I'll keep it short and sweet:
Location-couldn't be better. Close to town (a 7 minute, $4 cab ride) but feels like an isolated, private beach resort. Great family resort.
Staff-Were all very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff were great, especially Oscar. The restaurant staff were also excellent, particularly Eduardo at breakfast in the World Cafe.
Food-Top-notch, and we travel 4-5 times a year, internationally and like to eat. The clam chowder in the Oceana Restaurant was very tasty as was the Shrimp. The food at the Mexican Fiesta was authentic and very good. One young woman made churros while I watched, and ate, of course. The breakfast at the World Cafe was plentiful and had a variety of offerings including mexican specialities, sausage, bacon, waffles, french toast, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and juice and lots of pastries(chocolate croissants!). Your waiter will bring you expresso and other coffee drinks if you ask. The mango juice was unbelievable! At lunch, try the coconut ice cream.
Rooms were spacious, if a little plain. Just the kind of thing you want in an active resosrt atmosphere. I didn't have to worry about the wet bathing suits and towels ruining the furniture. Our room was located on the 4th floor in the Tower building and had a great view of the beach. Very clean and good maid service. Plenty of hot water and big towels.
On the issue of tipping: please tip, even though it's all-inclusive. The staff works hard to make your vacation memorable.
My only suggestion is that the Tour Office offer a snorkling/diving trip to Los Arcos. We had to arrange our trips in town. We went twice with Chico's Dive Shop. The visibility was 60 feet. I forgot I was in the Pacific! Go early in the morning and avoid the crowds.
We're already planning a return visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel