“I am Dreaming of going back to Dreams”

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #12 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
“I am Dreaming of going back to Dreams”
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Dreams Puerto Vallarta has been one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever been on! When you arrive to the resort you are greeted by a glass of champagne and a cool cloth to clean up, and everything from then on went smoothly.
The rooms are spacious and clean with a beautiful view, even if you don't have a balcony, the large windows open to an incredible ocean breeze. We would sleep every night with the windows open to hear the crashing of the waves. It was wonderful.
The food was the best food I have ever had at an all-inclusive resort. We both enjoyed every meal. The waitstaff was wonderful. Every time our drinks got close to being empty they were bringing another!
We loved the canopy tour! I am afraid of heights, and I made it through. It was unbelievable. The view is beautiful, and the guides were wonderful. I would defintely go again.
You really don't need to leave the resort if you choose not to! Everything was wonderful, even when it rained a group of us sat in the hot tub and had drinks!
We are tryig to plan another trip back with a group of friends and family we enjoyed it so much!

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,574)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
alhambra, ca
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Let me get the one bad comment out of the way. The king size bed we got was hard. Nevertheless, thank god for Angela, the message therapist, in the hotel spa. She is a dream. Our room was in the older tower. Nothing fancy, but very clean. Never ran out of hot water while showering like we do at home and our cleaning people really appreciated the tips. One day she put flowers all over the bathroom. Another day she put out a real bath mat. They kept the mini bar stocked with our favorite drinks, Coke Light (aka Diet Coke) and water. My husband and I are not beer drinkers. Loved the food at the buffet and El patio and Sea Side Grill. Never waited more than a couple of minutes to be seated. No wristbands needed or reservations. The waiters were very friendly and anxious to give us the inside scoop of PV. Albert, the activity director goes out of his way to keep people busy, if you want to. Theme nights in the sports bar were fun too. It's not dingy at all like I read in some previous reviews. The beach is cleaned every morning. Easy access to the palapas and towels. Even the bathrooms by the pool are very nice. Always clean and stocked. The sand is like powders. Just beautiful. The excursion tours were great and there are two private companies at the hotel to help you book them. I liked that the hotel was not in town so you could really rest after a day in the jungle. We loved PV all together and we are already saving to go back next year. Maybe we'll upgrade to a jr suite.

17 Thank rshaua
Milpitas, California
Reviewed June 16, 2005

We would never forget this place and hope to go back soon. We stayed there for five days in a junior suite with Jacuzzi at the Dreams Club tower. The view was magnificent! We were greeted with a bottle of champagne in our room since we’re celebrating our first anniversary. There were two swans that were kissing on the king size bed! They were made with towels and the lady swan had flower petals decorating her dress. The bathrobe and slippers were a very nice touch.

The room was very clean and spacious. There were two sinks that are very helpful. The bathroom area was small but adequate. The mini bar was restocked everyday. The mattress was firm but we did not have problem falling asleep or taking naps at all!

The ground was beautiful and enough lounge chairs for every guest since it is low season. The fountain at the main lobby with the traditional star-shaped lights are very romantic.

We ate at the Seaside Grill, the World Café and Oceana and find their food to be at least tasty and fresh. We loved the shrimps and had it everyday. There were plenty of choices at the buffet. The seafood we had at Oceana was always fresh. Loved their pina coladas. We ordered room service twice and were very pleased with the food (steak!).

We also enjoyed a romantic dinner at the beach that was awesome! Felipe was our waiter who tended to us all night exclusively. The setting was romantic and we enjoyed our lobster and champagne dinner ALOT! The evening was overcast but we managed to see the sunset. My husband kept saying that this dinner was better than our reception dinner!

People there went high and above to serve their guests. Our drinks were refilled promptly, our dirty dishes removed in lightning speed, always with a smile. Martin at the bell service was very resourceful and speaks good English.

The hotel private beach was very safe. Although the water was rough, the sand was finer than what we find at the Waikiki Beach.

The hotel is only 10 minutes ride to Zone Romantica ($4 or 40 pesos) and 35 minutes to the airport ($10).

We enjoyed every single moment at Dreams. Thanks to all the Tripadvisor users' advice/reviews that took us to Dreams.

25 Thank beejerry
arkansas
Reviewed June 15, 2005

We just returned from a week at Dreams and wish that we were still there. The resort was so picturesque that simply looking out over the ocean from our balcony was the ultimate satisfaction. The construction has long been completed and the firmness of the beds is over exaggerated. We slept in splender in a king size bed with down pillows and a cozy comforter. Stayed on the 2nd floor of the Club Tower and would recommend it over the Main Tower though both are great. All rooms have wonderous ocean views and prepare to be lulled to sleep by the crashing surf. The beach was clean and white (they raked it every morning) and the water was warm with no jellyfish. We swam in the ocean everyday, riding the waves and enjoying the water. It's not tranquil like the Caribbean and was a little rough at times but this didn't bother us. We got massages at the spa and they were pretty good. Didn't use the gym but it appeared to be more than adequate. Service was top of the line and a little tipping goes a long way from the maids to the bellboys to the waiters. The food was so good that we didn't feel the need to eat out in PV. Best guacomole we ever had, lots of seafood, grilled steaks and fresh exotic fruits. The homemade desserts were heavenly and plentiful. We did the breakfast and lunch buffets everyday and walked away from the table totally satiated. The drinks were endless and always cold. Corona was on tap in the bars. My wife, a teetotaler had a great virgin pina colada on the beach everyday. Check out the coconut guy on the beach. He'll crack you a coconut, pour in your choice of drink,mix it , insert two straws, a flower and you're on your own.
Check in was easy as a glass of champagne was handed to us the moment we steppped out of the cab. The entertainment at night was fun. Alberto , the MC and activities director was great! Our Spanish was limited though it didn't matter, everyone spoke English and took the US dollar. We had a great vacation booked through Travel Impressions. The price was right and all the connections and tranfers were smooth. Can't wait to go back!

29 Thank katwood
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2005

My husband and I just returned from our vacation at Dreams. We stayed June 9-12 for a short getaway trip. Our vacation at Dreams couln't have been better. It is a very relaxing environment and the hotel was very nice and well kept. The beach was really the most beautiful part of the trip with the mountains meeting the beach you feel like your surrounded by beauty. The beach is very secluded with no other hotels (or people from other resorts) to share the beach with. Since we were there in off season we didn't have any problems with overcrowding or lack of service. There were plenty of chairs available at the beach and the pools were extremely nice, especially the infinity pool which has the most comfortable lounge chairs and extends out so you can see the ocean from the pool. Get to this pool early to reserve a chair because it's the best pool and space is limited.

The food at this all inclusive resort is very good compared to some all inclusives I've stayed at. They have a large variety to choose from and everything was good. If you tip the service well, they will keep a never ending supply of drinks coming your way. Service was great, but I believe in tipping so that may have helped.

The only thing I could say negative about this hotel is the beds were a bit too firm for my taste, but overall the rooms were very spacious (we stayed in a junior club suite) and the views were amazing from our large balcony.

This was a very nice place and I would definitely go back again. We had a very good time at Dreams.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Visited Dreams with Wife and had excellent time.

Hotel Staff was friendly and food was equal to what we expected and often times exceeded our expectations. Yes, there is a next level of luxury and comfort in terms of 'All Inclusive" but thats not fair to Dream.

For the money you can beat Dreams. And we would definitely visit again. We had visited Puerto Vallarta prior to and it's now on our list to return.

Rooms were comfortable and clean. A huge plus; each room has a DVD Player. The Restaraunts had good food and good variety.

The Ocean and Beach were clean, but warning this 'Playa' is not for beginner swimmers. A strong background in Aquatics/Ocean swimming is recommended.

For North Americans, don't expect the Hotel Staff to 'kiss your butt'. Hotel workers are proud, experienced and professional. Knowing some working 'Spanish'' always helps and don't be the 'ugly American'.

Anyway, just my two cents. Sure there are better places but for money it's excellent Value.

Blade_Runner

16 Thank blade_runner2019
uk
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Everything was great at Dreams, but I think some of the waiters aren't familiar with the concept ALL-INCLUSIVE. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the staff did deserve a tip (which I didn't mind giving), but not everytime I turn around. One example was in one of the restaurants, we had finished eating when I noticed I had only 20 dollar bills, and if you ask for change they'll give you Pesos. Since the resort is ALL-INCLUSIVE (taxes and gratuities) I didn't feel obligated to leave a tip. After the meal I went to the restroom unaware my waiter was behind me and proceeded to give me and my friends a drop-dead look. Like I said, I don't mind giving tips, but if I'm staying at an ALL-INCLUSIVE resort the staff should be made aware that taxes and GRATUITIES are included. Other than that, it was EXCELLENT! Food was great, rooms & view were great, and the grounds were fantastic. I definitely WILL be going back in the future.

13 Thank redarmy