I had the rare opportunity to book 2 back to back trips in 3 weeks to Puerto Vallarta. The first time I stayed at the Dreams in Nueovo Vallarta, and the second time I stayed at the Dreams in Puerto Vallarta.
One my first day there, when the staff found out that I've stayed at the Nuevo Vallarta Dreams, they asekd me which one was better. My answer was I will let them know after my stay. Well.....
Here is what I've experienced in comparison:
1. Amenity-filled rooms and suites all with ocean views overlooking the blue-green Pacific and private beach:
I stayed at the Junior Suite with a balcony spa at Nuevo Vallarta, and deluxe suite at the Puerto Vallarta. With the same price I paid for both rooms, hands down the Junior Suite was superior with the decor and amenities. Thus, I highly recommend to ensure that you book the Junior suite for your stay.
2. Full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks Each Day: Food was much better at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams.
3. Six gourmet restaurants and four lounges serving gourmet fare and unlimited premium brand beverages: I loved the Seaside Grill (they have the best shrimp comsume) at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams.
4. Daily refreshed mini bar with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer: Same service for both
5. Full 24-hour room service: both were equally impressive
6. Spectacular array of day and evening activities; adventures for every age and interest:
Now, this is the biggest distinction between the 2 resorts. I liked the entertainment at Nuevo Vallarta with Chuy as our lead entertainment staff, but I loved the entire entainment team at the Puerto Vallarta. Ramon, Paco, Abraham, Hugo, Hector, and Alex were so friendly and patient with me as I learned beach and water volley ball, stretching exercise at the beach, playing giant chess game, ping pong, water aerobic, kayaking, and rock climbing. I was horrible at most of these activities, and they were really patient and I ended up having a great time.
7. Also, the nightly entertainment were fantastic. I had so many pictures and great memories from these nightly entertainments. I especially enjoyed the Latin Dance the last night I was there.
8. World-class spa ($) : I have to say the Spa at the Nuevo Vallarta was brand new and spectacular. They had the best body wrap for sun damaged skin.
9. Supervised Explorer`s Club for kids (ages 3-12): Not sure since I don't have children. I do see alot of kids at the Puerto Vallarta Dreams having a ton of fun at the explorer's club.
10. Friendly, fastidious staff: Both team went out of their way to help you. However, Puerto Vallarta Dreams' Eduardo and Geraldine were so fantastic to me that I have to mention them.
11. Hotel taxes and gratuities included: I do tip the staff in addition since they worked so hard. So ensure that you bring lots of $ bills for this trip. You will definitely feel generous with their over the top hospitality.
Now, to sum it up, I have to say that Dreams Puerto Vallarta won this competition. I needed the break since I will start a new job soon, and the entertainment team at Puerto Vallarta Dreams ensured that I had such a great time, I didn't even had a chance to check my phone/email messages. Now that was something that I've never done before.
With Appreciation to the entire staff at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta for a wonderful vacation:
Your San Francisco Friend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel