$291
$150
$129
$100
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$614
$270
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$306
$178
Hotels.com
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$121
$109
  • Beachfront
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
$89
Priceline
8,728 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerturtle releaserock climbingjungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed June 24, 2009

After being a little scared due to the swine flu situation, my wife and I decided not to cancel our honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta. We stayed at this resort for the first time and loved the property!
Our room was decorated after a very romantic dinner on the beach, they placed rose petals all around the bed... it was outstanding.
We paid an up grade for a junior suite in the new tower, the front desk clerk offerted it upon our arrival; we were not that convinced until we saw the room, it is completely remodeled, the beds are brand new, all of them have balconies, they have flat screens! My husband was very exited about that.
The food was excelent and the drinks just refreshing and phonomenal.
We are really sure we will be back next year to repeat this experience, it was an memorable one! Dreams has the best staff ever!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank danrochy
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed at the Dreams PV Resort the first week of June with my husband and two year old son. I will attempt to divide my review into sections so you can read whatever section interests you:) I would rate the resort a 3 1/2 stars but settled for 4.

Airport: The time share and excursion salespersons are PESTS! Head straight out to any yellow cab. it is about $10 to get to the hotel anyway. We were provided with free and included transport through AMSTAR since we booked a junior suite in the preferred tower. Even they are questionable because they then tell you that you have to report to their desk in the hotel by a certain date and time to schedule your return trip. that is a trap to get to sell you excursions. My husband was quite disappointed when the Amstar driver said he would appreciate a $20 tip! Funny because the entire trip with the yellow cab costs $10! We were so disgusted that we decided to pay our own way back to the airport with a yellow cab instead of the "free" transport provided.

CHECK IN: The front desk for check in is located within the lobby of the preferred towe if you are staying there. If you are entitled to the $200 certificates, keep asking for them because they do not just hand them to you. I had to request them 3 times. As others have mentioned - the gift certificates are broken into segments not to be used at once at the spa or for wine etc..... pretty much useless in the end. We arrived at around 2pm and our junior suite was available. I had read about free snacks etc.. in the preferred tower lobby. They did not have any of that during our entire stay - only iced water and sometimes coffee in the morning.

SUITE: It is very nice. It is not really designed like a suite. The layout is more like a very large room, since the seating area and bed are really a part of the same room. I liked the tiled floor, extravagent bed and OK furniture, however the rug in the seating area was disgustingly dirty. The tile floor was also stained in places. The room was well kept but obviously had dirty people staying in it prior to us, since there was food stuck to the rug! Do not stay in the old tower. It looks pretty dingy.

BATHROOM: Beautiful and modern - jacuzzi tub, stand alone shower and high tech sink. It is obvious that the hotel has spent a lot to attemot to look very sleek and high tech, but the quality of the construction is pretty cheap. It will wear quickly.

AMENITIES: Included - small tube of toothpaste, one toothbrush, SPF 15 4 oz. sun tan lotion, 4oz. shampoo (no conditioner), lotion, bath gel, soaps, shoe polisher pad, (no mouthwash), slippers, robes. We did not need any voltage conversion plugs. Everything was compatible for phone chargers etc........

ROOM REFRIGERATOR: stocked eah day with 4 bottled waters, 4 mini juice boxes, 4 mini Coronita beers, 2 coke lites, 2 regular cokes, fanta and sprite. They would appear in the late afternoon to stock the drinks that you need. You can actually call room service at any tiem and just request more of anything regardless OR leave a note with a tip in the refrigerator for whne they come by.

INTERNET: Free connection for us in our suite which was great with our laptop. There are also computers located in the preferred tower lobby for free access.

TV / DVD / BOOKS - Plasma TV was great with connected DVD player - great for our toddler's DVD's. You can also check out DVDs for free at the main lobby with the concierge. If you have prepaid the vacation, she may want your credit card to have on record in case you lose or damage the DVD's. There are also book cases by the pools with paper backs to borrow while at the pool.

CLOSET SPACE: Very minimal. If you pack a lot or are a family of 4 it may be a problem. it was enough for us.

TODDLER AMENITIES: The pool concierge had floats etc... but no arm bands nor rings or beach toys like some resorts. We had taken them with us. The children's club looked like fun to us with an outdoor playground on the beach, however there were flies swarming all over the place so we avoided it. There is a toddler pool which our little one enjoyed very much. The beach is also quite protected and calm for them to run around. If you have a stroller it is quite a problem b/c there are hardly any pathways that do not have stairs.

RESTAURANTS / SERVICE: In general was very good for an all inclusive resort! Everyone was overly polite and went to great lengths to make us happy. Our toddler loves certain foods and they would go out of their way to make things for him - the room service and the restaurants included. We enjoyed the Seaside Grill and Oceana the most since they were outdoors on the beach. The food and the presentation was fabulous. El Patio was good too - not amazing, but the ambiance and service made up for it. They have tequilla tasting right at the front door at El Patio! The poolside restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch buffets was mediocre. The food had just sat out there for a long time and was like cafeteria food, however the variety is huge. Theer is something for everyone. We liked the fresh taquito bar. I did not chance the sushi. They have little burgers, hotdogs and sandwiches for kids - but they did not look good. The service was wonderful there as well.

TIPS: I had read many reviews suggesting that we take many $1 bills. We took 100 $1 bills and kept tipping a couple dollars each time for food, room service and maid service. They really appreciated it and it went a long way.

SERVICE: We had amazing and friendly service everywhere. We also were lucky sinec the swine flu scare had the hotel at 40% occupancy. We never had to wait for anything anywhere. I would not go to this resort when they are crowded. it would have been an entirely different experience due to crowds in restaurants and at the pools.

POOLS / BEACH: Yes the pools are fairly small, but there are many of them. The pool exercise classes look like loads of fun with loud fun music. The beach was beautiful. The vendors never bothered anyone. We always found a palapas to lounge at. I could not swim in the ocean though beause the manta rays were everywhere! I have experienced them in the Grand Caymand Islands and had training there regarding their tendency to sting, so I could not chance it. That was a problem for me:( The beach is very clean though.

EXCURSIONS - Cannot comment - did not go on any with our toddler around.

GROUNDS - Quite tropical and pretty and clean

SUMMARY: Nice getaway for a couple, family or group event. I would NOT recommend this resort for a honeymoon or wedding or anything that you wish to be memorable. It does not rise to that standard. Some of the vacationers there are obviously there for the free alcohol and food, so you tend to see many people who hoard greedily and loudly over the food and drinks if you get my drift (some drink as early as 10am!) The weddings that we saw wre classless and really cheap. This is not an upscale resort by any means. It is simply an inexpensive and convenient getaway.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LetsPack!
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We loved Dreams Puerto Vallarta and will return. The rooms were nice (I don't understand why other reviews said they were shabby) - ours was nice and we were in the old tower. We did tour the new tour and the rooms there were very very nice - but we were happy with ours. We loved the ocean view. Service was wonderful. And a lot of variety for food choics with several great restaurants and a buffet restuarants. Beach is very nice. Grounds are very peaceful and lovely. Nice evening entertainment. I enjoyed the spa too. There wasn't anything that I felt could be better. It was easy to get into town via cab but we only went into town once as it was so nice at the resort we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank HeartinItaly
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This was our 1st time staying at a Dreams Resort. We had the best time and can't wait to return. The staff was very friendly, accomodating and went out of their way each and every time. We have stayed at many hotels/resorts and this our 2nd All Inclusive. The 1st experience was at at Rui resort and it was terrible. We thought lets try one more time Al. The Dreams was beyond my expectations. Great staff, very clean, wonderful food and great entertaining. I am ready to book another trip for our aniversary in September. I plan on trying a differenct location in Mexico either Secrets in Cancun or Dreams in Cabo. Plan to go back to Dreams in PVR next spring. Schulze family ORD.

5  Thank schulzeOrd
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I had the rare opportunity to book 2 back to back trips in 3 weeks to Puerto Vallarta. The first time I stayed at the Dreams in Nueovo Vallarta, and the second time I stayed at the Dreams in Puerto Vallarta.

One my first day there, when the staff found out that I've stayed at the Nuevo Vallarta Dreams, they asekd me which one was better. My answer was I will let them know after my stay. Well.....

Here is what I've experienced in comparison:

1. Amenity-filled rooms and suites all with ocean views overlooking the blue-green Pacific and private beach:

I stayed at the Junior Suite with a balcony spa at Nuevo Vallarta, and deluxe suite at the Puerto Vallarta. With the same price I paid for both rooms, hands down the Junior Suite was superior with the decor and amenities. Thus, I highly recommend to ensure that you book the Junior suite for your stay.

2. Full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks Each Day: Food was much better at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams.

3. Six gourmet restaurants and four lounges serving gourmet fare and unlimited premium brand beverages: I loved the Seaside Grill (they have the best shrimp comsume) at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams.

4. Daily refreshed mini bar with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer: Same service for both

5. Full 24-hour room service: both were equally impressive

6. Spectacular array of day and evening activities; adventures for every age and interest:

Now, this is the biggest distinction between the 2 resorts. I liked the entertainment at Nuevo Vallarta with Chuy as our lead entertainment staff, but I loved the entire entainment team at the Puerto Vallarta. Ramon, Paco, Abraham, Hugo, Hector, and Alex were so friendly and patient with me as I learned beach and water volley ball, stretching exercise at the beach, playing giant chess game, ping pong, water aerobic, kayaking, and rock climbing. I was horrible at most of these activities, and they were really patient and I ended up having a great time.

7. Also, the nightly entertainment were fantastic. I had so many pictures and great memories from these nightly entertainments. I especially enjoyed the Latin Dance the last night I was there.

8. World-class spa ($) : I have to say the Spa at the Nuevo Vallarta was brand new and spectacular. They had the best body wrap for sun damaged skin.

9. Supervised Explorer`s Club for kids (ages 3-12): Not sure since I don't have children. I do see alot of kids at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams having a ton of fun at the explorer's club.

10. Friendly, fastidious staff: Both team went out of their way to help you. However, Puerto Vallarta Dreams' Eduardo and Geraldine were so fantastic to me that I have to mention them.

11. Hotel taxes and gratuities included: I do tip the staff in addition since they worked so hard. So ensure that you bring lots of $ bills for this trip. You will definitely feel generous with their over the top hospitality.

Now, to sum it up, I have to say that Dreams Puerto Vallarta won this competition. I needed the break since I will start a new job soon, and the entertainment team at Puerto Vallarta Dreams ensured that I had such a great time, I didn't even had a chance to check my phone/email messages. Now that was something that I've never done before.

With Appreciation to the entire staff at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta for a wonderful vacation:

Your San Francisco Friend