$291
$150
$129
$100
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$316
$183
$856
$178
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$614
$270
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
$109
  • Beachfront
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
$89
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

8,730 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerturtle releaserock climbingjungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a week at Dreams (May 28 - June 4) to celebrate our second anniversary and had a great time. It was our first time at an all-inclusive, and though we didn't know what to expect, it was wonderful. When we checked in, we were told the hotel would be full for the week. It sure didn't seem that way, as the beautiful beach was mostly empty all week and the restaurants were never more than half full. There was no need to reserve chairs at either the beach or pools, except for maybe the infinity pool. El Patio was by far our favorite restaurant, it was excellent. Portofino was also very good and the buffett was more than adequate, though we only ate breakfast (and soft serve ice cream) there. We found the service to be great. The servers at all the restaurants and the people at the front desk were all friendly, efficient and accomodating. The maid service was wonderful, though the nightly turndown service never occurred before 11:00 pm. The room's mini-bar was restocked with beer, bottled water and sodas everyday.

During our stay the resort had guests of all ages, from families with young children to honeymooners to retirees. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We stayed in a deluxe room in the old tower. It was surprisingly big, very clean and well taken care of. I don't see the need to spend more money for a junior suite in the new tower, especially since we were hardly in our room. As I'm sure everyone has read, the beds were very firm. However, I slept like a baby all week and have no complaints. We enjoyed the shows at night at the pool area (there were not shows every nght), especially the Mexican fiesta and the drum and dance troupe. We also watched movies on the beach a few nights. Overall, it was incredibly relaxing. If you are looking for a party spot, this probably isn't the place for you. But for a relaxing week on the beach, Dreams can't be beat.

• Stayed: June 2005
28  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2005

We spent an extended Memorial Day holiday weekend at Dreams PV, and had a great time. In view of the fact that we based our decision to stay there, in part, on Tripadvisor reviews, I feel obligated to provide a few comments about the experience.

Our overall experience was great and the resort itself is very nice. The common areas are well maintained, and the place has an open-air feel to it. Our room, which was in the original tower, was nice and spacious with a great view. The bed was hard, but it certainly didn't ruin our trip. As another reviewer commented, the sliding glass doors are almost as good as having a patio, and it was very nice and relaxing to hear the crashing waves. I didn't have any trouble getting a good nights' sleep. The room was clean, and the maid service generally was pretty good (I tipped $2 or so per day). The in-room mini-fridge also was a nice amenity.

The pools and beach also were very nice. In fact, although we spent most of our time near the main pool, the beach was much nicer than I had expected. There were numerous palapas on the beach, and we didn't witness anyone fighting over pool chairs (although I could see this being an issue during peak season). After the first day, we sat at the far end of the pool, away from the music/activities, and it was a little more relaxing. The pool bar was convenient, and the waiters generally seemed to be accomodating (a little tipping went a long way, I felt, with the bartenders). The waiters typically were busy and quick to bring drinks...And if they weren't close by, the bar was only a few feet away anyway.

As for the food, I actually was pleasantly surprised with the quality at some of the ala carte restaurants (Seaside Grill, Oceana), and the service generally was pretty good. The buffett was okay for breakfast and snacking, but nothing to write home about. Ironically, we probably had our worst meal at the Mexican restaurant. The beer and drinks flowed freely, but my biggest complaint probably is that the wine was hit-or miss (more often miss). At times, the wine was drinkable and actually pretty good -- it was pretty bad at others. This simply meant that we mainly drank Corona with meals, which certainly didn't ruin the trip, but we like red wine.

In sum, we had a great trip, the resort and grounds are beautiful, and for the most part the people were friendly and accomodating. We were mainly just looking to relax and unwind, and we only left the resort and made it into town once. I think that's a pretty good indication that Dreams served its purpose well.

• Stayed: May 2005
22  Thank Ron_A7
Reviewed June 3, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Dreams 5/30-6/2 and I must say we were both very impressed!!! This was our very first trip to Puerto Vallarta. The staff was incredibly friendly, the views were AWESOME, food was excellent (we ate at the World Cafe, Oceana and Portofino). We stayed in a deluxe room in the main tower. The room was beautiful: Immaculate, spacious, beautiful bed with white down comforter and white pillow canopy, gorgeous view of the beach and bay, brand new t.v. and dvd player with movies available to watch for free from concierge, nice marble floors, fresh exotic flowers/fruit/champagne was waiting for us when we first arrived. Everything was perfect.

The private beach was very nice and clean. We went sea kayaking, which was fun. We were only 100 yards or so from dolphins!! You can also use the trampoline bungee, go snorkeling, or body boarding for no additional cost. There was an outdoor movie theater by the beach in the evening, which I thought was pretty neat.

We took the El Eden canopy tour and had a blast. We couldn't take any cameras with us, but they make a videotape for you for 40 dollars. The views from the zipline were AWESOME. It is quite a hike though. The guys who run the tour were very fun, tip them well at the end!!!

We took many shopping trips downtown, about 40 pesos each way by taxi. The bus is only about 4 pesos, but has many stops. Timeshare people are EVERYWHERE, from the airport on. You can get some excursions free for just going to a free breakfast and hotel tour, but I heard they can be pretty ruthless, so go at your own risk.

Do not take the "booze cruise" to Quimixto, Las Animes, and Los Arcos. Unless you are a big partier of course. We should have known..."booze cruise"..... I would have preferred renting our own little boat or taking a water taxi. Los Arcos was perfect for snorkeling, saw beautiful fish, although there were a lot of jellyfish. Quimixto was quite a healthy hike through a mexican village to a very disappointing waterfall. You had to pay 50 pesos just to use a table. You can pay 120 pesos to rent a horse, but it wasn't worth it.

The best time we had was shopping around down town and hanging out at the resort. Again the staff was wonderful!!! Taxi drivers were always friendly and willing to engage in small chit chat. The view from the airplane was INCREDIBLE!! I recommend this resort to EVERYONE!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
24  Thank Lurajean
Peru, IL
Reviewed June 2, 2005

Stayed at Dreams in August of '04 right around the time of the conversion to an all-inclusive resort. I read many reviews and can honestly say that this was a wonderful place to stay. The service was excellent, the food and drinks were great! My wife and I enjoyed the beach very much. It seemed that there was some confusion because some of the guests were paying for food and drink while others were all-inclusive. The staff did a good job and I am sure they have ironed out some of the problems (like signing my name every time I ordered a drink, which was a lot!) I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
KY
Reviewed June 1, 2005

Just got back from Dreams and had a great time. The rooms were nice in the old tower nothing to fancy but heard the junior suites were great. Food was excellent along with the help very friendly people. Gym is weak with only 2 treadmills and some older workout equipment. This is not the Ritz Carlton but a great place to lounge around by the pool or ocean enjoying a good cocktail. I will go back... Oh make sure you take enough one dollar bills to tip.

Stayed: May 2005