“Dreams do come true.......” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Dreams do come true.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

I just finished booking what will be our third visit to Dreams Puerto Vallarta, we will be returning in October. Our first time to stay was in October of 2008, and we returned in May of 2009. I usually don't return to the same place year after year on vacation, however I absolutely fell in love with Puerto Vallarta and this resort.
We booked a Jacuzzi Suite in the new tower on our first trip, and watching pelicans circle around while lounging in your jacuzzi, is very relaxing and it quickly spoiled me to having a jacuzzi, so of course I rebooked the jacuzzi suite. (On our first trip our only complaint was the beds were hard and the furnishings were definitely in need of an update, however this last trip the remodel of the tower was complete and the furnishings and beds are very much in line with what you would expect at a luxury resort.)

My daughter and a friend stayed in the older tower due to price, but with the exception of the dated furnishings had an exceptional stay there as well, especially the room service!!!

The turtle release on our first trip was a definite plus and created a remarkable first time experience.

Our May trip did not have any turtle releases however the manta rays playing in the surf was quite fun to watch.

I cannot stress how good the service and food are at this resort, I have been to other all inclusives in Mexico (Carribbean side) and this resort exceeds the others in service and quality by a long haul.

Puerto Vallarta's culture, art galleries, "excursions" and other off site activities make it a fun place to visit any time of year.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank JOlyn2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
colorado springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

OK, first of all this review is a little overdue. We were married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta last June. I cannot say anything be great things about the resort/staff. Everyone was awesome and the wedding coordinator (Rebeca Gonzales) provided over the top service to made sure everyone was happy. The food, flowers, cake, ceremony, decor and photos were perfect. This was our 2nd time to this resort and we will be going back in June for our anniversary. All I can say is "Amazing"!
Any questions you have you can reach me at [--]
Best of Luck!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coloradotravelers7
Nanaimo, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

Had a wonderful stay for a friends wedding. The reviews are accurate the beach is wonderful....waves are like a lullaby at night if you like that . Beach is great, drinks are yummy and we like the food......The one thing we did not think was very good was the check in. First and Foremost Bride and Grooms do not want double beds before or after the wedding. Almost every guest in our group of 22 were given double beds. They were not able to change this until the next night. I feel that if you are organizing and bringing all this business to their hotel they should a) be prepared for the Bride and Grooms Arrival and b) straighten out the rooms right there and then...not wait till the next day for every single person. I have passed this on to our travel agent and hopefully management will consider more attention to detail with regards to this. Other people have commented and apparently Dreams Los Cabos is the only Dreams resort that really pays attention to the details with regards to Bride and Grooms.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Goldenbear10
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

First, I want to get all the other items out of the way that had nothing to do with Dreams Puerto Vallarta. Just things that made the trip what it was. I did not include them into my rating of the resort.
1. Itravel2000...We booked the trip for 3 families through them, 2 from Saskatoon, Canada and 1 from Ottawa, Canada. Indira made sure everything we wanted was done for us. There were a couple problems like mix-up on the ages of the kids, but she fixed them quickly. She followed up with us right up to the last day.
2. Sunwing...Well, generally they were good. We got the Premium plus package that allowed us to reserve our seats, get extra leg room, get extra baggage allowance (30 Kg.), priority boarding (didn't happen, but was supposed to), and a few other extras. Was definately worth the extra cost.
3. The Weather... Great in PV, Terrible return.
4. Taxi's and Buses... Great. super service, as usual. Taxi: 60 pesos Dreams to Malacon, Bus: 6 pesos Dreams to Downtown.
5. PV Airport...I really think it is time the Airport authority restricted or (better yet!!) removed the time-share sharks. They are a serious blight to a beautiful city. I am not kidding, something has to be done if tourism means anything to the economy! I talked to so many people who have said that the time-share sharks are about the only thing that they hate about this city. What does that tell you?
6. The Malacon...So clean, scenic and people-friendly. It doesn't matter the time of day (or evening), safe, secure and friendly. Again, the only blight is the time-share sharks. sigh.

Now, on to Dreams and our holiday.
We arrived to a chilled glass of champaign, cool towels, and smiles. All three families are iprefer members. The other two wanted to upgrade to the preferred tower and, as there was nothing available through iprefer, they paid a reasonable fee for the upgrade. With 2 kids each, they got rooms on the penthouse floor and the one just below it. Super view, lots of space for the family. They were very pleased with the upgrade, both said it was worth the
price. They were happy with the internet in the room. I was thrilled with my room in the club (dreams) tower. Room 1111: ground floor, grass patio with lounge chairs, great view and location was perfect. What a joy to wake up to the crashing of the waves in the morning. I got 1/2 hr. free nternet per day as an iprefer benefit. I had to go to the main lobby, but it wasn't a problem. Shortly after we arrived at our room, there was a knock on the door. We opened it to a smiling waiter with a complimentary fruit tray. We thanked him, closed the door and within 5 minutes another one came with a complimentary bottle of Tequila. We still don't quite know why.

Dreams PV has a great security system. No bracelets are required. Everyone who comes into the resort are signed in. If you go shopping or whatever, the staff documents your coming and going.

There are 5 restaurants, all top-notch, no reservations required. My favorite was the oceanic, you must have the spanish coffee, OMG. great. The World Cafe has super food, something for everyone. The food really is fantastic, especially for an all-inclusive. Others have said that they would pay high prices for the meals at Dreams. I would beleave that. But don't be in a hurry for your meals at the ala cart restaurants, remember the mexican minute can last a very long time.

The various "theme" nights were, in fact, disappointing. This is one place that Dream's fall short of the mark. The entertainment crew was great, but the evening entertainment was not. Carlos was awesome, and I really mean that. My very shy 3 year old granddaughter fell in love with him (he is a dad, himself, and truly enjoyed the hugs from my granddaughter) The beach vollyball was great, I saw many people doing water aerobics, scuba lessons, salsa dance lessons and other organized activities. Movies on the beach or by the pool is a cop out. A cheap substitute for real entertainment. That is even more disappointing because it is virtually a "captive" audience." You have to take a cab to go anywhere in the evenings.

The 4 kids that were in our group (two 3-year-olds and two 5-year-olds) loved the Explorer's club, especially the older boys. They made many things there (pinatas, sand castles, cookies), they sang, dances, watched movies, made friends and had people who really like kids to watch over them. We felt very confident with the club. You had to sign the kids in and out and they give you a pager, no adults allowed, great, caring supervision and generally fun. The kids loved it there. The monkey dance was great.

The service is one of the things that make this the best place in PV to stay, in my opinion. From the front end to the cleaning crew to the entertainment troupe to the maintanance crew to the restaurant staff, etc, etc. These people really know how to make you feel special. And tipping had very little to do with it. One example was when I was walking to an elevator and there was a lady washing the floor there. She stopped what she was doing, smiled at me and walked to the elevator to press the button. Just like that. I was so suprised and impressed. I wish I would have gotten her name as she really deserves recognition.

The other big draw is the beach. No doubt that this is the best beach in all of PV. I bet that when the waves are gentle it would be an awesome place to swim. But, personally, I enjoyed the majesty of the huge waves. They took your breath away. But dangerous if you are a novice.

The staff were constantly improving someting. Whether it was sweeping the poolside, raking the beach, pruning the beautiful plants or cleaning the room.

To all the people who say that the front desk staff are rude or unwilling to help, I say that me and my family had no problems. They were so helpful. There was nothing that I requested that they did not try to help with. Sometimes, as with room upgrades, it is not possible but they tell you so very pleasantly. Also, we exchanged dollars to pesos regularly and not once had any issues with wrong change.

I have itemized other thing that make Dreams PV The best:
1. More choices of Brand name beverages than any other AI
2. Best choice for children's club (3 years up)
3. Friendliest service from all levels of staff
4. Argueably the best food for an AI in all of Mexico
5. Greatest, best-maintained, "private" beach in PV.
6. Daily letter under the door with the info about the day's activities, when, where, etc,

Now the things that need attention:
1. Evening entertainment needs to improve.
ummm, well, that's about it.

I would like to mention a few people who have made this trip as enjoyable as it was:
Salvador, bartender at the marlin bar on the beach who always had a smile and remembered exactly what we wanted.
Maria at the world Cafe who made the best omlettes just the way I wanted it.
Joaquin at the front desk who made us feel so welcome and helped with everything we wanted
Jessica from the Explorers Club who made my 4 grandkids feel welcome and special
Carlos from the Entertainment crew who loved the hugs from my little grandaughter.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank peggy m
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

We totally enjoyed this resort! The setting is unbelievably beautiful, the rooms are very attractive, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the food was amazing. We also especially enjoyed the beach night with live band and dancing, as well as the Mexican Fiesta which was very spectacular. Another plus was the 5 minute cab ride to any downtown nightclub or other downtown locations. We will definitely be going back! It was a terrific holiday at a super wonderful place!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mexicofans2010
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

Awesome beach, great all inclusive resort. Food was fresh and of good quality. Great place for family. Away from traffic and downtown Puerta Vallart, yet only a 5 minute cab ride to great shopping and eating.

Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuanadaisy
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

Excellent location, exactly what we were looking for. Rest and relaxtion in a luxurious setting.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple