$600
$244
$199
$184
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$613
$270
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
$121
  • Beachfront
$140
$120
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$316
$183
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
$89
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

8,726 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerturtle releaserock climbingjungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Everything was great at Dreams, but I think some of the waiters aren't familiar with the concept ALL-INCLUSIVE. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the staff did deserve a tip (which I didn't mind giving), but not everytime I turn around. One example was in one of the restaurants, we had finished eating when I noticed I had only 20 dollar bills, and if you ask for change they'll give you Pesos. Since the resort is ALL-INCLUSIVE (taxes and gratuities) I didn't feel obligated to leave a tip. After the meal I went to the restroom unaware my waiter was behind me and proceeded to give me and my friends a drop-dead look. Like I said, I don't mind giving tips, but if I'm staying at an ALL-INCLUSIVE resort the staff should be made aware that taxes and GRATUITIES are included. Other than that, it was EXCELLENT! Food was great, rooms & view were great, and the grounds were fantastic. I definitely WILL be going back in the future.

13  Thank redarmy
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Stayed at Dreams Jun 1-6 and had the most relaxing trip. Maybe because it's the start of off-season, but it did not feel crowded at all. No wait for anything, food, towels, pool chairs, taxis.

The grounds are beautiful and private. It really felt like your own private beach. Views from the junior suite in the dreams tower were spectacular. Crashing ocean waves at night were soooo soothing. Bed firm but very comfortable. Cool marble floors felt great on bare feet!

Food was good, although we didn't eat dinner at the resort. With so many restaurants in PV, had to try them...Le Bistro was impeccable, Cafe des Artistes was pretty good (although I think they try too hard), El Kliff had the best sunset views!

Wide variety of people - young, older, some children, but everyone was nice - must be the calming effect! We were a little apprehensive as a gay couple, even though it's 2005 there are still people who stare. Not an issue at Dreams. Everyone was there to relax and enjoy, and that's exactly what we did.

Couldn't recommend this place more. Great pools (especially the infinity pool), great beach, great food, great people, great area of PV (Conchas Chinas).

If you need to relax in a beautiful place with great service, this is it!

22  Thank tymmas
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Stayed at Dreams in an all-inclusive package in early February 2005. Overall my girlfriend and I had a good time here. I would have given them a four point "above average" rating except for a couple of bad service experiences. I'll give the bad news first.

1) The last day for some reason the hotel staff took our mini-bar key. I was getting sick and needed some water/soda to take some aspirin. Despite repeated calls to the front, we never got the minibar key until we were about to check out the next day. The reason given was that there were not enough minibar keys for all the rooms. That's nice.

2) there was a constant issue w/ the room keys. we had to go to the front desk a few times to have them reprogrammed, and then they didn't always work.

3) The service was a bit spotty at times in the restaurants and bars, but overall ok. I did tip well and often (which I think helps), but the service issue was the exception, not the rule. It's also generally pretty slow, but that's a cultural thing.

4) I think this hotel is transitioning from a regular paying hotel to all-inclusive. When we were there it seemed to be a mix of both, which may have accounted for some of the service issues encountered.

That being said, everything else about dreams was really pretty good. The food was good: we ate at every restaurant there including the breakfast buffet (despite other reports of cold scrambled eggs, you can always order them directly from the egg girls - but tell them to go easy on the oil - that's a latin american thing), service was friendly (tipping bartenders does help, i do believe), all of the consierges/bellman were all very friendly and helpful. The drinks were all pretty good, but make sure you mix your frozen margaritas and daquiris with your straw, they pretty much just pour the liquor on top of the mix in the glass. There really is nothing in the way of night life at the hotel, but you can always take the cab ride into town if you're into that kind of thing. The beds in the rooms were hard, but didn't bother me that much. The A/C is also *very* cold. I wouldn't call this a five star hotel, but it was nice and it was, overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2005
8  Thank EGS22
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Just returned early this morning, and could not wait to share my experience... We stayed June 1 - 7, 2005. Upon arriving, going through town it didnt seemed outstanding..but as soon as we pass Bandares Bay and turned in Dream's it was like a paradise....we enjoyed every minute.. the hotel offered water sports, pool activities, nightly entertainment, dvd in the room. food was great, 4 restauarants to choose for dinner, service was excellent, we would return... and the drinks just kept on coming.

17  Thank Carol B
A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a week at Dreams (May 28 - June 4) to celebrate our second anniversary and had a great time. It was our first time at an all-inclusive, and though we didn't know what to expect, it was wonderful. When we checked in, we were told the hotel would be full for the week. It sure didn't seem that way, as the beautiful beach was mostly empty all week and the restaurants were never more than half full. There was no need to reserve chairs at either the beach or pools, except for maybe the infinity pool. El Patio was by far our favorite restaurant, it was excellent. Portofino was also very good and the buffett was more than adequate, though we only ate breakfast (and soft serve ice cream) there. We found the service to be great. The servers at all the restaurants and the people at the front desk were all friendly, efficient and accomodating. The maid service was wonderful, though the nightly turndown service never occurred before 11:00 pm. The room's mini-bar was restocked with beer, bottled water and sodas everyday.

During our stay the resort had guests of all ages, from families with young children to honeymooners to retirees. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We stayed in a deluxe room in the old tower. It was surprisingly big, very clean and well taken care of. I don't see the need to spend more money for a junior suite in the new tower, especially since we were hardly in our room. As I'm sure everyone has read, the beds were very firm. However, I slept like a baby all week and have no complaints. We enjoyed the shows at night at the pool area (there were not shows every nght), especially the Mexican fiesta and the drum and dance troupe. We also watched movies on the beach a few nights. Overall, it was incredibly relaxing. If you are looking for a party spot, this probably isn't the place for you. But for a relaxing week on the beach, Dreams can't be beat.

28  Thank A TripAdvisor Member