“I always go back because it's a private beach the staff always remembers us there are awesome”

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #13 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 1, 2014

this hotel is a spectacular place to go on a private beach offers many amenities it's one of the most beautiful hotels in Puerto Vallarta I was planning to go this summer and stay in the presidential suite but unfortunately I think they're closing down for the summer which makes me super sad I hope I will see you the same employees when I try to go next summer but the employees in the property just make you feel so relaxed and pampered that you can't resist the going to this location I give it 5 stars all the way.Thank you Dreams resorts and spas Puerto Vallarta for always taking good care of me and my son every time we've come and of course you're beautiful beautiful hotel and location the privacy makes it and I look forward to m our next trip there hopefully next summer to the can come visit you're beautiful hotel and the wonderful staff

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank noelle d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We travelled here with my husbands family for his sisters wedding. The location is incredible!
Gorgeous setting and landscape! We were pleasantly surprised with a room on the 16th floor and the view from that height was spectacular! We were traveling with our 8 yr old, and 3 mo old daughters and we all had a great time. There was a fun trampoline for the kids on the beach that our oldest loved. The trip and wedding were planned for us by Marcie at Beach Bum Vacation! I highly recommend her!! She had planned our wedding as well and we were happy to work with her again! Service was excellent. Loved all of the pools! Loved the restaurants!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank Jamie B
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We just came back to from Dreams on April 29th, 2014 and my wife and I were one of the very last to enjoy what was Dreams Resort and Spa. I absolutely loved this place and have been there 3 times with all of the same results. Excellent all the way around but most importantly the people that all worked there. All of the staff are wonderful to the extreme and am sad that they are been broken up as a result of the Hyatt chain obtaining the rights to fly their colours at Dreams.We were told that there are going to be renovations/upgrades and some demolition at the site and that they will reopen December 1, 2014. I am hopeful that the character of this hotel will remain when it is reopened but somehow I have a feeling that it won't. If the folks from the Hyatt are listening please do not do radical changes and ruin this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wayne L
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I thought my visit of two weeks back in January/2014 was the last, but a few newly made friends were returning April 3-10 & convinced me to join them, & I'm so glad I did. Yes, it was putting off the inevitable, but one last visit indeed was in order. From the time I arrived, to the time I left, everything was it's wonderful self. I cannot say enough about Dreams, PV, except that it was my most favourite vacation spot hands-down! I don't know what I'm going to do now that Dreams will close very very shortly (April 30). My worry is for the staff, they likely won't have jobs for another 6 months if they wait to join the Hyatt. The staff was as professional & friendly as ever...some meeting me with a big hug, as I have vacationed there several years, & they certainly remembered me. It wasn't an act, but a genuine 'welcome'.
I can't say enough about Bethy, Gregorio, Jose Guerra, Samuel, Luisa, Miguel (Swim up Bar) Salazar, Ramon, Eduardo, Leonora, etc.etc. Forgive me if I've missed anyone, as it's very hard to remember everyone. The food was as delicious as always, & of course, the service was second-to-none. They can't do enough for you, & always respond with "it's a pleasure".
To Tony, Christian, Oscar & everyone with the Entertainment Team..you guys are awesome. Thanks for joining us for lunch a few times.
My last day April 10 was rather sad, because very likely there will be a lot of staff I may not see again..but a few have promised to keep in touch via email. I do hope they're good for their promise. I know I will be. It truly isn't my plan (at this point in time) to go to the Hyatt simply because it won't be DREAMS, & likely most of the Dreams staff won't be there. I may visit the sister chain, but not sure at the moment. Hyatt, if you're reading this review along with others,
believe me you would do very well to hire the staff.
The day I left, I was in tears. Leaving was like saying goodbye to family. If any of you out there didn't have the opportunity to vacation at Dreams, PV; then I can honestly tell you, you missed out! Some have written a bad review, blaming the resort on the jellyfish in the ocean, or a screaming child in the World Cafe. This doesn't have anything to do with the resort...they can't control what's in the ocean, or a screaming child whose parents don't do anything about it. That sort of criticism is NOT fair!!! I'm not saying Dreams was perfect..nothing is...but I can tell you, it wasn't far off!!!!
To all my lovely friends..no ...extended family at Dreams, I wish you all the very best for the future.I shall sorely miss you. They say that when one door closes, another door opens.
My "Dream(s)" will never die...Via Condios!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank alwaystravelling41
Invermere, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were here for my daughters wedding. We are some of the last guests at Dreams Puerto Vallarta before it closes on April 30th. It will come back sometime as a Hyatt something or other. This has been the best vacation experience we have had at an all inclusive or pretty much anywhere. Service, quality of everthing and friendliness of staff has been exceptional. Even with pending unemployment for most in a few short days the staff have been amazing. There are so many staff members to thank it would be unfair to name a few. I can only say Hyatt would be well served to bring these people back and give them a raise when this wonderful resort re-opens. Thank you for so much

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank 19ken52
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Dreams in PV twice. It was the best!!! We were planning on going back for our 50th birthdays, which is next year, but alas it wasn't to be. The rooms, staff and service is next to none. We had our favorite staff members like Jose, Miguel, Norma, Victor and most of all Luisa. The food was always fantastic, especially the steak at Seaside Grill. We are very sad that the resort won't be a Dreams and we will miss everyone there. I can't say enough good things about this Dreams. So sad to say goodbye.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heather V
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We visited this resort 4 years ago, and it was PERFECT. We also stayed in the DREAMS PUERTO AVENTURA 2 years ago....but prefered the Puerto Vallarta one , as it had many quant details.. robes and slipper,inscents burning (nice) red hybicus flowers everywhere even in the ashtrays by the elevator and around the pond in the entrance..GONE none of that was there this time. Check in was a shock ..(we had booked our trip through a travel agent and had paid for a smoking room) but when we arrived Laura at the front desk told my husband and I we couldn't smoke in the room... BUT we could UP-GRADE for only $300.00... ouch!!! and that we could apply some of our credit coupon toward this... we still had to pay and extra $140.00 US. I was upset to say the least. Then we found out by talking to other guest we saw smoking, NONE of them were charged extra, we could see them smoking in the windows from down on the pool deck. In the past we have never had to pay this charge in fact we were always UP-GRADED as we are repeat guests. Room #1825 was wonderful and over looked all the pools and the beach. Our bed faced the ocean and we could see and hear the waves all day and night.. love it! The bed was a dream just like sleeping on a cloud.. in fact when we came back home we went and bought pillows like the resorts ahhhh!
Many of the same staff were there from 4 years ago, and the remembered us. As did some the beach vendors..Izzy is our favorite . We would like to thank David from well... he was working in 3 of the restaurants he treated us like old time friends and was excellente. Mirium our housekeeper was a doll... super friendly and we practied our english and spanish together... and could understand each other most of the time. Victor ans Salazar(Salavdor?) from the beach palapa area and bar were so friendly and we were never without refreshments .they suggested many different types of drinks ..they were all amazing. Lucy from the lobby and Antonio.... Antonio from westjet also... and Luis..(LUCY ) from the quiet pool was our waitress ... and an especial thank you to Esequial from the front lobby... so sorry that we missed you the last day..just like the first trip and then this trip you we really like an old friend.. We wish good luck to all the staff that make this resort so special, we hope you all find great jobs and hope to see you again at another Dreams Resort.
We enjoyed all the food at every restaurant with exception to the Mexican Patio... the food was mediocre and the chair were the most uncomfortalbe I have ever sat in . Seaside and Oceana were our favorites fabulous meals and many yummy appies.
I will be writing to the head office with requarding the extra charge for a smoking room, as I feel it is not fair to charge som people and not others... It has left a bad taste.. and a bad memory.
Do not get involved with the Hotel time share seminars... they say it is not a time share ... it is. we were told that if we spent just 90 mins listening to the news about some of the other resorts that we would get a free $300.00 couples massage... and there would be no pressure to buy anything... WELL let me tell you after 2 1/2 of trying to get away from Louis.. and wanting to go for lunch.. ( he insisted that we return in 1 hour after lunch), I was fed up and getting pissed off. We both have health issues and wanted to talk thinks over.. in fact I was in terrible pain from having to sit there for sooooo long and he could see I needed to go ly down.. he didn't care and then after 2 more people sat down (we had to do an exit interview to get the free massage) and they were even MORE PRESSURE!!!! Holy crap.. I finally stood up and freaked out.. "I am done!!!" I was pissed off now... All in all we spent 3 hours of wasted time.. Another thing, the fellow that was talking to us Louis, stated to us that nowhere besides Mexico was there ALL-Incluivse..that was a lie... there are All- Inclusive all over the world... that madeus want to leave right there and then.
We will look into other Dreams Resort in the future... we seem to go every 2 years...but making sure our rooms are no charged extra... Let's see if Head Office are going to refund that charge,,,??? hummm

Adios

Room Tip: #1825 was awesome