“Margaritas, beer and coconut shrimp”
Review of Mr. Pulpo - CLOSED

Mr. Pulpo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed in a hotel close to this restaurant and therefore gave it a try. It is non assuming looking from the outside. We had already tried other places prior to this one.
My husband had a beer, the same everywhere really. I tried the mango margarita which was very large and delicious. They also gave us a dish of fried tortillas and salsa while we were waiting for our meal.
We each had a dish of coconut shrimp, the shrimp was coated with coconut and fried. It was served with rice, beans and salad. We really enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our second trip this year. Great service and some interesting seafood , not just you fish fillet , crab claws are great, many items not found in all places .Very interesting cocktail specials.
I will keep going back

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The grilled octopus 'Greek style' was the most memorable food I had at a restaurant in PV (street food aside). I had never tried it before but was assured I would enjoy it and I did! So much so that I returned almost daily to consume 'pulpo'!!! I also tried the coconut shrimp but wasn't thrilled with it. The lobster was out of this world. Stuffed with shrimp, octopus, scallops and crab and covered with a creamy cheese sauce. Again, I had not tried spiny lobster (they have no claws) and had wanted to try but was scared because of the high prices. My friend from Mexico City surprised me and ordered it for us to share. I highly recommend it, worth the price. Super tender and sweet.

I look forward to my return trip to PV in March and plan to frequent Mr. Pulpo as often as I can! Truly loves this place. Highly recommend you try when in PV.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I read all the reviews before I wrote this one and as someone else wrote I really wanted to like this restaurant. My order came out a little different then what I ordered but they readily made it right, I think the problem was the language barrier.
The staff were very friendly and to their credit they asked how everything was after the meal. I had a soft shell crab burger and "sizzling garlic shrimp."
The soft shell crab was too salty and didn't have much of a taste. The portion of the shrimp was large but when it was described as "sizzling garlic shrimp" I thought it would come on a platter sizzling off the grill but instead was served to me in a bowl swimming in butter and sauce. Was a bit bland I didn't finish them all.
Another problem was the cost. I thought the price was expensive for the food I got.
My meal and experience was a solid two stars but I'm giving this place three stars and giving them the benifit of the doubt that maybe their other offerings are a little better. I don't like to give two stars to a place on just one visit and service was ok.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a birthday dinner here and it was great. Great food, great service. We ordered many items off the menu and everyone's dinner was very tasty. Good value, although we spent a lot with all the items sampled, no one left hungry. There was even live music and the woman came and sang happy birthday to our birthday girl. Nice experience overall and would return.