$602
$150
$141
$100
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$217
$183
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$220
  • Beachfront
$402
$178
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$411
$270
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$128
$109
  • Beachfront
8,724 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releasejungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We loved Dreams Puerto Vallarta and will return. The rooms were nice (I don't understand why other reviews said they were shabby) - ours was nice and we were in the old tower. We did tour the new tour and the rooms there were very very nice - but we were happy with ours. We loved the ocean view. Service was wonderful. And a lot of variety for food choics with several great restaurants and a buffet restuarants. Beach is very nice. Grounds are very peaceful and lovely. Nice evening entertainment. I enjoyed the spa too. There wasn't anything that I felt could be better. It was easy to get into town via cab but we only went into town once as it was so nice at the resort we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank HeartinItaly
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This was our 1st time staying at a Dreams Resort. We had the best time and can't wait to return. The staff was very friendly, accomodating and went out of their way each and every time. We have stayed at many hotels/resorts and this our 2nd All Inclusive. The 1st experience was at at Rui resort and it was terrible. We thought lets try one more time Al. The Dreams was beyond my expectations. Great staff, very clean, wonderful food and great entertaining. I am ready to book another trip for our aniversary in September. I plan on trying a differenct location in Mexico either Secrets in Cancun or Dreams in Cabo. Plan to go back to Dreams in PVR next spring. Schulze family ORD.

5  Thank schulzeOrd
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I had the rare opportunity to book 2 back to back trips in 3 weeks to Puerto Vallarta. The first time I stayed at the Dreams in Nueovo Vallarta, and the second time I stayed at the Dreams in Puerto Vallarta.

One my first day there, when the staff found out that I've stayed at the Nuevo Vallarta Dreams, they asekd me which one was better. My answer was I will let them know after my stay. Well.....

Here is what I've experienced in comparison:

1. Amenity-filled rooms and suites all with ocean views overlooking the blue-green Pacific and private beach:

I stayed at the Junior Suite with a balcony spa at Nuevo Vallarta, and deluxe suite at the Puerto Vallarta. With the same price I paid for both rooms, hands down the Junior Suite was superior with the decor and amenities. Thus, I highly recommend to ensure that you book the Junior suite for your stay.

2. Full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks Each Day: Food was much better at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams.

3. Six gourmet restaurants and four lounges serving gourmet fare and unlimited premium brand beverages: I loved the Seaside Grill (they have the best shrimp comsume) at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams.

4. Daily refreshed mini bar with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer: Same service for both

5. Full 24-hour room service: both were equally impressive

6. Spectacular array of day and evening activities; adventures for every age and interest:

Now, this is the biggest distinction between the 2 resorts. I liked the entertainment at Nuevo Vallarta with Chuy as our lead entertainment staff, but I loved the entire entainment team at the Puerto Vallarta. Ramon, Paco, Abraham, Hugo, Hector, and Alex were so friendly and patient with me as I learned beach and water volley ball, stretching exercise at the beach, playing giant chess game, ping pong, water aerobic, kayaking, and rock climbing. I was horrible at most of these activities, and they were really patient and I ended up having a great time.

7. Also, the nightly entertainment were fantastic. I had so many pictures and great memories from these nightly entertainments. I especially enjoyed the Latin Dance the last night I was there.

8. World-class spa ($) : I have to say the Spa at the Nuevo Vallarta was brand new and spectacular. They had the best body wrap for sun damaged skin.

9. Supervised Explorer`s Club for kids (ages 3-12): Not sure since I don't have children. I do see alot of kids at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams having a ton of fun at the explorer's club.

10. Friendly, fastidious staff: Both team went out of their way to help you. However, Puerto Vallarta Dreams' Eduardo and Geraldine were so fantastic to me that I have to mention them.

11. Hotel taxes and gratuities included: I do tip the staff in addition since they worked so hard. So ensure that you bring lots of $ bills for this trip. You will definitely feel generous with their over the top hospitality.

Now, to sum it up, I have to say that Dreams Puerto Vallarta won this competition. I needed the break since I will start a new job soon, and the entertainment team at Puerto Vallarta Dreams ensured that I had such a great time, I didn't even had a chance to check my phone/email messages. Now that was something that I've never done before.

With Appreciation to the entire staff at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta for a wonderful vacation:

Your San Francisco Friend

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
13  Thank GinSF
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Dreams was a total last minute trip and we picked it solely on its reviews... The beach is AMAZING! It is completely private because of the two mtns enclosing it and the hotel.. Loved it! We spent 6 days in PV and only went into town once.. the hotel had everything we were looking for!! The restuarants were really good and we loved having 4 to choose from.. our favorite was El Patio and Seaside Grill. The buffet was great too and we ate there everyday for lunch! You have to have their green juice for breakfast and their ice cream! It is kinda hidden but worth looking for!!! And make sure your guy brings pants (not jeans) and some dress shoes - to get into Portofino! We missed out on that one!! Heard it was really good and romantic!!

The shows every night were really great! There was one lame one but for the most part they were very entertaining! My husband got chosen to be onstage for the comedy night and it was hilarious!! The Mexican Fiesta was fabulous and we loved that they had a buffet right there - with lots of authentic fare! And they brought in a bunch of artists with all their artwork, pottery, jewelry, blown glass, dresses, etc... And honestly I think they were cheaper than in town and you saved the taxi fare!! They were also on the beach selling everyday but they were very polite and didn't push! And there were only a few - so you weren't annoyed ever!!

The entertainment crew did a great job planning activites every hour.. beach and water volleyball, futbol (soccer), american football, kayaking, water trampoline and climbing, bungee trampoline, snorkeling, rappelling, jungle trek, tennis, yoga, water aerobics, scuba clinic, cards, ping pong, and a family movie on the beach every night! I wanted to just lay on the beach and relax but my husband can't sit that long - so it was great having the entertainment guys there he could hang out with when he was bored with me! We also did ziplining (canopy tour) with La Vista Canopy Tour and it was SO FUN! I am terrified of heights and I loved it! They beg for tips at the end with is annoying but they claim that is their main source of income! Plus they are really fun! We kinda wish we had done the Outdoor Adventure instead only cause they included boats, mules, rapelling, ziplining, waterfalls, traversing a rope bridge and unimogs all in one day! I was too scared before but now looking back we should have done that!!

The only thing I had a hard time understanding was the hotel staff... they just didn't seem very accomodating... we asked to upgrade to the preferred tower and they claimed there was no rooms.. yeah right! Swine flu and off-season June - it was empty! I was even willing to pay and they didn't care! Plus I could barely understand him so it was hard to negotiate anything! That is another rough part - it really helps to know spanish! And GET PESOS before you go there !! We paid $15 US via taxi from airport to dreams and it would have been $11 if we had pesos - not much but if you do a few trips it adds up!
Speaking of taxis - at the airport go straight past all the timeshare taxi guys and go outside... Look for the yellow cabs.. they are the real thing! We were so confused - cause they are all begging you! But if you go outside - you should be good! So back to the hotel.. I really wanted to be in the new tower so I was disappointed! THE GOOD: It was clean, spacious and had a little couch and chair and the bathroom and flooring was updated, the ocean view was really nice! THE BAD: tv was OLD and staticky, décor and furniture was really tacky, you couldn't keep the door cracked to hear the ocean and the a/c on at the same time - so try to get the preferred tower!

My IPhone worked great everywhere - except actually in the room, just had to stand on the balcony - and texts are supposed to be 50 cents each to receive and 5 cents to send so that is how we communicated to our kids. (make sure to turn off your data roaming before you go!!) My husbands Verizon phone didn't work at all.. We went to relax away from our kids for a few days but once we were there we really wished we had brought them... they had so many activities and our boys would have loved it all! We are planning on taking them back in a few years!!! If you have kids I would definetly consider bringing them - it is very safe at the resort and seems almost tucked away from everything else - which I loved!! Overall the resort is really nice! We had a few issues but nothing that wouldn't bring us back.. I just wish they would have upgraded us to the preferred tower and I would have thought they were AMAZING.. They are certainly not a Fairmont property in regards to customer service!!! But the gorgeous beach made it worth every penny!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank coltontalon
Reviewed June 17, 2009

This is probably my 10th all inclusive resort I've visited in Mexico, so I have a pretty objective opinion on Dreams Puerto Vallarta.

The Bad: We stayed our first night in the Dreams Tower (Old Tower) 5th floor, with the exception of the view, the room was pretty much a run down motel 6 type room. It was small and old w/ an uncomfortable bed (no headboard), old school 25 inch t.v., and old and cheap furniture. The bathroom was tiny w/ a small & stained bathtub accompanied by a "dingy" shower curtain. No lobby, w/ outdoor entrance to the elevator. The A/C was as loud as my gas powered electric generator I use at home when we lose power. I would honestly give the Dream Tower a very poor rating and list it as a 2 or 3 star hotel. We stayed only one night before upgrading to the new preferred tower (extra 67 bucks a night after negotiation) but what a major difference.
Pools= Very small for a 4 star resort w/ rather cheap pool side lounge chairs, due to the size of the pools, they stayed cluttered w/ people. we avoided the pools.

THE OKAY: Entertainment: like most all inclusives, the entertainment was pretty cheesy and this resort really didn't have much of a bar/club for nightly entertainment. The sports bar was usually empty, but it did have one bar tender and a dance floor and a pool table. It was pretty empty every night. Unfortunately, this bar wasn't open during the day. Unless you went to a pool bar, their really wasn't a sit down bar to frequent during the day.

The Good: The Preferred Tower: Unlike the old tower, this tower was very lavish, very new, w/ large bathrooms with whirl pool tubs, a walk in shower, good a/c, plasma t.v., 4 post comfortable bed, excellent patio and view. It also has it's own indoor lobby w/ concierge, free computer/internet access, snacks, coffee etc. Comparing this tower w/ the old was like comparing motel 6 to a Hilton.

The food was suprisingly good at all the restaurants, we had good experience w/ room service food as well. (and the room service was quick, 20 minutes)The only bad things we had were the pizza and burgers. However, that's very good for an all inclusive.
Drinks: the drinks were very good, and they carried some decent liquor, make sure you ask for it or you get the bottom shelf liquor.
Beach: The beach was amazing. very clean w/ excellent service from the drink waiters. I enjoyed lounging, body surfing, and snorkeling. If you get out past the breaking waves, the water was calm and I saw plenty of marine life. Some folks were scared of the rays that liked to ride the waves, but I was told the resort has never had an incident of someone getting hurt by them. The beach is in a cove bordered by rock cliffs on each side; it's probably about 1/3 of a mile long.

Service: Overall the service was very good.

Location: I thought the location was good because it was just five minutes from town (50 peso cab ride)

I would consider returning to this resort, and consider recommending it to a friend, but only the Preferred Tower, The Dreams Tower is pretty much run down lacking anything very nice.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple