Hubby and I just returned from Dreams PV where we had another wonderful holiday. Lovely resort, not too fancy but clean, quaint and in a perfect spot on the ocean. The Sierra Madre mountains are a beautiful backdrop and Banderas Bay has picturesque sunsets every evening.The week was uneventful and we were just content to relax and veg out on our beach loungers. The weather all week was perfect. Cool in the evenings and in the mornings until the sun comes over the mountains but sunny and hot during the day.
We were in the preferred tower on the second floor. Lovely well appointed rooms with a gorgeous bathroom and a very comfy bed. I had requested a room on a higher floor in our category in a room without a jacuzzi which goes as high as the fifth floor but none were available. No problem though as all rooms have amazing views no matter how high or rather how low you are. We could open our drapes in the morning and from our bed see the waves crashing on the shore through the palm fronds. Incredible. Concha our maid was very attentive all week keeping out room clean and our mini fridge was well stocked all week with water. Turn down service was a nice touch. The only thing that I would have liked was a CD player but then again if you have your balcony door open you would not be able to hear it very well over the sound of the waves.
The waves, huge, roaring, sand-sucking, beautiful, kept me awake the first night but then lulled me to sleep every night after. It was a little too rough to swim in the ocean and only on our last day did they seem a little calmer. However, the water was warm and the sand is nicely maintained. Shell seekers might find a few small shells in front of Oceana where I found a couple of nice ones.
If you are in the preferred tower you have Internet access in the lobby on their computers for free ( 15 minute limit and there are only two) and to call home you can purchase a phone card in the gift shop for 100 pesos ( gives you 20 minutes of talk time) and use the phones by the travel representatives desks ( Telmex) and call home.
Food and drinks were delicious. Lots of places to eat and as usual, attentive friendly service everywhere. A special mention for Christopher at the World Cafe at breakfast, Fernando on the beach serving me my Mango Margaritas, Jose Luis and Cirillo (sp) at Oceana and Seaside Grill, Alma, Marilyn and Angeles, Ramon and Martin in Portofino, Alehandro at the pool bar. Carlos in entertainment. Amazing folks!!
We went into town a couple of times to sight see, shop and eat. Once to the Cheeky Monkey and to the Vista Grill. The Cheeky Monkey is a must do if you go to town and the Vista Grill is worth the trip as well. ( See my reviews ) The town center has a wonderful old catholic church which we visited and it is so beautiful inside. The shops along the streets off the Malecon have sales folks that are not as pesky and pushy and the prices are better. I got three shell necklaces for 120 pesos and a T Shirt for 150 pesos. Very cheap. Taxis are everywhere and are an economical mode of transportation. We did the Rhythms of the Night tour and I was so sea sick. Don't do this if you are prone to getting sick in a boat because it was brutal!! Even after I took Gravol well before. Otherwise, hubby enjoyed the food and the show.
I have one negative comment. What this place is lacking is a nice pool that you can swim in. Even though we are beach people it is nice to have a refreshing pool to swim in late afternoon for a few laps. And I don't think children should be allowed to go to the swim up bar and at that time of day especially as there are a lot of loud mouthed hammered adults around. Not a good thing.
All in all we had a nice week and were glad to visit this side of Mexico and it is very different from the Mayan Riviera and Cancun but the not so in the service and the friendliness and hospitality of the Mexican people. I am not sure if we would return although I would highly recommend Dreams Resort and Spa for sure.
Happy travels everybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel