I was at Dreams PV for my wedding and honeymoon. WE had a group of 19 people there and were extremely disappointed at check-in. We booked our trip through MLT/ Worry Free vacations and have never had a problem in the past. We all arrived on June 19th at approximately 6pm and it took some of my guest up to three hours to check in. I was so upset and disappointed because our family and friends were there for our wedding and it should not of taken that long to check in and our wedding was the next day so it was a very stressful start to my vacation/ wedding. 15 people in my group had all paid to have jacuzzi suite hotel rooms in the new tower. When we went to check in they did not have any suites available. I was extremely upset and they found me a suite without a jacuzzi since I was the bride but all of my guest were put in the old tower in an old room and that is NOT what they had paid for. The next day all the guest were moved to the new tower but it took alot of time out of their day having to re-pack their luggage and then they had to wait around for the luggage to arrive in their room. No one could just "relax" b/c they were having to wait around for luggage and switch rooms, etc... I never got my jacuzzi suite I paid for. I was moved to a dream suite after 3 days but it was in the old tower and yes it was very big but I was not at all impressed. It had a private pool that was dirty and very small. The room was older and it was nothing compared to the rooms in the new tower. I don't understand why they could not of put me in the jacuzzi suite I paid for or the dream suite in the new tower. Also, my fiance was suppossed to have his own room the night before the wedding and that didn't happen. We were suppossed to have a honeymoon package with champagne and fruit in our room each night and that NEVER happened and were also promised late check out but on the day we were leaving they called us at 12:15 and told us we could not have late check out and if we wanted late check out we would have to pay $59.
I do have some positives about the resort!! First of all all of the waitstaff, bartenders, etc.. were amazing and always went above and beyond. William is awesome so if you go there you have to meet William. I had a gorgeous wedding. The wedding coordinator (Rebecca Gonzales) is awesome and she really went above and beyond and made sure I had an awesome wedding. The staff took pictures and they were gorgeous pictures and they let me buy the cd for a very reasonable price. The flowers for my wedding were so beautiful. I was very impressed with Rebecca and she made my wedding amazing.
The food at this resort is awesome. Portofino and Oceana are the best. I ate the chicken dish at Portofino 2 nights and it was awesome. I had steak at the Oceana and was very impressed. The room service is good/ breakfast is the best. The World Cafe (buffet) is really good. The ice cream is so yummy so get that if you go. I usually am not impressed with resort buffets but this one is better than most. I was not all that impressed with Seaside grill but the view is so beautiful so its worth going there for that purpose. We ate the food provided on 2 different theme nights: Mexican night and Latin night and the food was great. Drinks were great! They do have top shelf liquor so just ask for it. And whats really nice is no one got sick!!!
Also, the beach is amazing. We did not really have any problems finding chairs to lay out and the infinity pool is small but its nice. :)
I don't know if I would recommend this resort to a friend. I would love to go back but I am very hesitant since we had SOOOO many issues with check in and with the rooms. If I go back it will be for the beach and the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel