Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Lindo Mar Resort(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Costa Sur Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)
Vallarta Shores(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Playa Fiesta(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
8,415 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerolder towerworld cafedreams resortblaze restaurantjungle treksunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releaseall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This trip exceeded our expectations, kids and parents.The property was a perfect location, far enough from town to keep all the kids together and plenty to do to have a great time. The staff was so friendly and could not have been more attentive. The spa was spa but very peaceful - AND the massages outside by the ocean under a white cabana were amazing. A special shout out to Nurli the massage therapist! Rumor this property is changing hands to a new owner and remodel! I do hope they keep the staff. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: I think all were ocean facing! Sleep with the doors wide open. The sound of the ocean will lull you into a wonderful deep sleep. Halls were quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill G
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have been going to Dreams for over 20 years (starting back when it was the Camino Real). We keep coming back for two reasons - the beach and the people. When we heard that Dreams was going to be sold to Hyatt, we were a little concerned that they might let things slide pending the sale. Not true. Everything was great. The beach is one of the best in Mexico - because of its location, it is essentially private. And the staff was as friendly and efficient as ever. They are closing for six months starting some time in May for "renovations". My advice to the Hyatt - don't change too much.

Room Tip: The "Preferred Club" towers are worth the additional expense.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This resort will be closing at the end of the month and no longer be a Dreams. I am hopeful that the renovations maintain the lush plantings that make the setting feel so secluded and beautiful! It does need a "facelift." Some areas, especially the lobby bar, are showing wear and tear. Unlike other Dreams Resorts I have stayed at, the ala carte portions were quite generous. The fresh fish was amazing and sushi was being made right at the buffet! Not your average all inclusive food! My friend and I were sorry to have a couple of unpleasant service experiences, however. Upon arrival, we were greeted by an AMResorts salesperson who acted as if he was going to show us to our room. When he presented the paperwork for the sales presentation and I explained that I had already been to one at another resort, he abandoned us and left us to find the elevator, etc. on our own! We also had an issue when my friend was injured by the pool and was refused a copy of the accident report that she was asked to sign, even though she was told when signing it that she could get one. The beautiful beach and isolated setting make this a perfect place to getaway and relax. I am hoping that the renovations and new corporation do not make it too expensive to do so in the future.

Room Tip: New tower with balcony and free wifi
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank umichmom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My hubby and I took our 3 boys on vacation here. They're ages 11, 11, and 15. The beach is totally private and had great waves for the boys to play in. I was a little worried about the smaller pool and no water slide, but the boys didn't miss it at all. They spent most of their day playing in the waves. The staff was amazingly accommodating. Our check in process took less than 10 minutes. We were able to get into our room early besides. The restaurants were small but quaint and the food was impressive and yummy. The beach was kept up beautifully.

Room Tip: We had 5 people so we had to get 2 rooms. They were adjoining so the boys had one room, and we had the other. It was quite nice for privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Petersons56215
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Right away Dreams exceeded our expectations. The first night we arrived our reservation was misplaced by the travel company, and they immediately accommodated us and said everything could be sorted out in the morning. The staff was very helpful and attentive! The private beach is lovely and we never found it to be too crowded. The hotel is quite a ways away from any activities in Nuevo Vallarta (something to keep in mind), but is very close to Zona Romantica (and some great nightlife). Being that this was a vacation of my father and I, it was nice that in the evenings the staff had plenty of suggestions for the "over 40" nightlife (e.g. Club Roxy), while I was able to be assisted by the awesome entertainment staff in finding things to do. Overall we would definitely stay at Dreams for a multitude of reasons, but the bottom line is great service, accommodations, and the perfect location. Special thanks to the entertainment staff for making it a fantastic trip, you can definitely see how much time and effort they put into their jobs throughout the day!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family