit, so we decided we could see well enough from the beach and did not pay the $50. Next time I am in PV, this will be one of my must-dos.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Crystal H
Kansas City, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Easy to get to by an abundance of water taxis in port for about $15. Find a guide that speaks English, which is easy to do. After your tour of the beaches, they will drop you at a beach side restaurant for a meal or just snacks and cocktails. Walk back to port or catch a cab to see the city.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank KCChaCha
Victoria, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rough Seas”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked a snorkeling excursion here and ended up snorkeling for about 15 minutes total. The seas were choppy and you can't see the bottom. Just some fish and some beers. It was a good boat ride, we saw sea turtles and a few wild dolphins once we were way out into the bay. The tour did not offer fins which for me is a major loss. I feel more at home in the water with fins and i certainly would never think of snorkeling with a LIFEJACKET but they required it. Meh... It was a bad day for snorkeling overall, but I wouldn't mind trying again sometime. I've had better snorkeling in Haleiwa, Oahu.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank NoNameCanadian
Phoenix, Arizona
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Awesome place to snorkle”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

No matter which boat tour you take, you will really enjoy snorkeling at Los Arcos. The water is very nice, the caves are fun, and we had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

Visited October 2013