$569
$162
$141
$100
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$267
$183
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$411
$270
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$95
$80
  • Beachfront
8,723 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releasejungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Seattle
Reviewed May 28, 2005

Dreams,
I'll get the worst out of the way now - it's tough to dream when you have difficulty sleeping. The sound of the crashing waves is truly magnificent - but the bed was about as comfortable as sleeping on river rocks - I honestly took the sheet off to make sure it wasn't just a box spring we were sleeping on. BUT, the place is great if you can get past the beds! The food is not gourmet, but it's good, it's plentiful, AND RELIABLE! For those in search of gourmet, well, they've never spent 2 days in the bathroom after dining at a "great" PV restaurant. The staff is very good for the most part, oddly enough the worst person we dealt with was the concierge (aren't they there to help?). The waiters, bartenders, room keepers were all fantastic - they did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. I read a lot of reviews about tipping. We were there May 20 through the 25, I brought 125 $1 bills and tipped every one of them - it didn't seem to make a difference but I'm sure the staff appreciated it. We noticed very few people tipped, probably not the nicest thing when you consider what people make per hour - oh well.

We've been married for 6 years, it was refreshing to see so many honeymooners and share in their excitement - this is a great place to get away - everyone we talked with was having a blast. The shows were really pretty good, but weren't every night - get your schedule when you show up and plan accordingly. Also, the "nice" restaurant - El Patio - is fantastic - but they require long pants (for men) - I didn't pack any as the temp was 30 degrees warmer than home - they let us in none the less.

Overall, the place is great - views are fantastic, a private bach where you aren't solicited every 30 seconds is very refreshing (other places we've stayed in PV weren't so "private"). Food is good, most importantly it's trustworthy (no time spent in your room when you could be at one of the great pools).

We witnessed no contruction, it was truly a great get away and we'd go back someday. The all-inclusive concept was new to us and one we much appreciated - good food and drink any time you want.

To end - "want what you have and you'll always have what you want" - it's not the 4 Seasons, but for those who discredit it, think of what you nightly rate was in comparison - we'll go back.

When you are lying in bed thinking of how uncomfortable it is, you'll be annoyed by those darn crashing waves.......:)

27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 27, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at Dreams from May 19th through the 25th. We actually extended our trip another day because we were enjoying ourselves so much. Starting off from the location, to the ambience, to the beach and especially the food, Dreams PV was incredible! The restaurants on this property are all fine dining establishments with terrfiic food. The Seaside Grill was one of our favorites, but all were very tasty! The service was very heartfelt and the hospitatility of the employees was mindblowing! We tipped everywhere we went and saw many people that didn't, but just remember that the employees unfortunately don't make very much money. Tipping is highly apprechiated and goes a long way! I got a spa service which I was very impressed with. The facilities were very clean, state of the art, and just beautiful. You can even choose to have your massage outside listening to the waves of the ocean. The rooms were very big with a jacuzzi on the balcony if you choose. We had a wonderful view from the 19th floor and even saw dolphins jumping in the ocean from our room. Yes, the beds are a bit hard, but it honestly didn't effect our stay one bit. Overall, my boyfriend and I researched long and hard to find the right resort and we very pleased to find that Dreams was the perfect choice for us. Like many of you reading this posting, my boyfriend and I did the same thing reading the negative remarks from others, but we can honestly say that they held no merit. Dreams was truly a wonderful resort!

27  Thank Michelle S
washington d.c.
Reviewed May 26, 2005

I was concerned about booking this vacation. Some reviews said that the staff had problems, and there was construction. If these were problems, they were in the past. My wife and I went for a week and encountered only friendly staff and no construction(well some minor landscaping out by the road.). We loved the location, a great secluded beach, but only a 4$ cab ride down town. Some reviews said that the L Jolla was better, but it is a 15$ or more cab downtown. There were some minor kinks associated with the recent renovation. the doorlock on the room did not work, and there was no hot water in the shower, but in each instance some one instantly appeared and quickly fixed the problems. Not only the staff at dreams, but all the local people were very friendly and helpfull, there were never any isssues of safety, even at night. As one cabdriver said "Why would we be mean? We live in paradise." The close location to down town comes in handy when doing the various adventures, almost all of which leave from the marina. We did the snorkle trip to the marietas islands and the sunset sailboat ride. If you can take being out on a boat for an extended amount of time (the waters can get choppy) they are great trips. There is not a lot of coral, but tons of fish, and you will almost always see dolfins along side your boat. A few last things about Dream. The food in the restarants was very good. My wife said that the spa wasn't very good, but who cares. Definately upgrade to the club tower, awsome rooms with a big balcony overlooking the water. There was a good gym to help with the all you can eat food. Eat at the agave grill downtown, it was the best meal of the trip.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2005

A last minute decision to take a few days relaxation in a sunny location took us to Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta.The reviews helped immensely in this decision.
The resort was perfect for us, a mother and daughter combination. There were people of all ages so the generation gap was not a problem.
We thought the mattresses were excellent (not hard as some had complained). Our room was light and beautiful with floor to ceiling glass doors overlooking the ocean, and when the doors were open, it was 'like a balcony'. Room service was very good.
We enjoyed eating at the open air restaurants. Some of the meals were superb! The service was fast and the waiters were courteous. We used the buffet for breakfast only and for snacks and that was good and convenient.
The sunsets by the infinity pool were wonderful. An ice bucket with champagne was put out when the bar there closed, so guests could enjoy a champagne sunset.
Of course one can always find something to complain about, but the overall experience was excellent. We went for relaxation and Dreams was perfect.

23  Thank Cpsweetp
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Spent my honeymoon at Dreams in PV. Most everything at the property was just fine. We got good service from almost everyone, the beach is nice and clean, didn't spend any time at the pools but they looked ok. The only real complaint was that the beds are unbelievably hard and uncomfortable. Seriously, I've never experience a bed like that - and I travel alot. I might as well have slept on the coffee table...and I'm not exaggerating. My wife got a bruise on her hip from sleeping on her side too long, and I aggravated an old shoulder injury. The staff had to come up and put what looked like pool deck cushions over the mattress, which helped a little. Overall, it is well worth the money compared to more upscale properties - but you get what you pay for. And I wouldn't recommend staying longer than a few days.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member