“Dreams Puerto Vallarta April 11-18”

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #12 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Dreams Puerto Vallarta April 11-18”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Can't recommend this resort enough! We had a fantastic time - the location was beautiful with sunny warm weather and an average 29 degree temperature. Beach felt very private and special. Rooms are very well kept and clean - thank you Patricia! We stayed in the Dreams tower and were very satisfied with the room and gorgeous ocean view with dolphins jumping in the bay every morning. The food is great, not the typical bland all inclusive fare with lots of options and no reservations required at any of the restaurants.
Not a lot of evening entertainment, but very close to the old town if you want bars and nightlife or just to walk along the Malecon, a long boardwalk along the bay with shops, restaurants and art installations and sculptures (a cab from the resort is around $7 US).
I am very surprised at another poor review of the staff and resort itself for around the same time we were there. Our experience was much different - all of the people working at the resort were very kind, sincere and helpful in spite of being very busy. Also the grounds, pools and beach appeared very clean and well maintained every day.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view, higher up is better. Dreams tower is less expensive and has clean mod...
1 Thank TorontoBeach2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love dreams PVR and Spa. It is all about the great people and service they offer. They treat you like the best family your ever had. I was sad to leave yesterday and even shed some tears as they will close on May 1 and be transformed to the Hyatt. I hope the Hyatt has the good sense to keep on the excellent staff from Dreams - otherwise, all the remodeling won't be worth it. I know some staff will have to move on to other jobs during the remodeling and I only hope they can return. I have known and loved these people for 9 years and I look forward to seeing them twice a year.

If you haven't been to DREAMS PVR - go now before they close! They are the greatest!
Thanks Noe, Jose, Gregorio and all your staff for the fine work they do. You rock!

Room Tip: Staying in any room is awesome. We love the Preferred Tower.
4 Thank elearning
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

The dreams resort and spa is perfectly located near the centro, the beach is beautiful and private, and the resort is very well-kept and I'll definitely go back.
We went to check it out last year (2013) and got married there this year (2014). The rooms are comfortable, flat screen TV we never used, stocked fridge. Room service is great, pretty quick, and the views from every room are great. Even the first floor, where you have hedges obstructing the view of the ocean, you get a semi-private grass terrace with lounge chairs.
All the restaurants are excellent. The food quality easily tops any other hotel I've ever been at especially all-inclusives. The waiters and staff everywhere are very hard-working folks, and while they appreciate tips they don't ignore you when you don't tip. I never felt obligated to tip everybody I came in contact with -I can't sustain that kind of generosity- but I did throw a few pesos around when I thought they really deserved it and the beers came quicker.
A few honorable mentions from this recent trip:
Rosa in the Rendezvous bar was excellent, service with a smile for sure. And she didn't budge when the whole wedding party invaded the bar.
Salvador at the beach bar is a true asset, he's been there forever and it's great to see the same folks there year after year. He kept a lot of my wedding guests happy for days.
Carlos who currently runs the Kayak launches was super.
Eleane who managed our wedding start to finish was an absolute dream to work with, organized and experienced.
Cris the wedding photographer is a joy to work with. She responds to e-mails quickly and does exactly what she says she'll do. Great photography of course! And not a bad salesperson, since we bought a nice picture package above what we had planned on purchasing.

Room Tip: 1101-1125 is on the first floor. 1201-1225 second, etc...
3 Thank iahddizzl
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Date of vacation April 7 - 17th, 2014
My husband, son and I have stayed at several Mexican all inclusive resorts. El Cid, Barcelo, RIU Palace, Grand Palladium, Occidental Royal Club. We were really looking forward to the Dreams resort based on the reviews on Trip Advisor - we were extremely disappointed. There is no way the Dreams Resort is a 4.5 star hotel.

Room
Stayed in the dreams tower. The room was ok. The min bar had beer, water and pop - the usual. No snacks. The bed was nice - not hard like a lot of hotels. Bathroom toiletries like shampoo were poor - no hair conditioner - I usually take some but thought that all hotels provide this as a basic amenity. Not at Dreams.

Pools
The pools were small and extremely dirty. We stayed for 10 days. It was extremely difficult to find a beach lounge chair at the pool - a couple of mornings we were fortunate to find some vacant chairs and we went to get breakfast, when we came back our books, towels were all gone and other people threw our stuff in the garbage. The second time we managed to get chairs, a lady and her husband actually started throwing our stuff on the ground in front of us, my husband asked the waiter to call security because the couple only spoke spanish.

We spent most of our 10 days at the beach which you couldnt go into the ocean because 8 of the 10 days was plagued with jelly fish. All 3 of us had jelly fish stings. We sat on the beach in extreme heat and had no way to cool off.

The beach was beautiful, as was the view. It was too bad we couldnt swim in the water.

The "quiet pool" was very dirty - I have never been at a resort that I was so scared to go in the water! The quiet pool was full of screaming kids. One morning when we went there we found faces on the pool deck, and my husband had to go find staff to show them and ask for it to be cleaned up.

The food at the buffet was the same everyday for breakfast - small and no variety. We sat and had breakfast with people who had screaming, crying kids - one morning a child was crying for 45 minutes and the parents sat there and didn't do anything. People in the resteraunt were talking about how awful it was - if you want a relaxing vacation not the place to go.

A woman at the buffet actually took a spoon out of the salsa and tasted it and put the spoon back in the bowl - that was the last straw for us.

Beautiful location. Dreams is certainly not a 4.5 star hotel and we would not recommend it for anyone who wants a peaceful relaxing and quality vacation. At best Dreams is a 3 star.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jamie h
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Amazing resort. Amazing staff. Amazing food. Amazing drinks. Not one single bad thing to say about this resort. If you are looking for paradise and want to be treated like royalty, stay at Dreams in Puerto Vallarta. And, while you are here, please go to the lounge off the lobby and see Rosa. She is the sweetest server we have ever met.

Room Tip: Face west overlooking the ocean, and you will wake up to watching dolphins every morning.
2 Thank Leann H
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Outstanding service, excellent food, beautiful resort!

A very heartfelt thank you to the following employees who made our stay incredibly special.
We will always remember this particular vacation because the following staff members truly went beyond "good service" and were genuinely kind, caring and extremely hard working.

Thank you to SAMUEL, RAMON, SALAZAR, SALVADOR, SERGIO and DAMIAN.

Samuel we don't know how you managed so many things at once. You move so fast and always managed to remember us despite being so busy! Thank you so much!

Ramon working on the beach in the heat - you still offered incredible service with genuine kindness - not easy to do. Thank you so much!

Damian, thank you for taking the time to get to know us and to check up on us! We wish you all the best in the tourism industry!

We wish all of you all the best and hope that the Hyatt has the good sense to offer you all positions in the new hotel when it opens.

Great job as well Entertainment Staff!

Hope to be able to see you all again!

Very sincerely!
"JAMBAM"

Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

After just visiting this hotel for our wedding trip to Puerto Vallarta, I am blown away. I didn’t know what to expect being my first time to Mexico but my husband’s second time at this resort. The staff go above and beyond anything I could have hoped and asked for. Before we even arrived we were informed we were being upgraded for being the bride and groom (and to mention we didn’t even get married on site). They took care of our whole entire group of 60 from the moment we arrived to the moment we boarded the bus to leave.

The food is incredible, and this is coming from a picky eater. We stayed for 10 days and never got sick or bored of the food. There are always so many things to choose from. They accommodated 2 celiac individuals with flying colours as well as a vegan. Not one complaint from one of them. The drinks are delicious and they will make them any way you would like.

The location is perfect, only being 5 minutes away from ‘Old Vallarta’. The beach is incredible, my only down side was the blue ‘jellyfish’ flag that was up half the time, but can’t control the ocean!

All what I can say is I hope the Hyatt hires back these incredible employees and keeps the service at this level. I would compare the service at this hotel to that of cruising. They clean your room before lunch and have turn down service as well as 24/7 room service, and not to mention drinks delivered to you on the beach!

I couldn’t have asked for a better hotel to spend 10 days at for our wedding week. There’s definitely a reason that this hotel won the travelers choice award. I am disappointed I won’t be able to go back for our year anniversary since it will still be closed for renovations under the Hyatt but hopefully they can fill Dreams Puerto Vallarta’s shoes.

We look forward to staying at another Dreams resort and having this experience all over again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends